• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
(First CRT done on phone, wasn’t too bad but never again)

Currently we have 23rd Budokai Goku be 2x King Piccolo Saga Goku in strength, based on this statement from Dragon Ball Forever:

"After receiving training from the g*ds, Goku nearly doubles his strength. When he stores up his Ki for the Kamehameha, this value rises to nearly 1,000!"

However this is not stating Goku’s growth from KP to the 23rd Budokai, but rather his growth from KP all the way the Raditz Saga. Firstly the header translates to “Battle with Raditz”, the corresponding battle power is 416 the same battle power Raditz analyzed from Goku in their fight, and the “nearly 1,000!” with the kamehameha is also within their fight. This is pretty straightforward.

This is an issue as it implies he has not trained in between DB and DBZ which is straight up false, and the fact that the text translated from a Chinese version of the guide, not the original Japanese text.

As a replacement, we’ll use this multiplier statement from Piccolo Jr. where he states that he got several/many times stronger than King Piccolo (3x) this will be the replacement for both the Canon and Toei profiles

Only counting staff votes

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
No, that doesn't make even sense. For the sentence to make sense, Goku from the Piccolo Jr. Saga and Goku from the Raditz Saga would need to have the same Power Level; he didn't receive training from the gods after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, that training was in preparation for said tournament. It literally cannot not be describing his progression from the King Piccolo Saga to the next. However, that implies he has not trained between DB and Z, which is explicitly false.

sooooo
whole statement thrown out?
scans are in chinese so we can't even be sure the original intent of the japanese text was even preserved?

No, that doesn't make even sense. For the sentence to make sense, Goku from the Piccolo Jr. Saga and Goku from the Raditz Saga would need to have the same Power Level; he didn't receive training from the gods after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, that training was in preparation for said tournament. It literally cannot not be describing his progression from the King Piccolo Saga to the next. However, that implies he has not trained between DB and Z, which is explicitly false.

sooooo
scans are in chinese so we can't even be sure the original intent of the japanese text was even preserved?
Kinda funny how small the gap is though. He went from like 910 to 924 iirc

i actually thought of this yesterday how did you read my mind

while power levels do imply goku being comparable to himself in the radits saga during the 23rd tournament, as Null showed the context of both statements deny it

this is one of the cases where we disregard power levels, i disagree unless there's other evidence

sooooo
Yeah sure I’ll rephrase the CRT and use a different multiplier

I’ll also remove the 10x multiplier for Namek Goku in the future, due to the same issues of it being from a Chinese version of the guide

Last edited:
Yeah sure I’ll rephrase the CRT and use a different multiplier

I’ll also remove the 10x multiplier for Namek Goku in the future, due to the same issues of it being from a Chinese version of the guide
goku should downscale from 2nd form frieza, it gives him more than 10x anyway

why don't we use the ultra divine water as a 10x? it implies goku used his oozaru power multiple times

goku should downscale from 2nd form frieza, it gives him more than 10x anyway
Damage already made a thread to remove that so no
many is at least 4x as it's more than several
several itself being "more than 2, not many"
Only Viz says that, the original Japanese text means several. It’s only “many” for the anime

can u link it?
But enough talk about this, it isn’t the thread’s focus

Reactions: Sus
i agree with the piccolo upgrade, it's a blatant statement, and it's usual for dragon ball characters to grow 10 or even 20 times more powerful within years, 3x is very fine

also
why don't we use the ultra divine water as a 10x? it implies goku used his oozaru power multiple times

Back