• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny versus One Floaty Boi

I stated I already found it. Anyway, lobotomy should tie for first, as I said. Warlock loses, the Blights do not.

Ascendant Taken Knights and Wizards resist literally every ability it has. The resistance to mind hax that the 8-Bs have is a general resistance, so that includes fear hax. Death hax is not going to do anything to the Knights and Wizards and would it even be able to kill something with the immortalities and regeneration of a Warlock?

Ascendant Taken Knights and Wizards resist literally every ability it has. The resistance to mind hax that the 8-Bs have is a general resistance, so that includes fear hax. Death hax is not going to do anything to the Knights and Wizards and would it even be able to kill something with the immortalities and regeneration of a Warlock?
Fear manip isn't necessarily mind manip.

whatever Oryx has is what the knight has, I'm not exactly the destiny expert here but all of Oryx's shit is at least 4-D

whatever Oryx has is what the knight has, I'm not exactly the destiny expert here but all of Oryx's shit is at least 4-D
Doubt it's to the same potency. But whatever, this thread should be closed and the 8-B spot be like 1. Wizard, Knight 2. Characters from Lobotomy Corporation (God Delusion is one of the weakest ALEPH's who can beat Warlock), 3. Warlock, with former 2 and 3 going behind.

That doesn't explain anything. How does the death hax work. If it isn't effective against the Warlock then it has nothing that can incap or take out the Warlock long enough to win.

That doesn't explain anything. How does the death hax work. If it isn't effective against the Warlock then it has nothing that can incap or take out the Warlock long enough to win.
Fear manip is passive as I have explained, this is a valid win-con. Death manip works as as long as his eye is trained on a target, it will constantly deal PALE damage, which corresponds to death. Anything else?

You said that the fear manip causes the madness manip and is further spread by the mind manip. Warlocks resist both mind and madness manip, so I don't really see why the fear manip wouldn't be resisted if it's just an intermediate. And it very much looks like a sub-power of mind hax on the profile. Even if it did work, what are its feats? Not all fear manip necessarily incaps.

So the death hax doesn't have any particularly noteworthy feats and isn't instant on top of that. I see no reason for the Warlock to be unable to heal from that and then just nuke the God.

You said that the fear manip causes the madness manip and is further spread by the mind manip. Warlocks resist both mind and madness manip, so I don't really see why the fear manip wouldn't be resisted if it's just an intermediate. And it very much looks like a sub-power of mind hax on the profile. Even if it did work, what are its feats? Not all fear manip necessarily incaps.

So the death hax doesn't have any particularly noteworthy feats and isn't instant on top of that. I see no reason for the Warlock to be unable to heal from that and then just nuke the God.
Fear manip is paralyzing fear. It has no basis where you say it has. The fear causes highly trained Employees who can resist mind manip to freeze in fear, or generally have a mental breakdown and freak out, both of which leaves them incapable of doing anything. Mind manip is unrelated to fear manip. This is a win-con for the God Delusion, in which Warlock has none.

It's about the scans in the revision, not whether the 4-D stuff has been accepted or not. I have given reasons for why it would fall under mind hax, but you haven't given any reasons for why it would be a different kind of fear hax (and what kind of fear hax).

It's about the scans in the revision, not whether the 4-D stuff has been accepted or not. I have given reasons for why it would fall under mind hax, but you haven't given any reasons for why it would be a different kind of fear hax (and what kind of fear hax).
The fear hax would be a Neurological type, and fear hax isn't directly tied to mind-hax, as I have explained, the fear hax is a subsidiary of their nature, people around them get afraid, whether it be extreme or mild. Mind manip works to break down ones mental defenses, which also works towards the goal of madness manip, induced by either fear, mind manip, or both. They are related, but their existence isn't the same.

• Neurological: Characters possessing this type of Fear Manipulation use Mind Manipulation and other related powers to directly influence the opponent into being afraid. It can be resisted with sufficient Resistance to Mind Manipulation.
You're the first person who I've seen that claims the fear hax from Abnormalities is independent of any other ability indexed on the wiki. On top of that the profiles list anyone capable of withstanding the auras of Abnormalities as having resistance to mind manipulation. At this point it's starting to looks like something that would need a CRT, unless it's been accepted in a thread I haven't seen.

Just because it's part of their nature, doesn't mean it's not mind hax. So if mind hax is needed to break down mental defenses and the fear hax works towards madness, why should they not resist it?

• Neurological: Characters possessing this type of Fear Manipulation use Mind Manipulation and other related powers to directly influence the opponent into being afraid. It can be resisted with sufficient Resistance to Mind Manipulation.
You're the first person who I've seen that claims the fear hax from Abnormalities is independent of any other ability indexed on the wiki. On top of that the profiles list anyone capable of withstanding the auras of Abnormalities as having resistance to mind manipulation. At this point it's starting to looks like something that would need a CRT, unless it's been accepted in a thread I haven't seen.

Just because it's part of their nature, doesn't mean it's not mind hax. So if mind hax is needed to break down mental defenses and the fear hax works towards madness, why should they not resist it?
Can I get an invite to the Destiny discord? Off topic, I know but I finally registered for this site and dont know how to send private messages, if I even could

Back