• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku vs An Assassin

2.8 tons? Deku has a small AP advantage, dura (since he can actually take blows from people stronger than himself), range with blackwhip and airforce, mobility with airforce and lifting strength. Creepy dude has skill, intelligence and I'm guessing experience so he could win if he got into CQC and didn't let Deku escape or managed to shoot him in the head or stab him in a fatl area but I'll vote Deku since he can range spam, pin the guy or wail on him long enough to win.

Thin man has range though? His gun is range. And I think he Gun has better range. Albeit that's also why I started them both within range of each other. And how in character is it to actually spam it. I have no doubt he would use it, but does he actively spam that kind of attack?

Deku's bullets are stronger (due to damaging someone stronger than Deku) and larger along with having the ability to fire multiple shots at once, Deku will actively use franged moves against people he doesn't want to get close to and he uses his ranged attacks a lot (even when he was inexperienced with it), Deku could also just grab him and pin him down.

Thin mans bullets are pierce weapon though. Meaning while it doesn't do as much damage, it does concentrated damage which can pierce right through a body part. And a gun can be shot multiple times. The larger bullets make sense that's helpful at range however. I do see the advantage and potential there.

And while that makes sense, what exactly would cause Deku to think to fight range with The Thin Man. Nothing about him seems intimating at first glance. He just looks like a dude with a sword.

And well. He could Yea. But that's like saying the thin man could just stab him.

His gun can pierce people on his level. So it's gonna hurt, the only reason it would be less relevant is due to other powers. Such as regen. But pierce damage can matter a lot even in higher tier battles

Deku would likely need to realise the skill difference first to go all in on range spam but he can still win by blackwhip and then pinning him. He'd also still be weary of him afterall Gentle is guy in a silly suit who happens to be a youtuber and he gave Deku a hard time.

A gun can be fired multiple times but unlike Deku he can't fire his shots simultaneously.

and how would he realize that without getting close? And Pinning him isn't a win condition. That requires effort to do so and isn't a valid incapacitation option. And that doesn't mean he automatically is going to be like "oh, this guy in a suit is clearly more skilled then me, let me range down him". As that's entirely out of character. That's not something he would open with. Being more weary despite appearances doesn't suddenly means he is just going to spam range when he doesn't seem to do that in character. He doesn't have reason to jump to that tactic at the start of the fight.

I mean technically he can. Just pulling the trigger rapidly is simultaneously. But I get what your meaning though.

Led with range vs Spam Range. I'm not saying he won't use range. I don't see him spamming range.

Wailing on him would require actually letting go so he could punch him. Also not something I recall he ever did in character anyway.

If Deku starts doing raned attacks wouldn't the guy reciprocate since he has a gun? If they get close Deku could still tag him and then realise he's outmatched since that happened when he fought Stain and was still inexperienced.

Not really there's a certain hold Bakugou has done to Deku that let him pin all of Deku's limbs and have a hand free and Deku will try to incapacitate his enemies in character so him going for a headshot to KO someone is actually in character for him.

He would shoot back. But doesn't mean he wouldn't try and get close himself. Both probably would.

That's what Bakugou did. Not Deku. We can say Bakugou would resort to something like that. But this is Deku. As well, considering how quick he would be to resort to that. Cause I seriously doubt he tries that on every person he fights. And I don't doubt he would try and KO him. But it's not like Thin man wouldn't do the same or worse.

Bakugou did it but it means it's not impossible for Deku to pin and KO him, he regularly grabs people in fights (vs Gentle like 3 times, vs Shinso in both fights, vs Bakugou in both fights, vs Stain), yeah they're both trying to KO eachother but Deku has feats of outmaneuvering, tagging or predicting people far more skilled than himself like GT or Stain, Deku has much higher LS, has better ranged moves and better dura and sligthtly better AP.

