• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Void Manipulation

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
From the Void Manipulation page

Summary
Void Manipulation is power over the void, nothingness or non-existence.

• Existing in non-existence: The user might be capable of existing in a place outside of existence in general. Similarly a user might be capable of dragging something else into such a place.
Now, unless Zeno erases somebody, or a GoD hakais somebody, that person exists. So by that definition, shouldn't everyone who went to the World of Void, or a place that Zeno has erased, have void manipulation? Also by extension, all GoDs since existence erasure is a sub-application of void manipulation?

Worldofvoid
DDIX9LFVYAAbxPh
Burakark

I don't think that the World of Void qualifies as a true Void.

And I also think that Void Manipulation by existing in a void of nonexistence only qualifies if you are Erased from Existence but continue to exist. Or something.

It is a rather common fictional plot convenience to be able to exist and move in voids without time. As such, I do not think that we should slap "void manipulation" on any character that has ever come out of them unscathed.

Actually controlling the voids themselves, such as using them to erase other beings or objects does qualify however.

I think that we should probably revise the text in that powers and abilities page. Perhaps somebody could ask Reppuzan to participate here, as I think that he wrote it in the first place.

>workd without time

Thatd upgrade literally everyone to infinite speed.

The world of the void is not a standard void, although Zeno and busting the future could yield something.

We no longer accept moving in a void without time as infinite or immeasurable speed.

Case-by-case is fine, but only if the story itself states outright that moving in such a void requires the ability to transcend linear time.

True, despite it saying it lacks time or space, it at least has time, since there's a giant timer built in the middle of the stage, unless AT doesn't know how that works.

But even then, we have the scene where Zeno erases the multiverse.

Antvasima said:
Case-by-case is fine, but only if the story itself states outright that moving in such a void requires the ability to transcend linear time.
So... literally nothing?

Well, I think that it was mentioned for Giorno Giovanna, but given how common this plot convenience is within fiction, for othervise far slower characters, the story should at least acknowledge that what they are doing would not be possible for any finite level of speed.

this is absoulote specultation and please dont take it seriously but:

>Complete Void

>Lacks time space

>Tournament is held there

What if Dainshinkan is capable of making time and space there so the tournament can happen?

The writers that made this plot segment does not not know what a true world of void behavies, so we should not think to apply these.

It has not has been stated yet if Grand Priest can make space-time, even it's speculation. We need a solid confirmation.

That's a also a big assumption, so we shoud close this thread until more solid confirmations are present.

Yes and what difference would that make? Stored time still shouldnt work in a place where its not supposed to exist at all.

Even entering non existence where time doesn't exist would have logically destroyed Hits stored time the moment it was used there.

For once, I wasn't the one who wrote the text on that page.

However, I'm more than willing to revise it, but I'm a little hung up with school at the moment.

Give me a few days to mull it over and I'll come back again to post.

World of void isn't giving anyone any upgrades anytime soon.

Hasn't been much discussion on Zeno's feat though but probably not there, it's been contradicted twice.

Well, we are waiting for Reppuzan to get the time to revise the page text somewhat.

Back