• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny: Minor Crota Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few small changes to Crota.

His current range is multiversal, but I think it might be multiversal+.

"Crota conspired with his sisters to learn their secrets. “I too will experiment with a wound,” he said. With his sword Crota cut open a new wound, into a new space. In here he thought he might obtain a secret power.
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xxxviii-the-partition-of-death#books-of-sorrow
Out of this wound came machines called Vex. They invaded Oryx’s throne world."

"“My son,” he said, “this is your punishment. Come home glorious, or die forgotten!” He picked up Crota by the legs and threw him into the Vex gate network.
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/xl-an-emperor-for-all-outcomes#books-of-sorrow
Crota battled through history, becoming a legendary demon. In his early centuries he often spared a few victims to hear oaths and protests against his father. Later, he came to understand Oryx, and he made temples and monuments wherever he went."

Crota cuts outside of the Ascendant Plane, which contains a 2-B multiverse, into Vex space, which contains 2-A multiverses. Afterwards he's thrown into the Vex gate network and eventually fights his way out.

I suggest Crota gets multiversal+ range or at the very least likely multiversal+ range. It could also be interdimensional range.

Crota's Mid-Godly Regeneration Negation should be updated to High-Godly. As that's the level of regeneration Sungsingers have now.

Crota's resistance to Conceptual Manipulation should be listed separately from the resistances he gains from his Oversoul, as he does not resist Conceptual Manipulation because of his Oversoul. Just like the other high tier Sword Logic users he simply resists it through his own Sword Logic.

Lastly Crota should get Fire Manipulation. It's even in the quote on his page and it's a simple addition.

"He hides in the dark below: the monster of Luna, the titanic god-Knight who walked the regolith beneath a sky of green fire and butchered the greatest army of Guardians ever assembled. We abandoned the Moon rather than face him."

"Crota marches with a thousand Knights and they say the sky above Mare Imbrium has turned into green fire. They are dying in numbers I cannot bear to repeat. He kills them one by one with a sword that eats their Light."

Last edited:
I think at least a possibly Multiversal+ range can work if it's contended enough. I personally fine with full Multiverse+ range.

Seems pretty clear cut.

Rather simple change too.

I'm...surprised he didn't already have it cause of his fire blasts in the fight. Obviously agree

Probably, but the blasts were light green and had a fire like look to it I think, although he might have been using soulfire.

I'm fine with pretty much everything. Except I'm uncertain about the 2-A Range; as you don't need 2-A Range to open a hole into a 2-A Space, and it speaks of him taking time going through the 2-A Space and no feats of him affecting the whole thing at once are given?

It's moreso the fact that he reached comepletely outside of a countless 2-B structure into a 2-A one. Normally Hive portals and the like can only lead into other parts of the Ascendant Plane or material universe, but Crota reached beyond that.

As for it taking time, that's fair, but he still escaped outside of a infinite multiverse in a finite amount of time. Besides it's known that Vex don't take kindly to intruders, so that could've slowed Crota down significantly.

I'd say creating a portal that leads from a 2-B Space to a 2-A Space would be more similar to Interdimensional Range than 2-A Range.

As for that second feat, I don't think that would be a 2-A feat. Though I'm unsure what such a feat would be if it's not Infinite Speed? I'm sure that theirs other Verses that have feats of travelling infinite locations in finite time, but what they were given doesn't spring to mind.

How does interdimensional range even work in tier 2 actually? Crota already has multiversal range, so what would interdimensional range do then?

It's probably not concrete enough to qualify for inifnite speed. Maybe 2-A Dimensional Travel?

I guess the same as it does in lower tiers, allow certain abilities to reach areas beyond his normal Range, I.E. create a portal that allows him to travel to a separate 2-A Space beyond his usual Range. As for the 2-A Interdimensional Travel, I'm a bit uncertain but I can accept a Possibly or whatever.

Maybe specify that his sword can open tears into 2-A spaces or that his tears have 2-A range?
It's his own power, so it would be the latter.

@Everything12

I suppose.

Wouldn't him being able to cut into and travel to a separate 2-A space already give him 2-A dimensional travel? Or do you mean possibly because we don't know how reliably he can do this?

Yeah, the text doesn't go into too much detail in the how he travels, only that he can. So I'm a bit uncertain of giving flat out 2-A Dimensional Travel, also the cut would once again be more 2-A Interdimensional Range than flat out 2-A.

Those are my thoughts on it too.

Isn't dimensional travel interdimensional by definition? You can't affect an entire multiverse with it.

Thank you.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back