• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dichotomy ~ Red & White: Reimu Hakurei vs Higanbana

Is it ok to have versus matches with characters that have Unknown statistics?

Edit: **** that music jumpscared me :V

Isn't that a bit of a stomp? Higan has Low-Godlt and immortality that relies on an entire concept, plus Conceptual Manipulation.

Well considering Reimu experience with other Yokai that also have low-godly regen, it shouldn't be too much of an issue since she's know for one shotting yokai with ease. The only thing that could give her trouble aside from that his her mystery/conceptual existence.

ALRF said:
Is it ok to have versus matches with characters that have Unknown statistics?

This is probably acceptable if unknown statistics for a character who relies on hax.

Although it is also possible for a character with unknown statistics to be not just hax, but also quite strong ...

2017-12-24 025430

Hmm...Higabana doesnt have a determined tier herself but it's quite safe to assume that her Regenerationn from her concept, herself would give the upper hand. And "acasuality".

I'll admit I don't know much about Higanbana as much as I do Reimu so while I'll admit that Reimu wouldn't be able to perminatly take out her I don't see Reimu looseing, at least too easy.

Due to my lack of knowledge on her I can't take some of her Powers/ abilites face value while those that I can understand doesn't really seem to be a problem to Reimu.

Out right I see this as a stalement, Higabana seemed to be heavily 'centered' on her flowers which would easily let her survive many of Reimu's attacks while I really can't see any of Higa's being a problem to Reimu, she had delt with worse.

If I could get more information on Higa the I might change my vote but for now I'll keep this a stalmate, possibly Reimu via KO/ Sealing.

Here's a breakdown of Higanbana's most useful hax:

Causality + Acausality - The Headmaster is able to erase a persons existence from reality when eating their soul: their name, any photos taken of them, any memory of them, a favorite item of theirs, ect. Yokai are not effected by this change in reality and remember the events of the humans that leads them up to their death.

Illusion Creation + Mind Manipulation + Dream Manipualtio - Higanbana is able to crawl inside the mind of someone and show them a distorted memory of a past event that can can drive them to insanity. Can bring out negative emotions and drive her victims into despair and comit suicide. Can create an trance that shows a bed of red spider lilys and invite those to partake in the bed and steal their soul.

Immortality + Regenerationn - Her existence is based on the mystery she embodies within the schools "Seven Mysteries," how there are an infinite amount of parallel world that contain other versions of her in it, and how yokai are the shadows of humanity. Without humans, they cannot exist.

Spatial + Pocket Realm Reality Manipulation - She can distort the spacial structure around her just from a result from summoning a soul back from the afterlife. As one of the schools seven mysteries, the Infirmary is her realm and controls whatever happens in it.

Soul Manipulation - Can eat and destroy souls. Can bring back souls from the dead and let loose there regrets and frustration when they were alive.

Conceptual Manipulation - She represents the mystery of the doll that dances in the infirmary at night. She's able to take on and are superior to most yokai that represent their own mystery within the school.

Causality + Acausality: so she's very difficult to compleltly get rid of.

Illusion Creation + Mind Manipulation + Dream Manipualtion: maybe for normal people but Reimu is far from normal so it debatable if it would effect her.

Immortality + Regenerationn: so what heppens if they are in a world that doesn't have a version of her? After all Gensokyo doesn't have a yokai like her as far as I know. beyond that nothing Reimu hasn't delt with, she HAS killed a yokai(gensokyo) before.

Spatial + Pocket Realm Reality Manipulation: Well their not in the school as a the battle field right? so it's not like she would effect any location.

Soul Manipulation: Well Reimu is a Miko so vengeous souls should be a problem for her

Conceptual Manipulation: I'll be honest I don't see how those two correlate.

^

Conceptual Manipulation : They are the conceptual embodiment of the mystery, thus they can change their truth.

Spatial, pocket ream reality manipulation : Irrelevant of "placement"

Immortality + Regenerationn: It's the same as being unaware of that "she exists", her concept manipulation covers that. And only the OP can regulate the matchup. Her concept extends to a infinite amount of timelines, thus it isnt relevant.

