• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Easy distinction between HDE and Tier 2/1 potency?

Is there a simple distinction between the two?

Say you have two 4D beings, but one only as far as HDE is concerned, and the another one with 2C Potency.

Is it as simple as being able to say the 2C being is an infinitely 'denser' level of 4D than the 4D HDE being?

One has more directions to move (and untouchable if the opponent doesn't have higher dimensional range), and the other is stronger

Sorry but that literally doesn't tell me anything.

In my example, both are 4D and thus have the above stated default qualities of 4D. But just because you are 4D doesn't mean you qualify for Low 2C AP.

I'm looking for some quick qualifier/descriptor that would allow a known 4D HDE being to also qualify for the 2C tier.

For example.

If a 4D being was stated to be infinitely denser than a 3D being, would that allow said 4D being to also qualify for Low 2C?

I assume that would qualify but not sure.

Being infinitely denser would not qualify with just that context. Denser could be referring to their mass, which could be argued to High 3-A but even then that's extremely iffy.

The difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is that there are spaces between Universes and the size of sed spaces is unknown to us. This is because that space is separating entire Space-Time Continuums (Universes) and keeping them from touching one another.

We can't assume that having the power to destroy a universe multiplied by 50 or even Infinity means your power can cross that gap. As such the main way to reach 2-C is just showing you have the ability to destroy two or more universes at once or showing your power can cross that kind of space.

I realize what the power output of 2C amounts to, but what I mean is that's extremely rare for a 2C rated character to actually do something as ham fisted and on-the-nose as destroying two space-times.

Usually they can reach that AP rating in much more subtle ways either through background creation feats or statements.

Since we dont automatically assume a 4D+ character has 2C+ AP, I'm just trying to figure out how a 4D character could be described in a way that also infers them to qualify for 2C or at least low 2C AP.

I recall on one of the pages of this wiki that it said something to the effect that a higher dimensional character cannot be assumed to have higher end AP without at least being described as having an 'endlessly higher level of existence' than those of one dimension lower.

So I was trying to figure out another way of describing an 'endlessly higher level of existence' without just using those words verbatim. That's why I was bringing up the infinitely greater density as an example, to see if that could be one such alternative that could get the same result.

If there's some other combo of words that would be interpreted as equivalent to 'endlessly higher level of existence', I'd love to know.

I realize what the power output of 2C amounts to, but what I mean is that's extremely rare for a 2C rated character to actually do something as ham fisted and on-the-nose as destroying two space-times.

Usually they can reach that AP rating in much more subtle ways either through background creation feats or statements.

Since we dont automatically assume a 4D+ character has 2C+ AP, I'm just trying to figure out how a 4D character could be described in a way that also infers them to qualify for 2C or at least low 2C AP.

I recall on one of the pages of this wiki that it said something to the effect that a higher dimensional character cannot be assumed to have higher end AP without at least being described as having an 'endlessly higher level of existence' than those of one dimension lower.

So I was trying to figure out another way of describing an 'endlessly higher level of existence' without just using those words verbatim. That's why I was bringing up the infinitely greater density as an example, to see if that could be one such alternative that could get the same result.

If there's some other combo of words that would be interpreted as equivalent to 'endlessly higher level of existence', I'd love to know.
I can't think of one atm but If I do I'll let you know.

Back