• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU: Attack Potency and Resistance upgrade

The more consistent strongest attacks of the high-end DCEU characters look to be more around Tier 8, this is pretty obvious.

But they also have shit like the force of a nuke not doing shit to Superman with his unscathed suit and hair, with the clear conclusion that he was messed up by its radiation and the kryptonite that was in his system, or Doomsday being completely unharmed (but getting his hand chopped off by Wonder Woman with a sword that's only certain to be magically durable) and releasing a blast that was as big as a city along with a huge Heat Vision blast that went deep into space, or Zeus making an island, or Enchantress making a massive hurricane, or Aquaman and Orm overcoming massive drag force by going some ridiculous hypersonic speed to heat up their tridents to hit each other and producing a large shockwave deep underwater that'd both require nuke-levels of energy individually, or Superman while weakened by the Kryptonian atmosphere punching straight through the World Engine that's bigger and much heavier than most skyscrapers but was completely unscathed by crashing into the ground on 3 skinny pointy-ended legs at hypersonic speeds.

Going with either the lower-end or higher-end interpretations are both completely arbitrary choices because big stupid blockbuster movies are stupid and inconsistent. This wiki usually chooses to use high-end interpretations generally, at least the ones that aren't complete outliers/bullshit like saying some character is invulnerable meaning the only thing that can hurt them with just force is a universe-busting attack at the very least or whatever NLF you can think of. I don't really see a reason to specifically choose low-end interpretations with the DCEU.

Radiation is nothing special. Dont know why you mention this like is a weakness for Superman or something. It's only a certain lvl of energy which can be harmful from a certain point to humans because we can resist only X lvl of radiation but the same amount which is harmful for us, to superhumans characters will do shit because those superhumans characters probably have feats tanking explosions.

So if Superman was knocked out by a certain lvl of energy and was affected, then, that is his limit, his durability, that's the conclussion.

Qawsedf234 said:
Kind of contradicted by him surviving a nuke while weakened, and the damage done doesn't look like it had anything to do with the force and more with him possibly absorbing the radiation. You know, big dumb movie inconsistencies and whatnot.

Enchantress's storm was also calced to be High 6-A, so the power she was generating would still be over a 1 teraton of TNT/Low 6-B a second over 3 days. Doesn't really matter though since it doesn't scale with anyone.

Ronnijuro is confusing AP and destructive capacity as most people do I suppose. You don't have to be capable of destroying countries to have Country level AP. You just need to have that level of power.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Ronnijuro is confusing AP and destructive capacity as most people do I suppose. You don't have to be capable of destroying countries to have Country level AP. You just need to have that level of power.
I'm not confusing anything.

You seem to be though. Saying that Superman is not a country level bc he doesn't cause country sized destruction every time he fights is a common misconception.

You seem to be though. Saying that Superman is not a country level bc he doesn't cause country sized destruction every time he fights is a common misconception.
You're wrong.

Superman is not Country lvl because his durability is above his power, and his durability is at most Mountain lvl, and I'm even inflating this. I said the reasons above.

When a character can fight with those comparable to him, the character's AP scales to his durability. For example, John is 9-B and Sam can harm him. Sam therefore has 9-B AP, and due to Newton's Third Law Sam has 9-B durability too (unless Sam uses magic). Then John can harm him back, so John is 9-B too. This logic is used on many of our wiki's pages.

Superman tanked a nuke when he was incredibly weakened, btw.

No, he was not weakened, he fought a bit with Doomsday and after that he brought him to space and the missile hit them.

The weakened effects already ended by the time this happened.

And like I said Mountain lvl is inflated already. Cause that missile didnt produce effects like the 50 megaton Tsar fo example, not near at all even and if we assume Earth's technology lvl is like ours basically, a 50 megaton missile is not worth to build it nowadays.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-most-dangerous-nuclear-weapon-americas-arsenal-13433

So that missile is most probably below 50 megatons.

I think Superman haven't fully recovered from his fight with Batman. Since amped Doomsday was comparable to Wonder Woman who is supposed to be around the same level as Superman.

Calculations on how powerful the nuke is is definitely far more reliable than assuming that nuke is equal to some real life bomb.

I remember seeing a screenshot of the scene, and the screen shows what type of missile was used, saw someone saying that it only carried about 1 Megaton worth of nukes overall. Will see if I can find it.

The effects already passed at that point.

And no, dont sell me this shit about being weakened from Country lvl to Mountain lvl.

