• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Divinity: Pocket Dimension Creation Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
SPOILERS for Divinity: Original Sin 2

In the final fight of the game, the primary antagonist creates a pocket realm for the battle to take place in. The full feat can be found here. I believe that there are stars in the background of this fight, which would indicate this pocket dimension should be many light years in side, giving a solid 4-A feat.

Looking in the background, past any of the wierd Void-based interference, you can see the stars rotating in the distance around the battlefield. In the very top right part of the gif I linked.

I am just making sure this would qualify as a 4-A feat before adding it.

For some reason, I cannot see the Gyazo image when I click on it.

Never mind. I see it now, but it isn't exactly a traditional starry sky, so I am uncertain.

I'm not all that experienced with pocket dimension feats, but it does seem to look like there's a massive number of stars off in the distance once all of the stone(?) falls away from the screen. The special effects kind of obscure things, and the GIF itself is really small even on my computer screen, but the description in the OP seems accurate regardless.

Assuming I'm not missing anything important, this seems fine to me.

The Gyazo gif is focused on the single location the stars look most normal. The video link goes to YouTube and then you can view the full feat. And yes, it is stone. Braccus Rex teleports the entire battlefield into a pocket realm where the final battle takes place in.

If it makes any difference this is a verse in which characters wield magic that controls the very fabric of existence and are stated to be at least planetary multiple times.

Well, in lack of other input, I suppose that this should hopefully be fine then.

I messaged Weekly about it. I don't like pressing out a potentially dubious feat unless I absolutely have to.

I do appreciate the all-clear though, Ant. I may have to push it out if it doesn't get off the ground.

Also, this is a spoiler (it reveals who the final villain is), so what is the source code for a proper spoiler warning?

I do not know the code for hiding text. Sorry.

I just meant the proper Spoiler tag for the top of the heading. Didn't Thor have one after Ragnarok came out? I can probably find it there.

Edit: Nevermind, Surtur is the one that has it.

To be fair, the monster that emerges from this "starry background" seems to be... partially engulfed by it, and hence, you can see that it is way too close to the floating stones to be a real starry space, and you can even see that the lower part of its body is behind some of the white dots in the background, as opposed to the white dots being behind it, implying that they aren't real stars

but i am still uncertain, i am going to stay neutral for now and wait for new opinions

Well the Void influence isn't what I was looking at. Behind that it looks like it is true stars, as they are away from the Void-based scenery. It will take me like a week to get that far in the quest, but if I get there and this is still unresolved I'll try and go as close to the edge as possible.

Well. It does look like a nebula or a cluster of nebula engulf the space around the player. Their seems to be some kind of liquid substance, but as far as I can tell, it's layered above the stars so it might not be apart of the stars (hence why the monster was engulfed by it). I'm fine with this feat being considered 4-A.

Okay, the 4-A edits seems to be accepted then.

Looking at it again, the white dots in front of the monster seem to be due to... some vapour-ish thing coming from the liquid substance, so the 4-A rating should be fine

I have applied "At least 4-A" to The God King, as he is unquantifiably above Braccus Rex, and will use "4-A" for Braccus Rex and all characters on his level in the future. I believe this can be closed if no other qualms are to be had with this.

Okay. I will close this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back