• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death vs Spider-woman

Speed equal only if it stops a stomp

I’m 11 what’s this: 0

Bug: 0

Incon: 0

Speed unequal this basically depends on who you think is faster.
As I said already, I think this basically depends on whether Vandalieu makes Kumoko switch sides via Mental Encroachment before Kumoko has her clones activate the Evil Eyes of Gluttony, which should be able to nullify Abyss and Mental Encroachment. I also say specifically switch sides, as the emergency protocol of Kumoko's clones would save her if Van just put her to sleep or something.
Van definitely will start with Mental Encroachment in the given situation, so his chances to make the correct first move in the given situation is pretty good. It isn't quite guaranteed and Kumoko has her own precognition to guide her moves.

So this could go either way, but I think Van has a slight edge.

This is probably gonna be filled with questions due to my lack of knowledge about kumoko (I'm only in the manga)

So, about kumoko's Evil Eyes of Gluttony, wouldn't the Abyss skill power null a part of that ability before it gets affected? and do they have traveling time?
and is that ability made out of any magic, for example, if Van simultaneously deploys a Mana Absorbing barrier, will the abilities absorb each other or that plan would just fail?

Would using the eyes be Kumoko's starter or is it something she uses after

About the mind encroachment, how strong is kumoko's mind normally? my knowledge is only limited to the manga for kumoko, so I don't really know her limits.
Van has at least shown the ability to go through several levels of resistance, and that's without mentioning the possibility of Van's guidance acting first, after all, Kumoko has basically already walked the demon path, and it's an arachnid monster.

So, about kumoko's Evil Eyes of Gluttony, wouldn't the Abyss skill power null a part of that ability before it gets affected? and do they have traveling time?
and is that ability made out of any magic, for example, if Van simultaneously deploys a Mana Absorbing barrier, will the abilities absorb each other or that plan would just fail?
Evil Eye of Gluttony is Magecraft, which is Meta-Magic (the magic that makes magic work). Evil Eye of Gluttony nullifies Skills and magic, meaning Abyss can be nullified.
The main reason neither of those would work because they are too good a powernull. It could nullify power nullification, that could nullify power nullification etc. pp.

Would using the eyes be Kumoko's starter or is it something she uses after
Kumoko's strategy is:
  1. Teleport into a self-created pocket dimension
  2. Have clones use Evil Eyes of Gluttony, while they are sitting in portals protected by dense spiderwebs of spatial fissures.
  3. Presumably use other Evil Eyes and other skills.
Thinking about it... it might be the case that the pocket dimension Kumoko teleports to is her Zone, seeing as she said that using it was her plan against Güllie. That could mean mental encroachment doesn't work after all...

About the mind encroachment, how strong is kumoko's mind normally? my knowledge is only limited to the manga for kumoko, so I don't really know her limits.
Van has at least shown the ability to go through several levels of resistance, and that's without mentioning the possibility of Van's guidance acting first, after all, Kumoko has basically already walked the demon path, and it's an arachnid monster.
As far as the current profile is concerned Kumoko has no mind resistance. At best you can say that she has a very strong will.
Some point in the future I might make a resistance that upgrades her mind resistance to be equal to her soul resistance (100 peoples worth / probably superior to heresy immunity skill), but I'm not sure if that will get accepted yet. For the LN version it probably would, but for the WN version it's less clear...

Anyway, I have my doubts that Kumoko is a valid target for Van's Charm skill. Kumoko at this point is a god, which means she actually isn't one of the species typically affected. Whether she's on the demon path is... debatable. Maybe.

Kumoko's strategy is:
  1. Teleport into a self-created pocket dimension
  2. Have clones use Evil Eyes of Gluttony, while they are sitting in portals protected by dense spiderwebs of spatial fissures.
  3. Presumably use other Evil Eyes and other skills.
Thinking about it... it might be the case that the pocket dimension Kumoko teleports to is her Zone, seeing as she said that using it was her plan against Güllie. That could mean mental encroachment doesn't work after all...
If so, it would go down to whether Van would activate his skill in the time Kumoko teleports, which could technically happen, due to his Danger Sense's Death.
As far as the current profile is concerned Kumoko has no mind resistance. At best you can say that she has a very strong will.
Some point in the future I might make a resistance that upgrades her mind resistance to be equal to her soul resistance (100 peoples worth / probably superior to heresy immunity skill), but I'm not sure if that will get accepted yet. For the LN version it probably would, but for the WN version it's less clear...
Her soul resistance being 100 people worth, from previous threats, I understood that she was a rather skilled soul fighter, so how would you compare that to Van?
After all the size of the soul's scale to the maximum amount of mana as far as all the explanation could tell + the number of souls he has absorbed, he should have a rather strong soul.

Anyway, I have my doubts that Kumoko is a valid target for Van's Charm skill. Kumoko at this point is a god, which means she actually isn't one of the species typically affected. Whether she's on the demon path is... debatable. Maybe.
The demon path would refer to someone who has done something good and evil but is not bound by either. but yeah, due to her being a god, affecting her would take a while.

At this point, the battle would be decided by the point DT said above. To support that point, which is van using Mental encroachment as his first move, I will provide a couple of details. By default, Van has begun to use Mental attacks, as normal ones since the battle against Heinz, coupled with the fact that Van has Danger Sense to alert him of the dangers behind his action, the possibility of him using that attack has his first move is actually high. The only requirement the ability needs is visual contact, thought is not the only one, and the skill is pretty much instantaneous, he will mostly begin with attacks while using Group Thought Processing to do other thinking.

So for now my Vote goes to Vandalieu.

Back