• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Recalc?

Another_Council

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
So, I found this calc about how Sinestro destroyed the arm of a galaxy. Apparently it came out to 4-B and didn't account for the empty distance between stars. Think we can get a recalc of this?

The formula is basically just accounting for an explosion from point A to point B, it's not perfect, but typical explosivie formulae break at such a distance

I mean, I think it's Pre-Crisis judging by the art style. But I'm not so sure.

Damn, finally a proper 4-B feat for Lanterns that ***** on Superman's 4-B

Guess Lanterns are destined to be decently into 4-B after all, while Superman is left in the dust.

Damn, finally a proper 4-B feat for Lanterns that ***** on Superman's 4-B

Guess Lanterns are destined to be decently into 4-B after all, while Superman is left in the dust.
Green Lantern > Superman gonna be wildin

To my knowledge, the charges against Sinestro in the comic issue are about his most recent breakout when allying with Madgod Sector 3600.

Sinestro took the sentient sector with him on his quest to destroy the Green Lantern Corps. The god would seep into a galaxy and take control of the natural forces there, allowing Sinestro to do anything he desired and conversely disrupting anything a Green Lantern attempted. Kilowog's new planet and people were destroyed. They destroyed the homeworld of one other Green Lantern, killing billions of inhabitants, and obliterated a spiral arm of a distant galaxy, killing trillions more. Over one hundred Green Lanterns are believed to have been killed during Sinestro's rampage, including ring wielders in the Green Lantern Corps of the Klyminade.

In The Green Lantern Corps #217, we see Sinestro testing out an improved weapon, attacking a planet with blasts causing shattering earthquakes, so I don't think we can attribute the destruction of an entire galaxy arm to Sinestro let alone one-shot destruction.

See the following storyline:
  • Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2
  • The Green Lantern Corps #216 - 222

Last edited:
Back