• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right now, the speed stats for DBS characters are all basically upscaled from this calc if I'm understanding correctly

That calc scales Goku's and Beerus's speed based on the explosion that would have engulfed and destroyed Universe 7 if Goku didn't cancel it out

However, their AP is calculated to be 2C using the same feat, which states that they could have destroyed Universe 7 if Goku didn't cancel it out

What doesn't make sense to me is that the explosion's expansion speed is calculated to be a finite number despite the attack in question being able to affect and destroy a 2C, 3 universe structure

Even though the calc states:
"Since the realms are accepted as separated space times, to say that the blast of the explosion physically traveled there as the current calculation suggested doesn't work, as physical travel between separated space times is not possible under our standards, only being possible via dimensional travel, since this would make the blast go to there in a multitude of different position, i will do a low ball and a high ball, this first method will assume that the blast would dimensional travel to the center of the realms and expand from there to destroy it, and the second will assume that it would start at the edge of said realms"

Doesn't this still not explain anything since:

1. If I remember correctly, ALL of Universe 7 was gonna be destroyed, which includes the afterlife, which is infinite in size, so even if we assume the explosion somehow dimensionally travels to the center/edge of each realm, shouldn't being able to engulf infinitely sized realms implies that the blast expands at an infinite speed?

2. How would an explosion have the ability to dimensionally travel? Explosions don't have a mind of their own, or abilities of their own. Explosions are just, well, explosions. Not sure how else I can explain it. Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that the attack could simultaneously affect all of Universe 7 basically at the same time, especially considering how all of universe 7 was actively shaking during Goku's and Beerus's battle, and that theit battle could be sensed by the Kais, who exist outside of the living universe?

What I'm basically trying to say is: From my perspective, either DPS characters should be infinite speed, or they shouldn't use the explosion as a speed feat at all since it's kinda a weird way to calculate speed

No because we see the ripples travel through the universe at a finite speed.
This is true, but the absolute destruction of Universe 7 that was prevented by Goku would have needed to expand at infinite speeds assuming the afterlife is infinitely sized (which currently I'm being told isn't infinite so uh)

Right now, the speed stats for DBS characters are all basically upscaled from this calc if I'm understanding correctly

That calc scales Goku's and Beerus's speed based on the explosion that would have engulfed and destroyed Universe 7 if Goku didn't cancel it out

However, their AP is calculated to be 2C using the same feat, which states that they could have destroyed Universe 7 if Goku didn't cancel it out

What doesn't make sense to me is that the explosion's expansion speed is calculated to be a finite number despite the attack in question being able to affect and destroy a 2C, 3 universe structure

Even though the calc states:
"Since the realms are accepted as separated space times, to say that the blast of the explosion physically traveled there as the current calculation suggested doesn't work, as physical travel between separated space times is not possible under our standards, only being possible via dimensional travel, since this would make the blast go to there in a multitude of different position, i will do a low ball and a high ball, this first method will assume that the blast would dimensional travel to the center of the realms and expand from there to destroy it, and the second will assume that it would start at the edge of said realms"

Doesn't this still not explain anything since:

1. If I remember correctly, ALL of Universe 7 was gonna be destroyed, which includes the afterlife, which is infinite in size, so even if we assume the explosion somehow dimensionally travels to the center/edge of each realm, shouldn't being able to engulf infinitely sized realms implies that the blast expands at an infinite speed?
Afterlife is not accepted as Infinite in size for the main canon

2. How would an explosion have the ability to dimensionally travel? Explosions don't have a mind of their own, or abilities of their own. Explosions are just, well, explosions. Not sure how else I can explain it. Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that the attack could simultaneously affect all of Universe 7 basically at the same time, especially considering how all of universe 7 was actively shaking during Goku's and Beerus's battle, and that theit battle could be sensed by the Kais, who exist outside of the living universe?
......it is affecting all of the universe? Like.....where in the blog do i say it isn't? The blast would travel to other dimensions to blow it up.....so it travels, it is an explosion that was expanding, so..........i am not really sure what the doubt even is?

What I'm basically trying to say is: From my perspective, either DPS characters should be infinite speed, or they shouldn't use the explosion as a speed feat at all since it's kinda a weird way to calculate speed
.......what? No, it is an explosion, so it travels and covers space, therefoee calculable

in other news, i really should make the thread re adjusting the values with the new cosmology that was accepted.........will take a little while still tho

Back