• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Doctor Who) The Doctor's powers additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor power additions​

Further explaination to the Doctor's supernatural luck​

• It was stated that events happen in a way that gives the Doctor a chance of victory in variety of ways. From Camera Obscura.
Sabbath shrugged graciously. ‘You know, Doctor, even allowing for the, ah, unique circumstances of your last near-death experience, it’s extraordinary how often you’re plucked out of trouble at the last minute.’

‘Is it?’

‘Rescuers turn up. Weapons jam. Your companions, who, if you will forgive me, don’t strike me as more than usually competent, save the day. Buildings explode immediately after you find the way out. Cities fall just as the TARDIS dematerialises.’

‘Exaggerated reports, I assure you.’

‘Electrical currents short-circuit. Evil masterminds make foolish errors. If you fall out of a window, there’s something to catch you. If you’re drowning, a spar floats by. You find your way unsinged out of burning houses.’

‘Where do you get all this stuff? I don’t remember half of it.’

‘You survive alien mind probes that would boil the average brain in its skull. You are dug unharmed from beneath fallen rubble. No one ever shoots you in the head. Deadly drugs turn out not to affect you. Villains tie you up too loosely, and hide-bound tyrants’ convictions falter at your rhetoric. In short,’ Sabbath finished smoothly, ‘in your presence, the odds collapse.’ - Camera Obscura

Sonic Screwdriver​

THE DOCTOR: I was being kind. Right, I'm going to hypnotise him. I'm going to erase his memory.
CLARA: Doctor, stop!
THE DOCTOR: Tiny little brain, only take a moment.

Equipments and Prep Time​

• The Hand of Omega could altering a star's life cycle and able to turn them into a supernova. But there's no age manipulation in the profile, we should add it.
  • The Doctor managed to utilise the power of the Silence himself. He memory-proofed his information, anyone who learned anything instantly forgot it. Seen in The Inforarium.
THE DOCTOR: Right now you’re probably boasting about twelve levels of reality. Boring! You’re right, I can’t delete any of YOUR data…but I CAN memory-proof it.
MAN: Memory what?
THE DOCTOR: Any information from this facility concerning me will be forgotten seconds after it is learned. Clever trick. Learned it from the Silence.
MAN: That’s impossible.
THE DOCTOR: Anything about me, the Doctor, the Last of the Time Lords, will just disappear from your mind like it was never there.
  • Resistance to Reality Warping, the Doctor can build a device that countereact reality warping and direct it back to kill the user. Seen in The Clockwise War.
  • Disease Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Deconstruction and some kind of Immortality Negation. The Doctor used Kotturuhs' power to creates the Sentence of Death, which grant (or enforce) a defined lifespan upon an entire species - from thousands of years to instant destruction. The Doctor used it against the Kotturuhs, setting their lifespan to lasts only 15 minutes before they're crumble to dust. As well as negation to resistance to these abilities, as the Doctor modified it to negates Kotturuh's resistance, which can resist their own power. (Quite long quote, deal with it)
He reached inside his jacket. Found the other phial. Pulled it out.

The Sentence of Death.

For a second he hesitated. Then he tossed it to the ground beside Fallomax's body, and it cracked open.

"You don't get to decide who dies anymore," the Doctor said.

The Kotturuh barely even noticed it. What was a small glass phial when they had shaped the future of eternity?

"You will not interfere of our design"

The Kotturuh turned to each other, clearly approving the gesture. Only they could find humour in the dooming of a whole species. And yet...

The Doctor smiled too. You could always see when the Doctor smiled. But you never quite knew what he was laughing at.

"You know, it's interesting," he said, as ebony flakes began to drift from beneath the Kotturuh veils and their hides gew waxy. "Someone once told me that if I could decide who lives and who dies, that would make me a monster. But there are worse monsters than me in this universe."

The Kotturuh sank down as if bowing. "What... is happening?"

"There's a chance, now, that from here on, everyone lives. And I'm not passing that up for your sakes."

"What have you done?"

"Simulated your gift and flung it back in your faces."

"We are... infected?"

"You're changing." The Doctor held up a hand. "Wave goodbye to immortality, Kotturuh. Say hello to fifteen minutes of Fame!"

"You... cannot interfere..." The Kotturuh was sinking to its knees, ripping like laundry on a line. "This is... sacrilege..."

"This is victory," said the Doctor. "How long have you got, Kotturuh? Can you work it out? Tell the others, tell the rest of your species to run. Because your death has been decided and it's coming."

The creatures were moaning, writhing now.

"I warned you to stop. All you showed the universe was cruelty. But all flesh is grass, Kotturuh - even yours. The grass withers, but the word of the Time Lord Victorious? That endures forever!"

And as the skies bled black overhead, and the Kotturuh howled, he stepped into the TARDIS and left.

"We are dying."

A Kotturuh filled the screen. It was speaking from inside the sepulchral interior of its craft. But something was wrong with the creature. Behind its veil, the flesh was running like an open wound.

"Help us," it begged. "We cannot contain the infection."

"I told you I'd stop you," the Doctor said. "The death you've brought to so many others is coming back to bite you."

"This is not new life." The Kotturuh shook itself like a wet dog, black gore splashing through its veil. "This is not justice... This is... unravelling... nothing..."

The voice choked to whispers and the Kotturuh's body followed it, fading to bleached, mishapen bones. As its bulk vanished, other Kotturuh on board could be seen, hovering at their black and spiny posts. They too were unravelling into dust.

"Please, help... Doctor..."

The Kotturuh ship fell silent. Dust motes spun in the settling air.

"Ashes to ashes," said the Doctor, and a chill spread across the bridge. - The Knight, The Fool, and The Dead

And that's all
Really appriciate everyone's inputs.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I believe he managed to hide his TARDIS using the same trick the Sontarans did, to hide it from the Master in "The End of Time".

Zach has said he's fine with the OP too.

Thank you for the inputs.

Result so far
Agree: PlozAlcachaz, ByAsura, Colonel_Krukov, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, Hellbeast, Oliver_de_jesus
Not Agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back