• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demitri Maximoff VS Gargos (0-0-7) (Grace)

Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers) VS Gargos (Killer Instinct)

Both are 4-C (Normal Demitri and Current Timeline Gargos are used here)

Speed is equalized

Demitri Maximoff:

Gargos:

Inconclusive: 7 (SamanPatou, Peppersalt43, Stillwinston, Tonygameman, Mariogoods, Knifeman29, Acer__)

Last edited:
Gargos' profile is a bit outdated, and his immortalities type 5 and 9 aren't entirely correct, and he is actually weaker and mortal outside of the Astral Plane, reason why he weakens his enemies from there or drags them to the Astral Plane.

This match is cool, really, but it can't be done currently, not until Killer Instinct revisions are done (and several will be made in the future).

Almost a year later, I can say this match can finally be done, I will comment soon.

Ok, so. The first thing to say, is that I don't really know how to compare their fighting skill. Both aren't really used to fight people of their own level, Gargos has more experience, but Demitri has more recent training, and both are very confident, but Demitri might have learned the lesson after his defeat, while Gargos is always somewhat wary with strangers. Gargos has higher physical range and flight, but Demitri is quite acrobatic.

Gargos is more versatile, with his higher range, the Shadow Lord, one of his artifacts the ability to create portals etc, but Demitri has projectiles, teleportation, shapeshifting, a handy oneshot technique (Midnight Bliss) which would destroy Gargos's body, leaving only his soul to be consumed by Demitri. The latter's huge LS advantage also means Gargos can't use his grabs, while Gargos can only break free through portals.
Gargos should be somewhat immune to Demitri's aura, but his minions are a double-edged blade, since Demitri can eat them too and summon his fiery bats. The stoneskin is also a tricky move, since it has the blatant advantage because of its damage reduction, but the fact is slows his speed makes him more vulnerable to Demitri's dangerous grabs.

All in all both have their tools and advantages, and imho I can't really declare a winner, so I vote Inconclusive.

Back