And there may be another proof that shows that this missile was "crap" is Doomsday, after he tanked a explosion he releases that energy through a kind of shockwave and the shockwave he released after this missile was shit (shit compared to Country lvl AP, no crater big enough to justify that power, no AoE for that lvl and no previous powerscalling from any other feat Country because they dont exist). Ofc he didnt absorb all the energy released from the missile.

So, watching the scene where the nuke is launched, at 0:14 you can see the type of missile at the left of the screen they're watching.

It's really small on my PC, so I put it on my TV, and it seems to show a LGM-30 missile with a W87 warhead. The W87 page says it has a yield of 475 kilotons, and that the Minuteman only carried one warhead per missile.

A bit underwhelming, but can ya do.

Hmmn interesting. Idk whether the type of nuke or the effects of the nuke is more reliable.

@Ronnijuro There's the fact Doomsday was completely unharmed by the nuke despite being comparable to Wonder Woman and Superman (he recovered later on) after the nuke.

@Ronnijuro There's the fact Doomsday was completely unharmed by the nuke despite being comparable to Wonder Woman and Superman (he recovered later on) after the nuke.
Doomsday can absorb explosions, or to be more precise the energy released from them.

Mr. Redic said:
The more consistent strongest attacks of the high-end DCEU characters look to be more around Tier 8, this is pretty obvious.

But they also have shit like the force of a nuke not doing shit to Superman with his unscathed suit and hair, with the clear conclusion that he was messed up by its radiation and the kryptonite that was in his system, or Doomsday being completely unharmed (but getting his hand chopped off by Wonder Woman with a sword that's only certain to be magically durable) and releasing a blast that was as big as a city along with a huge Heat Vision blast that went deep into space, or Zeus making an island, or Enchantress making a massive hurricane, or Aquaman and Orm overcoming massive drag force by going some ridiculous hypersonic speed to heat up their tridents to hit each other and producing a large shockwave deep underwater that'd both require nuke-levels of energy individually, or Superman while weakened by the Kryptonian atmosphere punching straight through the World Engine that's bigger and much heavier than most skyscrapers but was completely unscathed by crashing into the ground on 3 skinny pointy-ended legs at hypersonic speeds.

Going with either the lower-end or higher-end interpretations are both completely arbitrary choices because big stupid blockbuster movies are stupid and inconsistent. This wiki usually chooses to use high-end interpretations generally, at least the ones that aren't complete outliers/bullshit like saying some character is invulnerable meaning the only thing that can hurt them with just force is a universe-busting attack at the very least or whatever NLF you can think of. I don't really see a reason to specifically choose low-end interpretations with the DCEU.
I don't think I have much left to say other than this. Most comics and movies are inconsistent, and our wiki tends to use higher-end interpretation.

Yeah I agree with Spino and Redic. You can do the same thing here, with most of franchises, not just with DCEU. We should move on, if the boi still have some problems with the scaling, then I think make a CRT is better.

@Spino

There are some problems with your calculation about Zeus and the island? I mean, with the method of creation. If not, then we should apply the Low 6-B ratings

I think Kep made issue about the size though I'm unsure of whether that's been resolved (there's some other feats we can use tho)

There are some Kryptonian steel that survived Krypton explosion, wich destroyed its near moons. Superman makes shit about the same steel.

We can calc the explosion yield and, after that, how much energy the steel received. There are also the nuke feat, wich Mr. Redic already show us a calculation about.

The primordial life fiber got 6-B for that sort of stuff so it could be interesting

Yeah tanking a planet exploding

Surface area lowers the result but it'll still be impressive.

Looking at the behind the scenes stuff, they say Krypton's core was so messed up because they kept adding mass until it probably became a neutron star, which is probably why the debris couldn't completely break away for such a powerful explosion.

Supernova/High 4-C tier DCEU Kryptonian culture confirmed.

Hmm, yeah I really don't know how to calc this explosion. The mass did not expanded so KE method is invalid. GBE is invalid too, we don't have information about Krypton's size, we just now its gravity is far higher than Earth's and we have more information that Redic pointed out

With that, we should use Earth's GBE as an absolute low end, and calc the durability of the Phantom Projector using its size. Did Superman destroyed something like the Phantom Projector?

There was that nearby moon that got destroyed, might get something out of its GBE. It's even in the same shot as Krypton before it explodes, so there's no need to assume it's the same size as our moon if we assume Krypton is the same size as Earth. I think it's somewhat smaller than ours at least.

It might be applicable to all Kryptonian metal, like the world engine and scout ship Superman keeps punching in and out of in every movie.

Back