• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does durability equal attack power

i know this has nothing to do with anything but if you survive a uni+ attack but get severely injured by a wall level attack
what is the characters durability

Well, one has to give. Either Uni+ or Wall level.
uni+ makes more sense
also i'm referring to something where a character survived a uni+ attack but got hurt by a wall level thing being a ceiling falling on him but it did seem like it was a fake out

i know this has nothing to do with anything but if you survive a uni+ attack but get severely injured by a wall level attack
Depends more on the context behind each feat. If a character has been built up to be able to take on threats on the level of destroying universes and such, and they get hurt in a dramatic scene where the battlefield is collapsing, I'm more likely to be inclined to believe they should be universal. Especially since the usage of environmental damage is often considered separate from character damage in action fiction that focuses on such an escalation of scale.

Depends more on the context behind each feat. If a character has been built up to be able to take on threats on the level of destroying universes and such, and they get hurt in a dramatic scene where the battlefield is collapsing, I'm more likely to be inclined to believe they should be universal. Especially since the usage of environmental damage is often considered separate from character damage in action fiction that focuses on such an escalation of scale.
Or in Arceus' case. A good dose of PIS.

Normally durability doesn’t scale to AP unless said character has been shown to harm themselves or trade blows with those capable of harming them.

Normally people will have the same Dura and AP, but this is because most media will have at least someone trade blow's with them on a equal or similar level. That said, there are a few rare cases where someone's AP might be much higher than their Dura, or their Dura higher than their AP- Generally though, these two stats don't inherently correlate, even if they happen to be the same often.

That's just a case of either PIS, anti-feat shithousery or outlier territory, but it all depends on the context behind the two attacks. Context is king.

Like Duedate said, if the characters are consistently shown to be universal and fight against universal threats or other foes of cosmic nature and it's in their narrative to be that strong, but they then suddenly show fears of dying to a fall or getting hurt by a knife slice, then context would dictate the former takes the most priority and the latter just becomes pure PIS.

I suggest better specifying the durability section of the page, since most people think that AP can be scaled from durability using feats like: - An explosion occurred at the city level and therefore your AP is the same.

Sometimes Durability equal Ap depending on the UES of the verse. Dragon Ball and Bleach are examples if am not wrong.

Back