• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance Reiokyu and Seireitei (YES, IS) Please read the OP

I am doing this because I have fallen in limbo and my arguments have been ignored.

Introductio
In this segment, I'll go through the arguments they used to say that the calculatio was invalid and, consequently, I'm going to make a counter-argument.

Arguments
The first argument against was the stacking calculation.

You're getting Ichigo's speed from one scene, your scene falling and applying it to another scene, the scene of your screen traveling to Seiretei.

Seeing this, it looks like we took an isolated feat from Ichigo and we calculation it out, and then we applied it the moment Ichigo went, but that's not happening here.

Not there are 2 actions here, Ichigo crossed the distance between the top of Shokonmanku to the ground while he was traveling, it is not as if he had stopped and then crossed the distance, he simply crosses while traveling.

• Ichigo was traveling from Reiokyu to Seireitei
  • Ichigo crosses the distance between the top of Shokonmanku to the ground while traveling
As I've shown, this is not a different feat, it's the same, so it's not the stacking calculation.

The second argument against was:

Is there any particular reason why calcs assume Ichigo has moved at a constant acceleration for 9 hours?

Yes, there is a reason for Ichigo to maintain this constant acceleration for 9 hours.

In a conversation with Kirinji, Ichigo says that if he hurry like hell , he would arrive at noon (12 o'clock). However, Ichigo exceeded his expectations, since he crossed in 9 hours and 15 minutes.

We also have Ichigo saying it "I better hurry." He had just spoken to Urahara, who contacted him about how Seireitei was.

But we do not know if he would have enough strength to maintain that speed for 9 hours and 15 minutes. He may have rested and accelerated in the end.

An inferior Ichigo to this already made of resistance far superior to this, as for example:

• He could run for five days on a treadmill that drained his spiritual energy.
  • Was able to fight for 3 consecutive months against an opponent superior to him.
In that rest is totally meaningless, Ichigo was in a hurry and he even quotes that he would go too fast to get there as hurry as possible, so much so that he exceeded his expectation as I quoted above.

I don't see why that would indicate constant acceleration, though.

Given air resistance, stamina, maximum velocity etc. it is not like he necessarily was keeping at a constant acceleration or constant speed.

Ichigo's armor protected him against this, basically that depends only on him.

Sumary
We know that Ichigo:

1. Does not tire after 3 months of fighting

2. Explicitly is hurrying as quickly as possible, and during at least one point in his flight accelerates constantly (Urahara convo)

3. Has armor that prevents friction

4. Completes the flight in 9 hours 15 mins

5. Travels the entire distance in one, uninterrupted feat

Constant acceleration doesn't make a lot of sense as an assumption. What if he hit his max speed while travelling?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
What's his max speed?
I'm unsure. But it seems weird to think that over 9 hours of constant acceleration he couldn't reach his top speed.

If his end speed was Relativistic for example, that'd mean Ichigo would require 9 hours of acceleration to reach such speeds.

But he has no way of knowing the real speed with which Ichigo was traveling.
However, this is an approximation, since it could be much faster than that, but the only quantifiable feat of his journey gave 'X'.

Tbh I don't understand the currently accepted calc.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RavenSupreme/Revising_Bleach_Speeds_–_Request

> Free fall

Isn't free falling where you just throw yourself and let gravity do the work? How can this be applicable here if Ichigo is the one propelling himself forward and increasing his speed half way through. He was going down so fast he propelled himself through a clock tower.

> Traveling down stars

There isn't a set of stairs traveling down the entire distance.

> " Going by the panel in question, Ichigo using Shunpo would not run around the stairs in circles, but hop from edge to ― on a subjacent level ― edge."

You don't take a set of stairs up or down to get to either location, they legit use a rocket.

@USklaverei can you tell me or if possible, calc the destruction that Yamamoto's Shikai would have caused in Karakura Town had he not have been able to contain the explosion ?

I'm not a calc member or anything but this looks good. I read the last thread and this doesn't strike me as calc stacking as others have claimed since its one feat.

The current accepted calculation is a huge low ball, which basically lowers the franchise level by far.

This was a bad idea in my opinion, you should have just posted in the prior thread ( it's not even concluded). This will just lead to being annoyed and not even acknowledging your argument.

I did this because of that in the previous topic, my arguments were ignored and this was left out, so I thought I'd better make another OP for this.

I sent a message to some member of the calculation, but most did not respond and the one who answered said he did not want to get involved in that.

I think I recall the last time I messaged there there were numerous attempts to close it. I can't find the thread though so can't be sure

Back