• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Level Move Type Cat. Pwr. Acc. PP 1 Sand Attack Ground Status — 100% 15

1 Metal Claw Steel Physical 50 95% 35

4 Growl Normal Status — 100% 40

7 Astonish Ghost Physical 30 100% 15

10 Mud-Slap Ground Special 20 100% 10

14 Magnitude Ground Physical — 100% 30

18 Bulldoze Ground Physical 60 100% 20

22 Sucker Punch Dark Physical 70 100% 5

25 Mud Bomb Ground Special 65 85% 10

28 Earth Power Ground Special 90 100% 10

31 Dig Ground Physical 80 100% 10

35 Iron Head Steel Physical 80 100% 15

39 Earthquake Ground Physical 100 100% 10

43 Fissure Ground Physical — —%

Either im blind, or he doesent

True, but still, i very much doubt that it would be as effective in a long range fight that gaara can do, and gaara would go all out here too

Okay, well, this is a thing. Anyway, there are a few reasons why I think Gaara could beat a Diglett. Most of Diglett's attacks will not be able to get past Gaara's Sand Shield, and his terrarian attacks like Fissure or Earthquake, even though it does have a wide AoE, Gaara will probably avoid that too by leaping into the air or something, as a ninja do. Not even Sucker Punch will be able to do much, because even if it does get past Gaara's precognitive Sand Shield, it would take a lot more than that to get past his Sand Armor. And while Diglett does have access to other status moves like Toxic or Swagger, I don't see Toxic getting past the sand, and the sand does a lot of the attacking automatically, not Gaara, so using Swagger would only hinder Diglett in the long run by boosting Gaara's offensive power.

And then there's Diglett's size to consider. He is one of the smallest Pokémon in existence, and it really would not be too hard for Gaara to catch Diglett and crush him in a Sand Burial. The only advantage I can really see Diglett having is the fact that he can hide underground, but with Gaara's Third Eye in effect, I really doubt Diglett could hide very long. In a battle between these two Sand Manipulators, Diglett is just plain outmatched here.

Winner: Gaara

Rock Tomb and Ancientpower

Endure if Gaara catches him in Sand Burial folowed by a full power Reversal

Neither 9f thoese have the range that gaara does, Endure has a limit in use, and again, revelsal is a phisical attack

And thats assuming diglet automaticly chooses the right thing to do

WeeklyBattles said:
Rock Tomb and Ancientpower
Gaara has been shown to grind up rocks and nearby earth to create more sand. Diglett would just be adding more fire to the flames.

Back