• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Endeavor Goes Monster Hunting (10-10-0)

And that statement is meant to prove what exactly? Hunter’s getting hit mid air-dive is absolutely a game mechanic that only happens because you pushed the button at the right time.
There is literally an entire weapon based around air play and they still can get hit by Kirin lightning

There is literally an entire weapon based around air play and they still can get hit by Kirin lightning
Is there separate damage for getting hit with lightning in the air vs on the ground. If it is the exact same, then getting hit at all is without question game play since you’d be taking more energy in the air than on the ground so you’d be hurt more. Not adhering to that rule raises questions on how the lightning acts as well as where gameplay stops and lore begins.

Do you believe Anjanath has hotter flames than a Kirin lightning bolt.

A being as hot as plasma is near you. Do you survive punching him.
If you're superhumanly fast and at least a little bit resistant to heat by virtue of having immense durability, absolutely. Again, I must emphasize I'm not entirely negating what you're saying, I'm just noting that it's less impressive than you're trying to present. Large gaps in temperature tolerance can be overcome by just being faster than conduction, and that's what All Might punching plasma boils down to.
Yes they do
When you post a new set of panels, I suppose they would.
Blue fire is irrelevant, Dabi has blue fire and his heat is beyond 3000 c passively, still relying on visuals eh?
2000c, going by the profile, and it's also noted that he's superior to Endeavor in that same breath. You're arguing for a manga character, who is in a visual medium, I don't get this.
His first move on Hood was Jetburn to push him away. You are misremembering or not understanding what I’m saying.
He then engaged in melee combat anyways without spamming his supposed Class T flames to continue putting them out of range, indicating he can't just launch with every single attack and keep someone suppressed despite their flight (or that's just not his preference in combat)
Prominence burn one shots.

Endeavor burns All Might level opponents. All Might has heat resistance higher than Teostra’s heat. Endeavor wins.
No it doesn't, not by the example you gave.
Irrelevant since Teostra doesn’t have heat on par with lightning anyway.
He certainly does by all indication, if you really want to argue lightning as a heat feat.
Slightly burnt, nothing compared to the scar tissue burns he gets when he doesn’t have OFA activated.
That would just be an anti feat for his base resilience, which doesn't matter since he's a (by verse standards) mundane dude with OFA, but the fact you bring it up does really hammer in how I don't think arguing heat potency works with these kinds of matchups. It's a level of energy that can be intaken and withstood with durability, and a ton of verses present it that way even if you have weird stuff like Dragon Ball insisting lava is a danger despite that making no logical sense.
It takes less than a second to burn you at 80 degrees Celsius. Imagine 500 degrees. Then imagine 1000. Then imagine 5000. Punching something is fast. It is not that fast, especially when he’s doing it to dozens of clones so his hand doesn’t have any time to cool down.
Again, it's just that it's less impressive than you're saying, not that it's totally within normal human boundaries. Normal human boundaries are just being used to emphasize that point, and when you dial up the baseline for resistance, the lenience goes up as well.
And that statement is meant to prove what exactly? Hunter’s getting hit mid air-dive is absolutely a game mechanic that only happens because you pushed the button at the right time.
The insect glaive's jump is an entire, major component of their moveset even if you (for some reason) want to argue that hopping into the air is a game mechanic.
As is said, charge is what separates from heat, so none of the dragons need to bother with being hotter than a lightning bolt.
So why doesn't that apply to your example?
If you’re gonna tell me heat resistant armor affects lightning bolt strikes, then we can talk.
Defense in general protects you from every type of element by default, with resistances causing specialization against specific attacks, so sure.
And if you’re advocating that base hunters can endure lightning level heat then that’s a verse wide application of heat manip you are sorely lacking. You talk to me about “connections” when I’m the one with direct profile backing. Way it sounds, you both think even an Anjanath has fire hotter than a Kirin’s bolts.
Can I not just believe your logic is questionable while also engaging in the rhetoric with my own examples? I don't think Anjanath has hotter flames than a lightning bolt, but I also don't think Endeavor has absurd levels of heat because lightning bolts are plasma and someone he can hurt got hit by one.