Ok. Again. Bakugou did it. Not Deku. You say Deku grabs regularly in fights. Then, the fact he hasn't done it supports he probably isn't resorting to it. At least not very quickly. And it would require him to actually get his hands on The Thin Man in a way that doesn't leave himself open. Cause Thin man can still fight back. He can't just blindly run up and take grab onto the Thin Man. He won't just stand there and let that happen, he will react in a way to avoid it. Thin man also has skill with people who are extremely mobile. The angels can do base jumps several feet into the air. He fights all three at once. These are extremely skilled people he can stand in combat alone with. Yea, Deku has skill fighting and tagging very skilled fighters. So does Thin Man.

Sora and buff riku said:
I thought the OP wasn't suppose to be this bias or argue at all ? Guess I got that wrong.
The OP can make arguments. But I'm just more defending a point that doesn't seem necessarily right. Saying Deku would do things he probably wouldn't. Spam Range, Use an incapacitate manor he hasn't ever shown to do, and how thin man would actually react. Not trying to be bias. I'm just saying I don't think those reasons are actually in Character for Deku as he doesn't display them as far as my knowledge goes. If Deku won it cause of that vote, those are out of character reasons to win.

I'd say it depends on the situation rather than it being in being out of character. Deku in cases like Gentle does spam it or uses it quite frequently and we haven't been able to see enough of it. When Deku first encountered Monoma he was going to use it as his first move but only didn't because of black whip. Same goes as of now where we haven't seen it because as of now it's more focused on black whip.

Deku has pinned people like Gentle and Shinso in ways that could let him still attack them so no it isn't out of character, Bakugou's grab was the first thing that came to mind and an example of being able to pin a person and attack without releasing them, Deku can snag him with blackwhip and pull him close to do whatever he wants, the angels jumping several feat in the air doesn't really compare to Deku's acrobatics and mobiltity (he also has pseudo flight), unless thin man has superior experience and training to GT and Stain he'll likely be outmaneuvered (like once or twice) and get punched in the head and pinned.

Yes it is out of character. If Bakugou did that restraining move, not Deku, then it's something Bakugou would do. Not Deku. Deku hasn't displayed using that restrain move. And he tries melee combat a lot. He may attempt to restrain people, but that doesn't automatically mean he will use a move that can restrain all body parts when he hasn't ever shown to actually try it. In fact. Show me an example of Deku Himself. Restraining in a way that would prevent all limbs from moving. You also make this sound like its simple for Deku. "Deku can snag him with blackwhip and pull him close to do whatever he wants". No. It's not that simple. The Thin man wouldn't just stand there and let himself be grabbed onto. This argument entirely ignores what The Thin man can actually do and just focuses on what Deku can do.

Well no one besides you are actually trying to defend thin man so we don't know what he can do besides the profiles which while it shows how skilled he is that's about it.

All I know so far is the thin man is going to be trying to get close and he definitely won't expect multiple black energy ropes to emerge from Deku's hand and stick to him. I gave an example his fight with Gentle the way he pinned him the first (chapter 178) and second time (chapter 180) (sorry I'm having problems uploading images).

Im not just defending Thin Man. Some of the reasons aren't even seemingly accurate or in character of what Deku would do. the reasons also treat this like he could easily grab him with the black whip and doesn't really acknowledge the fact thin man still had the capabilities of dodging it. The page does talk about his skill level and people he has faced. The Angels have avoided bullets and missiles using their acrobatics, which thin man is on the level of and superior too. And yet it isn't acknowledged. Which stuff like this is on his page.

Thin Man getting caught by energy ropes from nowhere isn't too surprising especially since the angels dodging those things could be due to speed. Deku pinning him is in character, Deku going for headshots is in character, Deku frequently using range is in character, Deku using blackwhips to pull things towards himself to attack is in character.

Speed is equal, and Thin man isn't knew to dodging from multiple angles. Pinning him in character is something i don't say I doubted. I said using the manor Bakugou did isn't in character considering he hasn't done it himself. Using range vs Spamming range. I didn't deny he would utilize it. Just that he wouldn't downright spam it. Thin man in character wouldn't hesitate to KO or Kill Deku either. It's in character for him too. And you can't be arguing about him using range attacks but using the Black whip to pull him closer.

Back