• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dmitri vs Renshio (Canon Story)

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Less of a "who wins" and more of a "why they won, and what do you think" this time. Also, if you think it should have ended differently, please tell me why in the comments!

Note: This is Dmitri's first form, not any of the future revisions.

So, let Hop tell you all about these two:

Renshio's beliefs lead him to believe that Dmitri, of all the transhuman cyborgs in the world, is the epitome, the summit, the climax of evil in the world. Being one of spirit, mind and body, he is not just offended by the choice and extent of said choice that Dmitri underwent, no, no... he is filled with hatred and spite. Renshio wants him dead. Renshio, given an opportunity by a shadow coporation, accepts a set of mystical armor, and a magic sword to assist him in his quest to rid the world of what he see's as a multilation of the human form.

And newly restored SWAT team leader Dmitri walks out one evening, off duty, to handle calls about a man causing trouble in his hometown. Off to investigate he foolishly leaves his weapons at home, and skips out on dinner with his family. Upon reaching the scene of the crime, a local park, all seems quiet and strange. No signs of struggle, no damage, no evidence of anything remotely out of the blue. Well, except for the fact he's in a place he should have no reason to come to. He only overheard dispatch complaining of troublemakers at the park.

WIth his upgraded body, he logically assumes to investigate, looking around and listening carefully, rather than turn away. His intuition misguides him. Dmitri circles a slide and swingset, finding heavy sunken footprints in the ground, crossing and overlapping many times, giving hint of a lone person walking around. He figures its some doped up youths. However, returning to the front of the park, he hears heavy breathing, and loud, booming footsteps, that sound metallic as his own.

Dmitri turns to see a man in armor, with a sword drawn, and in a fighitng stance. Almost humored, he politely asks "What in the world do you think you are doing dressed up like a Midieval Times employee?" No time passed in between this man's response, as if he know what he was going to say.

"Your deathbringer." He said. Then he began approaching him.

Instinctively, Dmitri knew this guy must be serious, while taking another swift glance at his gear. He is no joker. This man is ready to kill someone.

They instantly enter a clash and fury of punches and blocks, with the sword being used for defense instead of offense. Dmtiri thought nothing of this. Renshio, the man in the armor, knew exactly what he was doing. He's feeling him out, learning his style. Anticipating an inevitable slip up.

And he does. A ***** in his chassis, Renshio furiously thrusts an electrical blur into Dmitri's side. Piercing the sheild that normally overs atoms above his chassis, he feels the full force of the attack. Knocked over in a pain he had not felt since his accident, he shrivels to the floor, reaching for a weapon he left on his bedroom nightstand. Unarmed, he figures he has to rely on his body.

Before he got the reaction time to leap up, two hands grabbed him by the groin and neck, crushing his only soft spots as hard as they can, and then... floating... in the air, in intense pain... then..

THUD

He hit the pavement like a car smashes into a wall. Thankfully he recovered and was on his feet withing a moment, ready to defend from the attacker, who now is dashing at a speed that could contest for the world record. Bracing for impact, Rensio instead of striking, instantly rolls over and gets on the inside of his arms, and begins to stab again. Dmitri swats his arm, grabs him by the wrists, and lifts Renshio above his head before he has a moment to react, and returns the favor by tossing him into the rock wall on the opposite side of the park.

Hardly believing he's unharmed, Renshio sits back up and waits to see his opponents next move. However, they stand still. Facing eachother, not moving, just panting and trying to ignore any pain or other mental processes. The calm of the stillness provides Renshio an idea. Using the newly discovered powers of his sword his vanishes into thin air. Or so it seemed to Dmitri. Without proper time to make his augmented eye adjust to night vision, he realizes his survival was alay within obtaining a weapon, or finding a weakpoint.

Renshio simply used the darkness magic of the sword to hide in the dusk, and silently flank his enemy. Dmitri looked frantically for a place of light, and refuge. The public park restroom might suffice, he thinks. Sprinting to it, he drop kicks the cheap particle board wall down and rolls inside the lit room. Renshio, now feeling outsmarted, tries a new tactic. Sound. Aware of his sensitive hearing augment, Renshio boosts the ambeint noise in the area to a level of unbearable volume with the magic property of the sword.

