• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disney Zeus stats concern

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
As the title says.

For a long while, i've had thoughts and concern regarding Disney Zeu's stats. Currently we have him at 4-A for being able to move the stars and paint an image of his son Hercules. But this had me making doubts about it cause unless there was a huge a** amount of stars, i really don't see him as being anywhere than 4-B unless i'm corrected about it. Then again, there is this calc that has Zeus feat from painting Sora Donald and Goofy from Kingdom Hearts that puts him from the low end of Large Planet (if he had moved the worlds) to the high end of Large Star (if he moved the stars themselves), which leaves me to this one right here:

Zeus actual physical stats. What i mean by this is that Zeus curent stats seem tocontradict what was shown in the hercules movie. For example, Zeus needed to use lightning bolts to take down the four titans that invaded his home Olympus. Which is really dumb cause if Zeus himself was really Multi SS level, he would have never bothered to use his lightning bolts and would have wrekt the titans instantly. That and he was easily subdued by two of the titans and he couldn't get out of it through brute strength. Though to be fair, he was kind of already caught up in one of the titans grasp.

Oh and what about the calc i linked here above? When the calc was originally made by Vivi Ornitier of Nartuoforums, he had personally chose the high end since when the worlds were re-established back to normal from the events of KH1 and/or 2, he said that it was sort of dumb for the worlds to be joined by Zeus once to make a painting of some heroes, hence why the high-end would make more sense than the low end (in case anyone asks, Worlds in Kingdom Hearts are actually refered to as Planets. If you have questions about that, please go ask our local KH expert, The Everlasting. He'll explain everything about it if you don't happen to read the blog i linked above).

There was also the case where everytime there is a KH thread that happens to mention Zeus feat here, Antvasima had to point out to me and/or others involved that Zeus feat may have been a glass cannon case (i.e Zeus painting feat may not actually scale to his physical stats).

Basically, Zeus needs to really get some stuff cleared up about his stats cause it does not accurately show what happened in the movie. That and as what Ant has said, the feat could attribute to his power over the sky, but may very well not scale to him physically.

Any thoughts? Comments?

First post. Yey.

I don't remember Zeus having a showing of durability so I don't think we can comment on him being a glass cannon. He however doesn't seem to have much strength as he was obviously incapped by getting trapped in what looks like a not-so-think chunk of rock (made from cooled lava).

He however has really good AP when he bothers , I dunno though, he probably has prerequisites required for this, else, he wouldn't bother with his trademark lightning bolts if he can move celestial bodies casually. He could've just dropped a meteor on them or something, or throw them up to space with his power.

He probably has lower AP if without those prereqs , though this is all just my understanding of it.

Could be PIS in regards to the Titans and if so, makes the high end of the calc more "iffy".

His durability should be unknown.

isnt this one of these cases of AP vs DC? as well as him being able to manipulate whats already there, hes forced to work with its at hand, i mean that counts more as Multi SS DC but of course hes not going to throw that at the earth, and well, if i think about the begining of the movie he doesnt seem like the brightest there is (and funnily that sorta goes to the mithology seuz too lol) so there goes the "why doesnt he throw them a meteorite" (without mentioning that fact that he titans were colossal and missing that attack could actually hinder his efforts).

Maybe we should keep his Disney movie and Kingdom Hearts statistics in separate key columns? His regular physical statistics can be scaled from Hercules and the titans, and the Kingdom Hearts destructive capacity from Classic Game Guys' calculation, while noting that his physical statistics are likely much lower.

Antvasima said:
His regular physical statistics can be scaled from Hercules and the titans
I don't think he can be scaled to Herc's physical stats since he hasn't shown anything close to it. He was trapped in rock, not so much thicker than his own body sidewards, and he can't get out, though there is the lack of leverage as the factor I guess.

Okay. Maybe we should place his statistics as "Unknown" then?

Durability is an unknown for sure. I dunno about the others, but for now maybe? At least I think so.

What do you think about his AP? His reliance on bolts that looks to me to be around building level+/-, despite being able to control celestial bodies. He could've atleast throw the titans off his mountain or something with that level of power.

I don't know. I don't remember the movie well.

@Antvasima: It's more of when i remember what you kept saying about Zeus's powers not being scaled to his physical stats than anything else.

For durability, he definitely gets an unknown for that. It's his striking strength that i was prefering to. That could be scalable to what Full God Hercules could.

Also, the strong thing i got was that on the Disney Wiki, it said that Hercules at his full power (i.e meaning also when he became a full god) was only rivaled or surpassed by his father Zeus and Genie from Alladin, which to me sounds iffy going by what Gemmyseur pointed out to me and that Genie isn't known for his physical might (at least not a lot of it if that was shown) since i see him as being more known for his genie powers than anything really...

Well, Genie can grow extremely large. Also, do they have a source for that claim, or is it just the opinion of a random editor?

As for Zeus and Hercules, maybe we can place an "Unknown" for both of their durabilities, as according to the movie the Olympians were all immortal and invulnerable even to each other?

And as for movie Zeus, maybe we can place him at "Likely at least Small City level" physically, by scaling from Hercules? While also placing him at "At least Large Star level with his other powers in Kingdom Hearts"?

Antvasima said:
Well, Genie can grow extremely large. Also, do they have a source for that claim, or is it just the opinion of a random editor?
As for Zeus and Hercules, maybe we can place an "Unknown" for both of their durabilities, as according to the movie the Olympians were all immortal and invulnerable even to each other?

And as for movie Zeus, maybe we can place him at "Likely at least Small City level" physically, by scaling from Hercules?
Probably just some random editor given that it's not known weather it's really official that he and Zeus are indeed stronger than Full God Hercs. This, however, you can fully ignore...

Very well.

That's what i was going for once this concludes, yes.

Okay then.

Btw: I updated my above post a bit while you were writing.

Well you did said in the past a couple times that we shouldn't mix his KH calc feat with his main movie self? Then again, it's the only known calc we have of Disney Zeus so we might as well do with that i guess.

Sorry, I meant that we could keep the KH feat as a separate "Key" column in the page.

Disney's Hercules really doesn't follow real astronomy at all. I remember from the TV series that their Sun is about the size of a truck ("Hercules and the Apollo Mission") and stars are just dots that can actually be on the Earth (Hercules meets the constellation Orion in "Hercules and the Falling Stars")

Back