• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Work Group & General Discussion

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So it's no surprise that our DC pages on the whole, are not amazing. While several users have helped make them much better, and their quality has increased over thelast few months, there's still A LOT that need to be worked on. Such as...

Noteworthy characters who need pages​

I have started to compile a list here, but of course there are potentially thousands of characters warranting pages so it may never be truly complete.

High priority characters on the other hand, I'll list here.
  • Hawkman (any)
  • Hawkwoman (any)
  • Starman
  • Kid Devil and Blue Devil
  • Jay Garrick
  • Bart Allen
  • Stargirl
  • Starspangled Kid
  • Johnny Thunder
  • Doctor Mid-Nite
  • Jakeem Thunder
  • Mera
  • Fire and Ice
  • Guy Gardner
  • Starfire
  • Cassie Sandsmark
  • Simon Baz
  • Jessica Cruz
  • Black Lightning
  • Amethyst (Pre/Post Crisis)
Bold are characters who are REALLY high priority.

Current projects​

I have started or am planning on starting the following projects to work on in my spare time. Any help is much appreciated.
  1. BIG Power Girl revamp. She's a tricky and long-chronicled character so it may take multiple CRTs to make her page as good as it can be.
  2. Stats and P&A for Superman Red/Blue. Just have to compile appearances for these guys.
  3. Jimmy Olsen page, mostly for his showings during Countdown and such.
  4. Stats for Post-Flashpoint Lex Luthor's Superman armor. It has plenty of appearances but I can't get a read on its feats for now.
  5. Better explanation on the reboots, and what is or isn't a reboot. There's plenty of misformation on the internet on these topics.
  6. Other Power Ring pages.
If anyone has a project they'd wish to work on, I can add it to the list.

Things to discuss​

• How should we handle Legion of Super-Heroes? They have their own series of reboots that don't correspond with the mainline ones (Pre-Zero Hour, Post-Zero Hour, and Post-Rebirth), but Pre-Zero Hour continuity became the main LOSH continuity...at some point, because Post-Zero Hour didn't last that long. Argh!
  • Kryptonian/Daxamite Physiology. Good page idea or too inconsistent to use?

Discord​

@The_Impress has converted her general-chat server into a comic discussion board, for Marvel, DC, and other publishers. An invite can be found here, but you'll need a role to access it so let me know if you connected so I can hook you up.

Last edited:
Added Black Lightning and Amethyst to the high priority list because that's also entire sections of the verse we just have no data for.

Nice, would love to help but ain't got the right tech yet. Besides I had tons of characters to do CRTs on when preparing for exams.
Comic and manhua.

There's not really tech involved other then a good adblocker. We tend to just go to a TOTALLY LEGAL COMIC HOSTING SITE and read through issues featring the character we're researching and posting the scans on Imgur.
----
Another thing that Imp-ress brought up is how we should split our DC Verse page into a few other ones. Currently, I feel like it shoould only cover the four mainline continuities and elseworlds, and everything else should probably get iits own page. We already do that with the DCEU, DCAU, Arrowverse, Injustice, and probably a few others, but a few are still just lsted on the verse page. Some examples of verse pages needed to be made:
  • WildStorm, though stuff after Worlds End is DC canon.
  • America's Best Comics, also later integrated into mainline canon I think
  • Watchmen, distinct enough to have a verse page.
  • Fawcett Comics, for early Captain Marvel stories and characters
  • Quality Comics, though I dont think we have a page for Qualty characters.

There's not really tech involved other then a good adblocker. We tend to just go to a TOTALLY LEGAL COMIC HOSTING SITE and read through issues featring the character we're researching and posting the scans on Imgur.
----
Another thing that Imp-ress brought up is how we should split our DC Verse page into a few other ones. Currently, I feel like it shoould only cover the four mainline continuities and elseworlds, and everything else should probably get iits own page. We already do that with the DCEU, DCAU, Arrowverse, Injustice, and probably a few others, but a few are still just lsted on the verse page. Some examples of verse pages needed to be made:
  • WildStorm, though stuff after Worlds End is DC canon.
  • America's Best Comics, also later integrated into mainline canon I think
  • Watchmen, distinct enough to have a verse page.
  • Fawcett Comics, for early Captain Marvel stories and characters
  • Quality Comics, though I dont think we have a page for Qualty characters.
Could O.G Vertigo get a verse page?

I think Slade's "intelligence" stats should be rated as "extraordinary genius". His enhanced mind/mental capacity is described as a "super-computer designed to process information and break it down with superior tactical and strategic thought" (source: Deathstroke (Volume 2, issue #9), by his own admission. It would make sense to change the intel stat as such.

Given permission, I could make minor changes.

Back