• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DHMIS Red Guy CRT (+ More Stuff)

please don’t be a dumpster fire thread

the good stuff
So, Red Guy’s profile? Kinda sucky NGL. I believe it needs to be revised a bit. Okay, let’s get into the reasons.
  • Red Guy is 10-A. What’s the justification for this? His hobbies are “rock climbing, kite surfing, base jumping, zorbing and whaling.” First of all, he describes his, Yellow Guy, and Duck’s routine as sitting around all day and waiting for something to happen in Death. Secondly, does a guy who works a bland office job and sings a song about creativity to a bunch of strangers in a club while naked really seem like the same type of guy who’s into rock climbing? Don’t think so. Look, what I’m trying to say here is it doesn’t seem like he actually does any of his hobbies, as there doesn’t seem to be a time or a place where he could of done any of the above.
  • His Durability justification isn’t much better. It says that he may survive “the attacks” done by the teachers. The ways the teachers attack the students aren’t in a physical way, if at all. Sketchbook doesn’t harm the trio in any way, Tony makes the trio rot by using his time powers, Red Guy isn’t even involved in Shrignold’s shenanigans, Colin transports the trio to his digital home and traps them there (And even then, Red Guy isn’t affected), and Red Guy is long gone by the time The Healthy Band and Lamp come into the picture. And that’s not even getting into the TV series. Briefcase doesn’t harm Red Guy, Coffin doesn’t either, Lily and Todney don’t really harm him (The Family Tree succs his blood, and even then that’s an endurance feat, not a durability feat), Warren does jackshit to him, Choo Choo bonks him once with his stick (And that’s clearly not that serious), and Electracey… Do I have to say anything at this point? And in case you want to scale him to the others, Duck didn’t survive Episode 5, the only episode where he was harmed in a physical way. So the Durability is BS.
Okay now for the P&A.
  • “Resistance to Transformation/Transmutation (Isn’t mutated by The Sketchbook like Duck and Yellow Guy)”. Sketchbook didn’t transmutate the puppets, it was just their creativity getting out of hand. In the creativity segment (I’ll refer to it as the Creativity Explosion from this point onwards), there are some shots that feature the puppets of the characters that we normally see instead of the suits of the characters shown in that segment. If the trio were transformed by Sketchbook, why are these shots in there? The only thing Sketchbook said before the Creativity Explosion was “Let’s get creative”. There’s absolutely no indication that she had anything to do with that. makes Sketchbook transforming them kind of a stretch. Even if we go with the idea that Sketchbook causes the Creativity Explosion, that still doesn’t work because Red Guy wasn’t given humanlike proportions like Duck and Yellow Guy because he already has humanlike proportions. How would they humanize something that was already human-esque? I mean, he’s clearly losing his shit like the others, so he’s clearly affected.
  • “Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Is less effected by the loud noises of Tony the Talking Clock and doesn’t bleed from the ears)”. Well yeah, of course he’s less affected by Tony’s screeching, he’s covering his DAMN EARS! He could be bleeding from his ears, and we wouldn’t notice A. Because he’s covering his ears, and B. Because he’s… Well, Red Guy. Finally, if I cover my ears when I hear a loud sound, and an other guy doesn’t, and he says his ears hurt, should I get resistance to sound manipulation? I’ll let you be the judge of that one.
Okay, other stuff.
  • My man needs an upgrade. Yeah, I detested the AP justifications, but that was assuming he is 10-A. Based on Yellow Guy ripping a tree in half with his bare hands, he should be frickin’ 9-B (Maybe lower, considering it was an old tree). He also probably has Class 1-5 LS, but that’s beside the point. That means that most of the teachers upscale from that (And before you ask, I requested that feat to be calced).
  • My man literally doesn’t have a standard equipment section, we let this shit slide for 4 ******* years-
  • Red Guy should get a stamina upgrade. As said in this other discussion, he gets a significant amount of blood sucked from him by the Family Tree, yet shortly after is able to continue his day as normal. This is probably Peak Human stamina, as the Family Tree sucked enough blood to make the leaves start growing.
  • EDIT: The trio and the teachers should get separate keys between their Web Series and their TV Show counterparts. I don’t think it’s wise to consider them both in the same canon, considering that the Web Series is controlled by Roy, while the TV Series is controlled by Lesley, and that the returning teachers’ personalities are radically different from their original counterparts (With Lamp being the worst offender).
bownuhs
So, some of the teachers need some profiles. Like, I get some of them not getting a profile like Sketchbook, Shrignold, and Colin. But are we really going to skip out on Tony, The Healthy Band, and Lamp? We should at least have those guys. I made a sandbox for Tony in particular, and I would like some feedback.

