• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diagon's teir

Well the reason I'm asking is because of some things that I've seen in the show.

First of all... despite the fact that he was severely weakened by having Ascalon going through his heart, he was able to traverse from his home dimension to Ledgerdomain and answer Charmcaster's magical ritual and revive a man in a feat that should be impossible for a 5-A. Spellbinder had been dead for at least a decade, which might explain why the price was so high. You have to take in the fact that the equivalent exchange is a fundamental force of nature. Energy can not be created, just transformed.

This was when his powers were supposed to be at their lowest.

Second of all, when he was finally free, he was capable of changing sizes, manipulating the weather, taking over the minds of everyone in the world... and who knows how much farther. Then, to top things off, he was fighting Way Big, a 5-A being, and not batting an eyelash. To be honest, I find it stupid that he was beaten just by the fact that he got trapped again... all because he's technically a force of nature and not a material being. He is Power!

Third... he claims that his heart is capable of reshaping the universe... something that makes sense considering how Ascalon taps into the power of the universe. The two forces are too alike for Diagon to have a proper resistance to it. (I hope that makes some sense)

Finally... I just really like the guy. He's super dope as hell.

1: Not all series work off an equivalent exchange magic system, and you can't really scale ressurective powers to AP without the verse pretty much explicitly stating it works like that. Some fictional dudes way weaker than High 5-A have better rez feats, but we can't upscale their tier due to that.

2: This seems to be why he has the "at least" on his profile, from what I can tell.

3: well, that is something, though maybe an outlier. I don't actually know Ben 10, I can usually just figure out the more general justifications for things and evaluate whether or not they make sense, but something specific like that idk.

4: man I wish I could use that to get my crts psssed lol

My good man... I wish that was the case as well lol.

In regards to the first reason, I was mostly noting the fact that he was able to traverse dimensions when he was supposedly trapped in his home. Rather interesting... but also very hard to scale I imagine.

There is one thing... and that's the fact that he's able to communicate with beings from another dimension when most of his power is still sealed. Doesn't that mean that his range is far larger than planetary? And then the fact that is able to resurrect someone in another dimension... who's been dead for a decade?

Just pointing out things that I hope to use to scale Diagon to an accurate level.

So what would you say his range is then? Also could someone explain what AP means?

I mean it's kind of impressive when he's not even supposed to be able to do that. I mean it must take a shit load of power to breach into another universe... and Diagon's capable of doing that even when most of his power, which is his heart or essence, is trapped under a sword that can cut through anything and take the user anywhere.

Depends on the context. I don't think it would increase his attack range, but maybe low multiversal with teleport or portals pr or however he does it.

AP is attack potency. Think about it like a damage stat.

Of course, you need to provide proof of these statements. A link to like a video or transcript or something is probably fine, then the Ben 10 dudes can evaluate your third point because I don't know the verse.

A transcript is probably ok. I have no idea how people usually source TV verses though since I don't really watch tv. Gotta sleep, good luck with your CRT

Liger686 said:
"Third... he claims that his heart is capable of reshaping the universe...
He never said that though. He stated that with his heart, Vilgax would be able to rule the universe.
I was pretty certain that was said... maybe I was wrong. But we do know that Diagon already had full control of one universe when he attacked Ben's. So it's not too hard to believe that the heart would allow for full control of it.

True... but what about the fact that he was capable for reaching another dimension when he was still sealed inside his own, his powers severely weakened, and capable of resurrecting a man that had been dead for roughly a decade, albeit at a cost.

Or is this more of a knowledge feat?

True... but what about the fact that he was capable for reaching another dimension when he was still sealed inside his ow

Yeah, that's range. Diagon should have universal range anyway, considering that with his powers Ben was going to wipe out the free will of every being in the universe.

Also.. this is just to add something to Ascalon. Apparently, it can cleave through Reality.

Yes, it's a form of durability negation. It explains why Sir George can harm Diagon, even though Herald Vilgax who is undeniably weaker than Diagon, can fight on par with him.

So we might want to edit the pages to add those in? I know Ascalon doesn't have that on its current page right now. Don't really know about Diagon though.

Isn't there a difference between power nullification and durability nullification?

Do you want me to edit the pages?

I'm currently working on a large revision for the Ben 10 pages. I'll include these in that revision, which will be finished soon.

Yes? Why?

Because Ascalon has Power Nullification, not Durability Nullification. Well I mean it has shown some ability to cut through attacks and you know... when Ben straight up ripped Diagon from Vilgax's body.

I know. Ascalon has power nullification because George reverted Humungousaur into Ben in a flash of light.

Liger686 said:
Ascalon ripping Diagon from Vilgax's body is Absorption.
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Also... since I have your attention for a short while... I recommend a re-evaluation of Way Big's lifting strength.

I know that people have been trying to scale his strength by using the Hyper Space Jump Gate, but I don't think this is the best thing to use. For one thing, their calculations have been done under the assumption that it is pure neutronium that the gate is made of... which it is not.

It is made of Neutronium Carbon Alloy, which might explain why the massive bridge didn't carve straight through the Earth due to its own weight. I think it actually weighs less than what everyone was making it out to weigh... but definitely denser than any other material on the Earth as shown by the fact that energy beams bounced of its exterior without any visible damage.

I just realised how calm this CRT was lol. An actual debate with no name calling or getting angry haha.

Also, can we get this thread closed?

@NostaligiaTrip I will look into Dagon scaling after the Way Big revision, if you want you can help out.

Btw do you perhaps know about a statement regarding Dagon being born before the creation of the universe?

Back