He makes Dmitri quickly forced his hearing down to save himself from the cheap shot. Then in a blink, a bolt of lightning from the hole in the wall shoots at him. The electricity runs through and burns the inside of Dmitri's body as if no other pain could rival this one. Crippled and in shock, Dmitri finds himself unable to stop this mystic and powerful enemy.

Renshio slowly walks into the room, watching his enemy suffer. A smile concealed under the armor almost glows through to the outside world. But instead of joy, he is content with the extent of power his hatred has given him. Taking the sword, he tries to carve a flamed scar into Dmitri's back. Dragging it along his still flickering body, Renshio attempts to brand his last and most powerful opponent.

Slightly ashamed of his reliance on his weapon and armor, he discards them besides the wall. Looking down at the now calm but nearly helpless cyborg, he whispers somthing in his native tongue. Before Dmtri could translate and process what he said, he was dragged to his feet and slammed into a stall.

Motionless, he just stared at Renshio. An aging asain man with long black hair and a face of scars and tattoos. This face was not a pleasant sight. He approached, stretching and cracking his knuckles. Now he could allow his cyborgs mind to process his words from a second ago.

"I don't want you dead. I want your kind to cease to exist." Renshio then toyed with and broke every non-metal piece of his body, while sirens came closer and grew louder. Every punch, every kick, snap, grab, pull and slam made Dmitri want to cry. Cry like a child in his mother's lap, when he felt afraid of the thunderstorms. To beg her to keep him safe. To stay alive.

But they didn't stop for nearly 2 minutes. He endured somehow, as Renshio simply lacked the phyiscal power to tear his armor clean from his body and rip his heart out. Renshio panted and went ot his armor, slid it back on, holstered his sword, and walked out without a word or glance.

Mere seconds later a group of EMTs and officers lifted him and tried to care for his wounds. Cuts on his face, displaced windpipe, the fingers of his chassis, dents and bruises all over his body. He fainted before he saw the inside of an ambulance.

_____ The Result_____

After one week of intense care, his body and the doctors reapaired his body. However, in coma-like state, Dimtri's mind was not at all healed. Unconscious, he still suffered the torment of Renshio. Nightmares, phantom pains, a loud voice. These plagued him until he awoke nearly a month later, when he was told that he would be going under further enchancements to prevent an incident like this again, Déja vu struck him, but he had no reason to disagree. The scarred engraving on his chassis however, was impossible to remove all but physically...

Renshio felt proud. He was complete. His beliefs, his martial arts, his spirit all felt complete and well stitched together. As if they has been apart, and recently conjoined in his body. A soothing, relaxing heartbeat shook his body, However, hee could not shake that his job was not done. That his victory was not earned just yet. But he was sure of it. He must have killed the cyborg that represented the manifestation of all impurity in the world. For some reason, in his serenity, his finger twitched. And the sword that sat on his lap, briefly, and just briefly, shook with him.

After examining their profiles for a while, I really don't know how Renshio won tbh. I think Dmitri should've won with his abilities and stronger AP in general. My only guess is Renshio was really damn determined to kill Dmitri?

Nice storytelling for your chars btw.

Dat cliffhanger tho.

While that's true Xan, Renshio's armor is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dmitri's AP. Also Renshio is a master martial artist, Dmitri is a SWAT team leader. Renshio could bypass Dmitri's durability with his sword. They are not far apart.

Consider Renshio is fully Peak Human. He's like a 10. Dmitri is an 11 or 12, he's almost certainly superhuman, with his max potential, but I say that extra point I gave it was due to his lifting strength, which doesn't scale to his striking strength.

His body was built for lifting and speed, not exactly fighting, alsthough compared to other augmented characters, he's objectively superior. And the fact he can rotate body parts or swap them entirely, he can recover quite fast. And Dmitri didn't gain regen powers until after this fight.

I see... I thought this was Renshio vs Dmitri at his final upgrade.

But now that I see the point, I think I'm changing to Renshio winning.

My reasoning? You just explained it bruh. heh

Yeh, I don't know if you saw it up above, but I did say it's the first iteration of the character, and the cliff hanger should have further indicated that it wasn't his final form.

Back