• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do we allow 100% Japanese WN that came from Shōsetsuka ni Narō in VS Wiki ?

Do we allow 100% Japanese WN that came from Shōsetsuka ni Narō in this Wiki ?

As we know,
Shōsetsuka ni Narō (小説家になろう, lit. "Let's Become a Novelist") is a Japanese novel self-publishing website created by Yusuke Umezaki (梅崎 祐輔, Umezaki Yūsuke). It was launched on April 2, 2004. Users can upload their novels free of charge and the novels are also free to read. As of December 2022, the site hosts close to 1,000,000 novels, has over 2,300,000 registered users and it receives over 1 billion page views per month.[1]

Over one hundred novel series uploaded to the site have been acquired by various publishers, such as Log Horizon, serialized from 2010 before being acquired by Enterbrain in 2011,[2] and The Irregular at Magic High School, which was serialized between 2008 and 2011 before being acquired by ASCII Media Works.[3]

Futabasha's light novel imprint Monster Bunko was established on July 30, 2014, which exclusively publishes series that originated on Shōsetsuka ni Narō.

So do we accept 100% WN or only Selected works that got published ?

Well, It is okay to add verses that are Japanese exclusive if translated well, but I recall one of our former staff members insisted something along the lines of "No extremely high tiered verses that lack English localization" Then again, said former staff was banned. So I don't know if the demand holds a lot of weight.

Well, It is okay to add verses that are Japanese exclusive if translated well, but I recall one of our former staff members insisted something along the lines of "No extremely high tiered verses that lack English localization" Then again, said former staff was banned. So I don't know if the demand holds a lot of weight.
oh interesting

Wattpad is not allowed. Only officially published and reasonably popular works with official localisation translations should preferably be used.

If it's high tier, it would not be allowed is the policy i have seen for series in other languages.

I would find basing a series off of just entirely raws to be very iffy imo.
Wattpad is not allowed. Only officially published and reasonably popular works with official localisation translations should preferably be used.
Hello i have question. Let say those Japanese WN got adapted to LN or Anime/Manga etc by official company or publisher and Notability actually came from Manga or LN (for example) not WN . Would that mean it would preferably better to make profile based on Manga/LN rather than WN ?

Why some WN profiles exist despite notability came from other adaption of those WN ?

It's a bit like Wattpad in Japan.
I would say yes based on characteristic and the description of that website

Hello i have question. Let say those Japanese WN got adapted to LN or Anime/Manga etc by official company or publisher and Notability actually came from Manga or LN (for example) not WN . Would that mean it would preferably better to make profile based on Manga/LN rather than WN ?

Why some WN profiles exist despite notability came from other adaption of those WN ?
Yes, the officially published and translated product would probably be better to use as far as I am aware.

Yes, the officially published and translated product would probably be better to use as far as I am aware.
Isn't it weird to have web profiles of stories which got official then?

Like, there's Wattpad stories who got official license adaptation. But people would say you only should make profiles for official license version even if the original is different.

Why is it not the same with japanese stories?

I am tired and not sure what you are asking here. Sorry.

We do not allow English Wattpad stories either.

I am tired and not sure what you are asking here. Sorry.

We do not allow English Wattpad stories either.
I'm saying there's series like Light as a Feather which originally were wattpad stories before being official published TV show.
Only the TV show would be allowed to have profiles, and not the original wattpad story (even if it has differences).

So why is it different for japanese? They have both the original web and light novel here. It's not logic

I'm saying there's series like Light as a Feather which originally were wattpad stories before being official published TV show.
Only the TV show would be allowed to have profiles, and not the original wattpad story (even if it has differences).
That seems reasonable, yes.
So why is it different for japanese? They have both the original web and light novel here. It's not logic
That is likely a good point, but I am extremely overworked and stressed out, so I am not in a good condition to pick a fight with all web novel fans in this community right now.

You can mention this issue in a single post here if you wish though:

Back