Last edited:
And in case you want to scale him to the others, Duck didn’t survive Episode 5, the only episode where he was harmed in a physical way. So the Durability is BS.
Which episode 5?
Aside from my memory being bad at times, it's actually because there's something I DO remember: During the On The Road Song, from Episode 5 - Transport:

1. Duck Guy gets caught on a tree's branch while hanging from the outside of the car door onto the open window. How he next returns to the vehicle isn't elaborated.
2. Later, during that song Yellow Guy falls out of the moving car's window, onto the road, &, IIRC, tumbles a bit. He is later shown running to catch up to the car.
These may be worthwhile feats, but perhaps I'm being overly optimistic.
  • My man needs an upgrade. Yeah, I detested the AP justifications, but that was assuming he is 10-A. Based on Yellow Guy ripping a tree in half with his bare hands, he should be frickin’ 9-B (Maybe lower, considering it was an old tree). He also probably has Class 1-5 LS, but that’s beside the point. That means that most of the teachers upscale from that (And before you ask, I requested that feat to be calced).
The tree Yellow Guy lifts appears to have been cleanly cleaved, as though with a blade, the face inside aside. If Yellow Guy had pulled it into 2 pieces with his bare hands, I think it would be a lot more splintered & fractured at the point of separation.
Him lifting it is definitely valid, I think, but I don't think he was the one who broke/cut the tree apart.

So far, besides what I've said prior here in this post, I agree with your Opening Post.

EDIT: The trio and the teachers should get separate keys between their Web Series and their TV Show counterparts. I don’t think it’s wise to consider them both in the same canon, considering that the Web Series is controlled by Roy, while the TV Series is controlled by Lesley, and that the returning teachers’ personalities are radically different from their original counterparts (With Lamp being the worst offender).
Agree.
bownuhs
So, some of the teachers need some profiles. Like, I get some of them not getting a profile like Sketchbook, Shrignold, and Colin. But are we really going to skip out on Tony, The Healthy Band, and Lamp? We should at least have those guys. I made a sandbox for Tony in particular, and I would like some feedback.
What does the healthy band have in special? Agree with the other two gettin a profile.
  • Red Guy is 10-A. What’s the justification for this? His hobbies are “rock climbing, kite surfing, base jumping, zorbing and whaling.” First of all, he describes his, Yellow Guy, and Duck’s routine as sitting around all day and waiting for something to happen in Death. Secondly, does a guy who works a bland office job and sings a song about creativity to a bunch of strangers in a club while naked really seem like the same type of guy who’s into rock climbing? Don’t think so. Look, what I’m trying to say here is it doesn’t seem like he actually does any of his hobbies, as there doesn’t seem to be a time or a place where he could of done any of the above.
The quote you linked is from the TV series, which if we are separating both into different keys, would be redundant . Agree with the other reasons though.
  • His Durability justification isn’t much better. It says that he may survive “the attacks” done by the teachers. The ways the teachers attack the students aren’t in a physical way, if at all. Sketchbook doesn’t harm the trio in any way, Tony makes the trio rot by using his time powers, Red Guy isn’t even involved in Shrignold’s shenanigans, Colin transports the trio to his digital home and traps them there (And even then, Red Guy isn’t affected), and Red Guy is long gone by the time The Healthy Band and Lamp come into the picture. And that’s not even getting into the TV series. Briefcase doesn’t harm Red Guy, Coffin doesn’t either, Lily and Todney don’t really harm him (The Family Tree succs his blood, and even then that’s an endurance feat, not a durability feat), Warren does jackshit to him, Choo Choo bonks him once with his stick (And that’s clearly not that serious), and Electracey… Do I have to say anything at this point? And in case you want to scale him to the others, Duck didn’t survive Episode 5, the only episode where he was harmed in a physical way. So the Durability is BS.
Agree
  • “Resistance to Transformation/Transmutation (Isn’t mutated by The Sketchbook like Duck and Yellow Guy)”. Sketchbook didn’t transmutate the puppets, it was just their creativity getting out of hand. In the creativity segment (I’ll refer to it as the Creativity Explosion from this point onwards), there are some shots that feature the puppets of the characters that we normally see instead of the suits of the characters shown in that segment. If the trio were transformed by Sketchbook, why are these shots in there? The only thing Sketchbook said before the Creativity Explosion was “Let’s get creative”. There’s absolutely no indication that she had anything to do with that. makes Sketchbook transforming them kind of a stretch. Even if we go with the idea that Sketchbook causes the Creativity Explosion, that still doesn’t work because Red Guy wasn’t given humanlike proportions like Duck and Yellow Guy because he already has humanlike proportions. How would they humanize something that was already human-esque? I mean, he’s clearly losing his shit like the others, so he’s clearly affected.
Agree with removing the resistance, even the sketchbook says "let's never be creative again", so it clearly wasn't her doing. Although, wouldn't this give him at least minor transmutation? Since it was their creativity, not Sketchbook's, which turned yellow guy and Duck more human and everything with that 3d vibe?
  • “Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Is less effected by the loud noises of Tony the Talking Clock and doesn’t bleed from the ears)”. Well yeah, of course he’s less affected by Tony’s screeching, he’s covering his DAMN EARS! He could be bleeding from his ears, and we wouldn’t notice A. Because he’s covering his ears, and B. Because he’s… Well, Red Guy. Finally, if I cover my ears when I hear a loud sound, and an other guy doesn’t, and he says his ears hurt, should I get resistance to sound manipulation? I’ll let you be the judge of that one.
Agree
My opinion is the same as Imaginym
The tree Yellow Guy lifts appears to have been cleanly cleaved, as though with a blade, the face inside aside. If Yellow Guy had pulled it into 2 pieces with his bare hands, I think it would be a lot more splintered & fractured at the point of separation.
Him lifting it is definitely valid, I think, but I don't think he was the one who broke/cut the tree apart.
You could also likely get the KE as a possibly rating.
Agree with both

Back