• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Animated Movies Light Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Alright this one's pretty straightforward.

It's already accepted that the Flash moves FTL when going all out, as he can time travel via sheer speed as shown by Professor Zoom explaining that Flash broke the "time barrier", analogous to the sound barrier. This is accepted as a minimum of FTL, and the Flash performs this feat on three occasions, with the latter two happening when the Flash was far from full strength.

In Justice League: War, Darkseid fires off Omega Beams at Flash and Superman. While Flash is able to barely outrun them, he has to go all out to do so, explaining afterwards that he's "never had to catch his breath before". Superman is able to avoid the Omega Beam for an extended period of time before being hit and knocked out by it. In the same movie, other characters like Cyborg, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are able to react to and move in tandem with Darkseid's Omega Beams. There are other instances of characters reacting to and tagging the Flash, such as Darkseid here and Superman tagging a bloodlusted, possessed Flash here.

The FTL stuff for Flash and speed downscaling to the Flash are both already accepted. However, they scale to the Weather Wizard feat, which was done by a very casual Flash. I'm suggesting that they now downscale to all-out Flash, making all characters that were previously MHS+, now Relativistic+. Flash is only an arbitrary amount above SoL, and SoL isn't a tier you can downgrade to given that it's only one given value out of infinitely many, so Relativistic+ makes the most sense.

Oh, and additionally, Flash + Professor Zoom should get Water Walking. This is shown for Flash above + here., and Zoom is stated to have Flash's powers.

Personally I'm hesitant on it since it's something not incredibly supported in the movies.

I'm fine with "likely Rel+" or something like that though.

Okay. We seem to have reached a conclusion here then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out.

So to clarify, their new ratings would be "At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely Relativistic+"?

So has this been properly applied now? If so, we should probably close this thread.

I definitely feel dodgy on this being straight up, I can see possibly Rel+ but I’d lean more to emphasising the MHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back