If you're superhumanly fast and at least a little bit resistant to heat by virtue of having immense durability, absolutely. Again, I must emphasize I'm not entirely negating what you're saying, I'm just noting that it's less impressive than you're trying to present. Large gaps in temperature tolerance can be overcome by just being faster than conduction, and that's what All Might punching plasma boils down to.

When you post a new set of panels, I suppose they would.

2000c, going by the profile, and it's also noted that he's superior to Endeavor in that same breath. You're arguing for a manga character, who is in a visual medium, I don't get this.

He then engaged in melee combat anyways without spamming his supposed Class T flames to continue putting them out of range, indicating he can't just launch with every single attack and keep someone suppressed despite their flight (or that's just not his preference in combat)

No it doesn't, not by the example you gave.

He certainly does by all indication, if you really want to argue lightning as a heat feat.

That would just be an anti feat for his base resilience, which doesn't matter since he's a (by verse standards) mundane dude with OFA, but the fact you bring it up does really hammer in how I don't think arguing heat potency works with these kinds of matchups. It's a level of energy that can be intaken and withstood with durability, and a ton of verses present it that way even if you have weird stuff like Dragon Ball insisting lava is a danger despite that making no logical sense.

Again, it's just that it's less impressive than you're saying, not that it's totally within normal human boundaries. Normal human boundaries are just being used to emphasize that point, and when you dial up the baseline for resistance, the lenience goes up as well.

The insect glaive's jump is an entire, major component of their moveset even if you (for some reason) want to argue that hopping into the air is a game mechanic.

So why doesn't that apply to your example?

Defense in general protects you from every type of element by default, with resistances causing specialization against specific attacks, so sure.

Can I not just believe your logic is questionable while also engaging in the rhetoric with my own examples? I don't think Anjanath has hotter flames than a lightning bolt, but I also don't think Endeavor has absurd levels of heat because lightning bolts are plasma and someone he can hurt got hit by one.
And the profiles disagree with you, as All Might and similarly super speed characters can be burned in an instant by fire users in this verse. Todoroki shoots fire and burns whoever touches his flames in an instant, whether they’re moving or not, so your entire heat transfer argument is irrelevant when the manga doesn’t track with it. Endeavor, with one attack, can reduce a human being to ash. Explain that.

Literally the first two panels where Re-Destro is praising Shigaraki for his near 0 build-up movements, his raw physicality, but I guess you’re just gonna ignore that.

The 2000c is from when he was a CHILD. That was over a decade ago and he massively honed his power and even THEM Endeavor could overpower his normal usage and even survive his max power, self-destruct, countryside vaporizing heat dome attacks.

Circumstances = different approaches. And get past the argument that he one shots with Hell Spider, the move he uses RIGHT after engaging with Hood in melee, then we’ll talk.

Teostra does not have heat on par with lightning if you don’t believe Anjanath has heat on par with lightning. Both can burn the player so they’re the same heat, is that your logic?

Heat matters when one of the combatants can literally VAPORIZE people with his fire. You’re arguing Teostra can withstand his attacks no problem, or even has heat surpassing it, when it gets amped by lava. Temperature matters.

“Less impressive than you’re saying.” Are you serious? The guy in the video you posted wet his hand to do that, it was staged. Your one example is pointless and faulty.

I’m saying being in the air at the exact time you get hit with a Kirin bolt is game play, yes. If there is no indication of separate damage, despite being in the air and struck by lighting vs. being on the ground are VERY different things, then I see no reasons to accept it as a heat or lightning resistance feat.

Because Endeavor burns someone who DOES, without question, get hit by a lightning bolt mid air for several seconds. Your argument is a game play only showing with nothing suggesting the massive difference in being hit on the ground vs in the air.

So the Hunter has resistance to lightning. All the time. Meaning the heat of the lightning, regardless if they’re in the air or not, is irrelevant, because they stop the charge itself. You realize you just shot your own argument right? If they have permanent lightning resistance then the heat isn’t gonna happen regardless especially when combined with the heat resistance, so you can’t argue they have lightning level heat resistance. The charge itself is being grounded, it’s no less than them being on the ground and hit.

