• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Giorno's infinite death loop bypass durability?

Last time i checked it says it needs to hit you with his ability to "have your death looped", but you can't loop someone's death if they aren't dead to begin with.

Last time i checked it says it needs to hit you with his ability to "have your death looped", but you can't loop someone's death if they aren't dead to begin with.
So basically, it's "The Death Loop necessitates contact to happen." Not "The Death Loop will happen upon contact."

"Those who are stuck by this power will have even their deaths reverted to zero" - stand stats

"A person struck by the Requiem will be reduced to nothing, and will continue to die over and over again" - jojo databook

None says you kill someone and then it happens, he can just strike you and you are in the loop already

So GER can do like i said earlier

I believe the keyword here is "death", since it explicitly mentions their death, the wikia thought that it means GER must kill someone in order for them to experience endless death.

I honestly believe otherwise, and that he can do it without having to kill em, but I believe this was already rejected to death, so eh.

The only argument was basically why he didnt do it in the 1st place, which is very simple to answer, he wanted to rush him (which is something jojo does a lot regardless if killing or not) and its not like it will automatically happen the moment he touches, thats up to him when to activate, you dont see GE life creation happen the moment he touches something, neither does CD repairing all he punches

You can't have your death reverted to zero if are alive, you don't have a death in your pocket, you have a death when you are killed.

GER works by affecting existent events and changing them, if the event doesn't exist (i.e. someone not being dead), he doesn't do shit, all of that is based on assumption, the stand stats make it clear that they need a death to begin with.

Ger doesn't need to kill someone, they just need them to have died somehow, nowhere there dos it say "he touches you and you are in a death loop".

Msot people in jojo being struck by GER would die instantly, so it can easily mean "those killed will dissapear", they use the same word "struck" in the stand stats when talking about their deaths.

Even if the databook mean't othereise, the manga is the primary source and it makes it clear that the enemy must die somehow.

I think it's just semantics here.

Once GER makes contact with the target, it should already be viable for a Death Loop. But the target must die first, or to be put in the brink of death, to revert the death into zero. GER doesn't have to be the one to induce death, however.
Not just making contact and the Death Loop will happen regardless whether there was damage done or not.

The closest thing that suggests the second is the databook statement, "A person struck by the Requiem will be reduced to nothing" taken at face value. But it's also vague so it's understandable that people won't take it as sufficient evidence.

You can't have your death reverted to zero if are alive, you don't have a death in your pocket, you have a death when you are killed.

GER works by affecting existent events and changing them, if the event doesn't exist (i.e. someone not being dead), he doesn't do shit, all of that is based on assumption, the stand stats make it clear that they need a death to begin with.

Ger doesn't need to kill someone, they just need them to have died somehow, nowhere there dos it say "he touches you and you are in a death loop".

Msot people in jojo being struck by GER would die instantly, so it can easily mean "those killed will dissapear", they use the same word "struck" in the stand stats when talking about their deaths.

Even if the databook mean't othereise, the manga is the primary source and it makes it clear that the enemy must die somehow.
Says who? Nothing implies or suggests you gotta kill for it to activate, thats assumed for no reason

Stands stats dont say you gotta kill them and then it goes on at all

Also false, GER didnt kill anyone by just using physical force on them

Databooks are for clarifying or pointing stuff from a series, you have no reason to ignore at all, especially that we use it for profiles

I was also confused a bit more when ger's attack potency said it (in the wiki) ignores durability when using return to zero so if anyone can explain that a bit to me. Like ger ignores durability when punching someone and being able to kill anyone regardless of durability or what?

yes, and only need to "hit" to send the Infinite Death Loop.

"Last time I checked it says it needs to hit you with his ability to have your death looped, but you can't loop someone's death if they aren't dead to begin with"

This is an old argument to debunk this and this is just a misconception. What is meant by "Death Loop" is a character who is sent will die BUT not dead in this world but in another world created by GER and never said to want it manga, anime, databook if GER has killed Diavolo and also the one who hit Diavolo is GER who is an Independent Stand which means he attacks because he wants to protect Giorno especially he is the one who talks

Back