• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Difference between Low 2-C and 2-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically it isn't defined, either you can destroy a universe sized space-time continuum or you can can destroy 2. Multipliers won't get you from one to the other.

This question gets brought up a lot, i really think we should have a note for it somewhere.

Yeah I always thought that if one character is twice as strong as another character who is Low 2-C, then he/she will automatically be 2-C because of the multiplier. But I recently heard that there is some sort of 5D boundary or whatever between universes and that just confused the hell outta me.

Could a Low 2-C potentially be STRONGER than a 2-C, just unable to create/destroy another universe?

@SkytheBlue Nope, we have characters who are Low 2-C via a heartbeat or breathing on here, it's not a matter of a multiplier but, being able to cross 5-D space since to affect another space-time continuum that is what's needed, you don't have to be 5-D, just have to have the ability to cross 5-D space, that's how i understand it at least.

@Aeyu No a 2-C character will always be stronger than a Low 2-C cause being 2-C means you can destroy multiple space-time continuums which will always require more energy than destroying one, no matter how much stronger you are than being able to destroy that one, unless you have been shown to be able to destroy 2, which requires more power, you will never be 2-C.

Ah ok thanks.

Also wondering, can a character be 2-A by destroying the entire space time of a universe that is infinite in size? Or is that still Low 2-C? I have no clue what that would be rated.

@Sky Same issue, although infinite, it's still a single space-time continuum, so will just make you an incredibly powerful Low 2-C, but not 2-C.

So one Low 2-C character can be infinitely stronger than another Low 2-C character? But still weaker than any 2-C character? So I guess the difference between 2-C and Low 2-C is infinite after all.

I feel like if a character could defeat a 2-A or 2-B or 2-C who could only make/destroy one universe, that they would be that tier by merit of being equivalent to characters with that rating. That being said, I find it to all be a tiny bit inconsistent, because if you were INFINITELY stronger than a Low 2-C, wouldn't you technically be a 2-A by merit of what a 2-A is (infinite 4-D power?) I feel like a couple of tiers should have that clarified (like, just a note) so these kinds of misunderstandings don't keep happening. I have a thread open about a similar thing as we speak.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Basically it isn't defined, either you can destroy a universe sized space-time continuum or you can can destroy 2. Multipliers won't get you from one to the other.

This question gets brought up a lot, i really think we should have a note for it somewhere.
I am fine with if we insert an explanation for this into the Tiering System page.

i think a low 2-C is infinitly 4-D AND would count as a "1" in 5-dimensional scale while 2-C would be anywhere from "2" to "1,000" on a 5-dimensional scale.

Basically, as I think that the tiering system page explains, no matter how many 4-D universes you stack on top of each other along a 5-D axis, they will still amount to 0 in 5-D volume, as long as there is either a finite or countably infinite amount of them.

Of course.

Stacking 2-D objects on a 3-D axis won't make them 3-D. But to destroy all of those 2-D objects in one blast, said blast needs to be 3-D. Pretty sure the same would apply for universes. As even the most basic of gaps between two universes is 5-D, this would mean that attacks in a "blast" manner would be High 2-A if they affect two universes (As opposed to attacks which specifically only target specific universes).

Which we can't allow obviously.

My point being: We can't use String Theory to assume such a large gap between Low 2-C and 2-C for the same reasons we need proofs of a Multiverse following String Theory for it to be High 1-C. We can't apply such things to verses that clearly doesn't follow physics properly regarding its multiverse (Such as Dragon Ball Super).

If a blast travels past a 5-D barrier, wouldn't that force the attack to be 5-D in some degree? If we define 2-A as infinite 4-D power, that wouldn't be enough to get past this 5-D space, and would make anyone that destroys more than 1 universe instantly High 2-A, which obviously isn't how we rate these characters.

This does seem like an issue that probably doesn't need to be swept away without proper discussion and understanding of what defines Low 2-C and 2-C.

Well, being able to cross the boundaries between universes requires moving a 4-D destructive blast along an infinitely narrow 5-D axis, similar to creating portals between the universes, but we cannot count it as having actual 5-D volume. It would require an uncountably infinite number of 4-D universes stacked on top of each other to get a 5-D volume.

However, I would much prefer if we leave this discussion, as it risks to undermine our tiering system.

In addition, I am too tired to deal with it. As far as I remember, the distinction between 2-A and High 2-A was developed via consultation with DontTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back