That is his scaling. That is what was accepted on his profiles. All Might punching superheated plasma brings into the air is grounds for his resistance. All Might getting slightly hurt by the heat of Bakugo’s explosions is part of his resistance: Deku and Bakugo getting hit by lightning bolts is on their profiles.

You have just told me that hunters have armor that disrupts the very charge of the lightning they’re getting hit by, meaning the lightning can’t hit its intended temperatures regardless of where they are, meaning their overall heat resistance is unknown. This puts you right back to Teostra simply not having anywhere NEAR the heat scaling Endeavor has. You can not believe it all you want, but that’s what he has. Burning All Might tier and heat resistant characters with heat so hot he can vaporize you. Enduring flames from his son who can cut through Carbon Fiber passively, who burned at 2000 degrees Celsius as a child and then got massively amplified by his hatred as an adult until he was gonna vaporize 5 miles of land including part of a city with a self destruction, ever climbing heat threatening to end all life near him without him even going boom.

Teostra does not have anything on the level of what Endeavor has done, scales to or survived.

I am one again pressed to ask: what on earth does Teostra do to win.

Endeavor is smarter, has hotter flames and thus superior heat resistance, and can one shot with any of his flashfire fist attacks.The match starts at range, so Endeavor can easily fly around and blast Teostra. The moment he realizes it has durability at or above a High Ends, he busts out his stronger moves and kills it.

Teostra’s only arguments are that it has one move that seems stronger than its other moves and can use scales that are ridiculously easy to see to hurt him if they touch him, and therefore can beat Endeavor?? It’s scales don’t do enough damage to put him down without multiple applications on TOP of him having enough mobility and intelligence to either keep Teostra away with any of his attacks that launch it away like Jet Burn or one shot it.

Again: Hell Spider alone us enough to cut through Teostra. Endeavor has basic scaling putting his flames over 5000 to 6000 degrees Celsius, Teostra has nothing in comparison.

Endeavor is smarter, has hotter flames and thus superior heat resistance, and can one shot with any of his flashfire fist attacks.The match starts at range, so Endeavor can easily fly around and blast Teostra. The moment he realizes it has durability at or above a High Ends, he busts out his stronger moves and kills it.

Teostra’s only arguments are that it has one move that seems stronger than its other moves and can use scales that are ridiculously easy to see to hurt him if they touch him, and therefore can beat Endeavor?? It’s scales don’t do enough damage to put him down without multiple applications on TOP of him having enough mobility and intelligence to either keep Teostra away with any of his attacks that launch it away like Jet Burn or one shot it.

Again: Hell Spider alone us enough to cut through Teostra. Endeavor has basic scaling putting his flames over 5000 to 6000 degrees Celsius, Teostra has nothing in comparison.
Bro you are a hero

Just because you don't acknowledge what I'm saying doesn't mean the arguments cease to exist. Endeavor does in fact slow down as he heats up, meaning Teostra's stamina would provide a very concrete advantage to push overtime. Teostra in fact is stronger and his explosives provide him a lot of room to push that advantage since he can prevent Endeavor from grabbing him, as well as throw out a smokescreen to interfere with the trajectory of his attacks.
Endeavor is smarter, has hotter flames and thus superior heat resistance, and can one shot with any of his flashfire fist attacks.
You know, it's occuring to me that only prominence burn is actually even hinted at doing major damage to comparable opponents by his N&AT (while being absent from his attack potency), and that required point-blank application directly on something he was more than capable of hurting prior, for prominence burn.
The match starts at range, so Endeavor can easily fly around and blast Teostra. The moment he realizes it has durability at or above a High Ends, he busts out his stronger moves and kills it.
Range means that Endeavor strictly has to constantly throw out heat attacks and spend his reserves, and Teostra can use his scales to create blasts to midigate that even if he can't get close.
Teostra’s only arguments are that it has one move that seems stronger than its other moves
Hmm.
and can use scales that are ridiculously easy to see
Not outside of gameplay convenience and being in particularly notable clouds. These are single, isolated scales floating through the air, and even if you are constantly aware of their locale, that doesn't negate the tactical benefits.
to hurt him if they touch him, and therefore can beat Endeavor?? It’s scales don’t do enough damage to put him down without multiple applications on TOP of him having enough mobility and intelligence to either keep Teostra away with any of his attacks that launch it away like Jet Burn or one shot it.
Outside of that last part, it would be a factor, sure. If one side entirely lacks advantages by which they can overcome the opponent, that's a stomp.
This is exaggerated, and I find the AP/Heat split thing to be a bit bizarre anyways. I'm obviously not the only one.

