• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doflamingo and Body Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think this was enough to be put in the Content Revision Thread, but I might as well:

Doffy-ThreadControl
I completely overlooked the fact that Doflamingo, after being inflicted damage by Law's Gamma Knife, had lost functions over most of his organs due to them being blown apart, and he was left dying. But after activating his powers on himself, Doflamingo's bodily functions were working again--but manually.

Looking at the Body Control page, I see a few factors that align with Doflamingo's feat, but obviously at an incredibly limited level. I believe it should be included onto his profile (or another ability that better correlates with this).

An example of this being in a versus match would probably be the following:

An opponent with a heart-grabbing ability telekinetically crushes Doflamingo's heart, which leaves the latter in a state in which he will most likely die--but uses his abilities on his heart and manipulates its functions at will while it's being repaired--though he is still left greatly damaged by this due to only repairing the organ, but doing nothing about damaged cells or pain. He'd be in bad physical condition, but still capable of fighting and most importantly--surviving.

Edit: Copied from a comment I made below

"Should it be included that:

1) Doflamingo's threads are incredibly thin, making them almost impossible to see with the naked eye (this is stressed in the manga quite heavily, as only those with Kenbunshoku Haki [and Law, who has knowledge on the fruit] were capable of actively noticing attacks such as Goshikito),

2) Doflamingo seemingly has limited Resistance to the elements as seen in his engagements with Sanji and Kuzan, the latter freezing Doflamingo's body over, yet leaving almost no sign of Doflamingo being debilitated by the cold,

3) Limited (and I mean almost no level) Fire Manipulation (via Overheat -- In the manga, it's not directly stated that the rope is in flames, but we do see steam/smoke coming off of it in a lot of cases),

4) Does Doflamingo's Parasito fall under Physical Possession, or something similar?

5) I know this would probably never factor in during a fight unless and opponent has Power Nullification, but it should be noted that Doflamingo has some level of competence with fire-arms, as shown when he executed opponents like Law, Rocinante, and a couple others.

6) Since Doflamingo's gun utilizes lead bullets, does that grant him some form of Poison Manipulation due to lead being a highly toxic material that could end up killing someone over some time, or at least debilitate them?"

Limited Body Control is fine

I'm a bit on the fence on Regen but Healing via whatever this ability is could work (Can slowly repair his internal orgins)

@Lord - Should he keep the Regenerationn under his abilities section if we're going to include some level of limited Healing (it's definitely not true healing. He's just using his threads to stitch up his organs, and force them to work in order to stay alive and as a result, keep fighting)?

I just find it strange that Mid-Low regen is something like restoring a superficial cut or tear on the body, while High-Low jumps to regenerating limbs and entire organs, making the difference between High-Low and Low-Mid regen negligible. I can't remember if I made a CRT to change High-Low to something of a lower level (the peak being capable of restoring a finger, or piece of an organ rather than an entire limb), since it's strangely placed, but I might do so very soon.

Also, while I'm at it with this thread, there are SO many abilities that may factor in for Doflamingo after re-reading Dressrosa for the 800th time: I swear I'm not wanking him, and some of these should already be on his profile.

Should it be included that:

1) Doflamingo's threads are incredibly thin, making them almost impossible to see with the naked eye (this is stressed in the manga quite heavily, as only those with Kenbunshoku Haki [and Law, who has knowledge on the fruit] were capable of actively noticing attacks such as Goshikito),

2) Doflamingo seemingly has limited Resistance to the elements as seen in his engagements with Sanji and Kuzan, the latter freezing Doflamingo's body over, yet leaving almost no sign of Doflamingo being debilitated by the cold,

3) Limited (and I mean almost no level) Fire Manipulation (via Overheat -- In the manga, it's not directly stated that the rope is in flames, but we do see steam/smoke coming off of it in a lot of cases),

4) Does Doflamingo's Parasito fall under Physical Possession, or something similar?

5) I know this would probably never factor in during a fight unless and opponent has Power Nullification, but it should be noted that Doflamingo has some level of competence with fire-arms, as shown when he executed opponents like Law, Rocinante, and a couple others.

I'll just throw this in too while I await your response:

6) Since Doflamingo's gun utilizes lead bullets, does that grant him some form of Poison Manipulation due to lead being a highly toxic material that could end up killing someone over some time, or at least debilitate them?

Okay, I'm done with my list of nonsense.

1. Do what would you like to add?, Them having enhanced sight.

2. I think resistance to heat and cold could be add.

3. When I first seen that move in the anime I already assumed was enhanced with fire lol. I don't see any real problem. Minor Fire Manipulation (insert move here)

4. I would be fine with Physical Possession just explain it (Can control others movements with Parasito)

5. I don't think it's really necessary to add the fact that he has some level of skill with fire arms considering it not really his first nature to use them but I think we can add a pistol for his Standard Equipment

6. I think it's ok for him to have Poison Manipulation in the form of The bullets for his pistol are toxic

@LordGriffon

1) Something along the lines of "individual threads produced by the Ito-Ito no mi are incredibly thin, and are thus difficult for opponents to see without actively looking for them."

3) We've decided to ignore the anime for the profiles as a) they've strayed from the manga in cases by including filler in canon material, and b) character statements are changed completely, such as in Luffy vs Fujitora. I was very doubtful about the anime's display of Overheat, as they used it quite differently compared to the manga.

• But yeah, Overheat in the manga is implied to be heated/ablaze due to smoke and steam emitting from it.
5) Well, it's not just a pistol he uses. He also wields his feather coat as a massive shield to block wide-ranged attacks. I expect him to have something like "Competent with a flint-lock pistol, and uses his Feathered-coat as a shield", but if you disagree, I wont add it.

May I apply the accepted changes to Doflamingo's profile (his profile would need to be unlocked)?

1. That seems perfectly fine to add

3. I see, well as I said Minor Fire Manipulation with Overheat seems fine

5. I think it's fine to add Competent with a flint-lock pistol, and uses his Feathered-coat as a shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back