• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Define "popular verse?"

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I been trying to find a thread that defines how a verse is "popular" on the wiki. This does have an impact on how many staff are needed to vote and reject or pass a CRT.

I thought there was discussion somewhere on how a verse is defined as "popular" or a discussion on some sort of standard minimum requirements, but I can't find it.

So, what criteria is needed to say a verse needs 4 or more staff votes to pass a crt?

The verse has to be in the most talked about to be very popular or be recognized as having a very large community, generating hundreds of crt just for that verse, popular verse like Bleach, One punch, One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball Super, Bleach , Marvel and DC (everything fits in this option)

These verses need 3 or 4 team members to be accepted, as everything discussed generates endless bullshit or derailment (thus high magnitude moderation is required)

be successful
community being more than 10 members
have a very large range for the verse
And your question for your answer is on the rules tab for the verses, there's down there.

The verse has to be in the most talked about to be very popular or be recognized as having a very large community, generating hundreds of crt just for that verse, popular verse like Bleach, One punch, One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball Super, Bleach , Marvel and DC (everything fits in this option)

These verses need 3 or 4 team members to be accepted, as everything discussed generates endless bullshit or derailment (thus high magnitude moderation is required)

And your question for your answer is on the rules tab for the verses, there's down there.
The discussion rule section also says "a lot of media's"

Yes, yes, but it has to be a verse accepted as popular on the wiki here, I'm not quite sure how it fits the requirements, but the verse has to be very controversial or something accepted
There's no listed minimum requirements anywhere. Which is something I think should be otherwise everything is left open ended

I been trying to find a thread that defines how a verse is "popular" on the wiki. This does have an impact on how many staff are needed to vote and reject or pass a CRT.

I thought there was discussion somewhere on how a verse is defined as "popular" or a discussion on some sort of standard minimum requirements, but I can't find it.

So, what criteria is needed to say a verse needs 4 or more staff votes to pass a crt?
I can answer that with the opposite definition of a "popular" verse being a "niche" verse. No active supporters, very low traffic of CRTS, Low traffic of verses matches, and mods ignore it for more "I'm not knowledgeable in this criteria" type excuses.

Back