Just because you don't acknowledge what I'm saying doesn't mean the arguments cease to exist. Endeavor does in fact slow down as he heats up, meaning Teostra's stamina would provide a very concrete advantage to push overtime. Teostra in fact is stronger and his explosives provide him a lot of room to push that advantage since he can prevent Endeavor from grabbing him, as well as throw out a smokescreen to interfere with the trajectory of his attacks.

You know, it's occuring to me that only prominence burn is actually even hinted at doing major damage to comparable opponents by his N&AT (while being absent from his attack potency), and that required point-blank application directly on something he was more than capable of hurting prior, for prominence burn.

Range means that Endeavor strictly has to constantly throw out heat attacks and spend his reserves, and Teostra can use his scales to create blasts to midigate that even if he can't get close.

Hmm.

Not outside of gameplay convenience and being in particularly notable clouds. These are single, isolated scales floating through the air, and even if you are constantly aware of their locale, that doesn't negate the tactical benefits.

Outside of that last part, it would be a factor, sure. If one side entirely lacks advantages by which they can overcome the opponent, that's a stomp.

This is exaggerated, and I find the AP/Heat split thing to be a bit bizarre anyways. I'm obviously not the only one.
The explosions that are positively miniscule in comparison to Endeavor’s own attacks? Endeavor only slows down when he’s thrown upwards of 4-5 Flashfire Fist attacks, and even then he can push himself to continue throwing them out due to his Supernatural Willpower. Teostra can’t survive a single attack from him.

A single Flashfire Fist attack from him is enough, that’s the entire point of them. They condense his normal flames into super heated versions that kill people that survive his normal fire. Hood took a Jetburn with big burns, but was sliced to pieces by Hell Spider. If you want to say Prominence Burn one shots, get Teostra’s heat resistance past Endevaor’s normal Flashfire attacks first.

What “reserves” are you talking about? He throws out Hell Spider and Teostra loses, the fight doesn’t take long at all the second he gets serious, and Teostra has no means of avoiding since Endeavor would just catch it on top of its larger size.

Show me better examples of Teostra’s scales right now. All I have to go on are the gameplay fights and a cutscene, both of which show the scales are ridiculously noticeable and avoidable. Endeavor would have Teostra chopped to ribbons before it can use its scales effectively in anyway

There is no exaggeration.

Can ignore conventional durability (The heat of his flames can reach such extreme degree that he is able to burn Shigaraki's body to the point of nearly killing him. His firepower was compared to that of a giant super laser)

Directly from his page.

“Capable of using Flashfire Fist moves, fire attacks with a heat so high that it can burn people on All Might's level”

Directly from Shoto’s page.

Heat (Can directly hit beings composed of superheated plasma. Can effortlessly take the heat of Dynamight's nitroglycerin explosions, which reach temperatures of about 5,000 °C)

All Might’s corresponding heat resistance.

Resistance to:
Bakugo’s resistance yet Endeavor can burn Bakugo.
Flashfire Fist attacks are in excess of these temperatures, as has been accepted on their profiles. If you wish to debate against that, make a CRT, otherwise any complaints you have about Endeavor’s temperature are not founded.

For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes. Some examples:
  • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
oh, that part. i knew about that, when he said "grace also stopped" i thought he meant the idea of having a grace period for votes to change had been done away with, oopsie

It seems both sides have said all there is to say. I find the Teostra side more convincing, so Teostra FRA.