Well at least I have a better understanding of her, even if I don't feel satisfied, oh well thanks for the information.

With all I got I can see that this Yokai will be Reimu's most difficult exorcism thus far and I can see that she will fail if she goes with the intent to fully eliminate her. Despit that I don't see her losing to Higam although if Higa was in an enviroment that sutied her the best then yes, but mostly through Reimu retrieting rather then 'dying', I highly doubt she would fight to the death(if she's in character), too much responsibility to give up.

Personaly most of what I am hearing is more of an 'ability' that keeps HIga alive and befiting one that 'born from human's fear' and those that do damage shouldn't be a problem to Reimu.

I'm keeping my vote to stalemate, Reimu may not be able to exosice Higa but Reimu is too skilled to have trouble with Higa's damageing abilities.

Higanbana is not just limited to the school as her spatial distortion took place in a rugged back ally and inside a regular household. The school is more home terf and it takes more energy for a school yokai to wonder about outside of the school.

Voted Counted anyway.

Vote for inconclusive also. Reimu isn't at that high of the tier yet where she could just delete someone's concept.

ProspectX said:
Her concept extends to a infinite amount of timelines
I doubt it. Most likely her concept extends only to a school and its surroundings.

DarkLK said:
I doubt it. Most likely her concept extends only to a school and its surroundings.
>She is superior to a youkai whose concept is accociated with numerous multidimensional worlds.

The "placement" itself shouldn't be relevant, since her concept is a mystery that can extend to a infinite amount of variations.

Only Kyou has a concept associated with countless worlds. And yes, Higanbana is stronger than him, but she is a local being from a single world. Although Higanbana also has her own realm of the eternal full moon.

So being stronger doesnt indicate that you automatically encompass a greater amount of variations of worlds than the opponent?

How is she "stronger"?

Volume of a concept is not equivalent to a power. Higanbana has a higher rank and larger amount of yoryoku, than Kyou. For example, Beatrice is stronger than any yokayai, although her concept is common at a very local level.

Oh, okay. So in which case Higanbana would easly defeat reimu? Doesnt seem that Reimu's probability interaction and alteration would give her the win since higanbana's soul manipulation is clearly more potent and powerful.

Hard to tell. Hegbanana is a character that can be tier 8 or tier 1, depending on the interpretation and scaling.

I'm just asking if her soul manipulation would potentially assert a victory in this case, since you said the "volume" of a concept isnt equal to this power.

I know it's dependent on the power scaling, but her superior rank by having a larger amount of yorkyo than Kyou should be a decisive factor in this match-up.

Well, she can partially or completely absorb souls, distort karma, make souls eternally dance within her own realm, which is part of herself. Karma is a spiritual causality that goes beyond normal physical causality, because souls are acausal and belong to the multidimensional realm.

She is stronger than Marie who can match Seven Sisters of Purgatory and they can parry Erika's scythe (although there may be specific reasons). Also she can beat Battler via the red truth.

So Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni series is officially accocitated in the When they cry verse?

This makes this matchup entirely different with this explanation of her potential extent, there is no way that reimu has a chance like this.

What would you vote on? I say Higanbana.

Well, there was a crossover where Bernkastel mixed different worlds. At the beginning of this topic, I even posted a screenshot.

Well, there was a crossover where Bernkastel mixed different worlds. At the beginning of this topic, I even posted a screenshot.

Oh? When did this happen?

I think it does because Ange and Virglia made some yaoi doujin in "Angel of 17 years"

Furthermore, this is not the place for such things. We should make a seperate thread if you want further disccussion.

No, one sentence is enough to assert a answer for the question. If DarLK isnt going to apply a answer then i vote for Higanbana through his explanation.

Scarletmoon56 said:
Oh? When did this happen?

07th Theater.

ProspectX said:
Okay, though the question stands if Higanbana series is officially associated in the When they Cry Verse.`
Basically, any stories exist in the form of Kakera (well, basically the same thing as the Omniverse). But yes, in a crossover the world of Higanbana (and also Rose Guns Days) is clearly positioned as one of these Kakera, so the Voyagers can control it via their power.

Back