• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Goku's actual speed?

Hello everyone. I just joined you. But I sometimes was surfing on your awesome site before. So forgive me if I'm not supposed to start this kind of discussion (I don't know all rules yet). But I wanted to know how fast goku is compared to the speed of light (as he now in dragon ball super).

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Do we have more precise informations? I heard he was at least 1 million time FTL considerign what Whis did.

We don't have any certain speed for Goku atm except for powerscaling. He is powerscaled from Beerus and Whis both of whom are MFTL+ (in billions of FTL range). But both Beerus and Whis are capable of flying in space for a long time. Goku hasn't been shown to fly in deep space in DBS (he had trouble holding breath in water). Whether Goku can survive in deep space or not is still a matter of question (Vegeta died in RoF after Earth exploded)

So with powerscaling- Goku is MFTL+ (questionable, depending on whether Goku can fly in space which is not verified yet)

Without powerscaling- relativistic to FTL from DBZ (he doesn't have any speed feat of his own in DBS)

That would be great if they had a way to fly in deed space. I mean it's time for db characters to fly from planets to planets without a ship.

Also, considering Beerus and Whis are "walls" Goku will have to surpass, he'll certainly have his own feats later in dbs.

Saiyan's won't probably get any space travelling feat until universe 6 arc. Whis is likely to be their medium of transport. Besides Goku can teleport so he doesn't even need space travelling that much. Vegeta does but he won't ever get as much as screetime as Goku. So space travel for saiyans without pods is unlikely in near future

But that will be weird if they'll always need Whis. Anyway by them self for the moment they obvioulsy can't (considering Vegeta died in deep space).

Whis is the fastest in universe, and is going to be their mentor very soon (by ep 16). So Whis is gonna be their medium for the time being. And Goku still probably can't survive in deep space. For example, Goku was out of breath underwater while Beerus wasn't.

We have to wait until Universe 6 arc to see if saiyans can fly in deep space. Until then, we won't know how fast Goku actually is. Powerscaling likely wont work as well

Back