You need to provide actual feats, on... basically all of this, actually. Obviously he knows the ins and outs of himself but how does his strategizing allow him to overcome someone who can cover the field in explosives on a whim and overpower someone who is and remains stronger than him in a drawn out conflict? His flames also just don't have feats besides overcoming his own resilience, Teostra is more than capable of harming hunters that are fully immune to being lit on fire and even standing on full blown lava with it's fire and especially it's explosions, both of which it's basically impervious to.

Both of these are just factually incorrect. The explosions go off the moment anything procs them- and this can be as small as them clicking their fangs together, or a hunter inflicted with blastblight stepping onto Lava, so he's not dodging if the scales are on him, much less if he's using his flames to do so. Teostra also isn't a completely melee fighter, their fire breath and especially the range his scales can spread certainly extend past that.

Again, Teostra's heat resistance is just higher by all accounts, and they can keep going despite being constantly attacked by Hunters and using it's abilities. Come to think of it, Teostra even goes as far to become stronger as it's allowed to heat up, indicated by it steadily glowing brighter with sheer heat until it coalesces into a massive explosion. Granted, the clip itself is a demonstration of it being pretty easy to dodge that specific attack, but it's a clear demonstration of what I'm getting at.

Shigaraki absolutely has windup; any biomechanical creature does by virtue of needing to move their limbs. Teostra's not really special in that regard outside of game mechanics (which, funnily enough, are straight up absent in earlier entries when it can just charge or smack you with no warning).

Deku also just isn't skilled outside of lip service, his big fights against truly dangerous opponents are won by putting an apt amount of force via One For All. Muscular, Shigaraki, Overhaul even goes as far as to call him out for being predictable when he tries to use 20% for a single directional attack until he gets taken down by the Eri backpack letting him use 100% without consequence.

It's an old page, but I can confirm that Elder Dragons just don't tire like other monsters do in game, so it should count. (not to mention Hunts in general being based on the concept of persistence hunting, where the monster will try to run but just get chased down over the course of in game hours)
This is a pretty outdated view on Deku's fighting capabilities. By the time he is fighting Gentle Criminal, his combat skills have already started improving and that was season 4, after that he goes through way way more fights.

In total, post-Overhaul, Deku has more than 10 other battles in his roster onscreen and offscreen plus in other media.

He is skilled just by virtue of raw experience.

Only the Endeavor reasons are convincing me since he has actual feats to back up his rating.

Teostra is getting carried by popularity and MHA downplay.

Only the Endeavor reasons are convincing me since he has actual feats to back up his rating.
If you disagree with where Teostra is rated right now make a CRT to change that with a replacement tier mate.

Shit, Endeavor's best personal feat is somewhere in tier 8 is it not?
I didn't even know what a Teostra was before reading this match to make a decision on a vote lmfao

Can you not start a shitshow here
Just telling it how I see it.

Arguments that use actual feats to support the character you want to win will always be way more convincing than ones that try to downplay the opponent.

Trying to downplay Endeavor or even Deku's fighting skills for some reason (he has nothing to do with this) instead of just stating Teostra's feats and letting the feats speak for themselves is already a bad look.

Based take, Mideavor should die and One Piece reigns. But being real, it's more of a bad look for us in the MHA fandom to say things like that about people voting. Tackle the arguments and leave it at that, it's just a thread.

Last edited:
Based take, Mideavor should die and One Piece reigns. But being real, it's more of a bad look for us in the MHA fandom to say things like that about people voting. Tackle the arguments and leave it at that, it's just a thread.
I was not talking about the people voting.

I was talking about the people downplaying Endeavor and that somehow stretched into Deku downplay for some reason.

All I'm saying is that you don't need to downplay Endeavor or Deku or whoever else for your favorite character to win a matchup. As long as the character has the better feats, they will win just based on that alone.

If these are your honest thoughts, should probably never have said that Teostra votes were just because popularity, icl. But forgetting about that, hope this impasse of votes ends. Would be anticlimactic to end this with inconclusive.

Back