• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Broly abilities addition

Whew ok I have a lot to respond to but I'm here for it lol.

My brother, adapting to this form of paralysis is no different than adapting above Telekinesis, he’s not using some magical hax to stop him from moving, hence me claiming its not “true paralysis” he’s just trapping him in his ki. Broly powers up and literally breaks out of this, via raw power. This isn’t RE.

This is just a form of ki manipulation or Telekineses.
No one in this entire thread said that he wasn't using Ki Manipulation for the ability, we can both agree on that. Regardless I fail to see how that matters as characters using their energy(whether it's ki, Magical, or hell even Psychic) to manipulate effects happen all the time. Even when you say "magical hax", odds are that said hax would be using mana or their magical energy to use the move to create the effect would they not? Like a character who uses mana to manipulate gravity would still have gravity manipulation, a character who used psychic energy to use paralysis would still have paralysis inducement.
I agree with this.
I'll put you in the agree for this ability.
Disagree. These aren’t afterimages, they’re just moving at FTE speeds and disappearing and reappearing.
I disagree with everything but heat manipulation
I'll put it in the vote tally then.
Yes, and in this case neither Goku nor Broly were leaving afterimages, they just vanished at FTE speed.
And even though it's been ages since it was used for the last time, DB always had a specific way to portray afterimages.
I'm really trying to understand you Saman. You agree that it's FTE speeds yet you disagree even though the ability states that Afterimages "naturally occurs when a character is moving too quickly for the eye to track accurately". I understand that it was used in a different way back in OG dragon ball, but during Z we see it use in the way we know, From Goku vs. Frieza, Goku vs. Cell, etc.
Goku can teleport even without putting his fingers on his head (see vs. Cell), it just helps him concentrate, though most of the times they have him do it to make it mroe recognizable.
I'm not denying that, but that's when there's like a good amount of time is taken, not when he's in the literal heat of battle, he always have the fingers when he's battling in the heat of the moment.
DB has the recurrent trope of special abilities not working on stronger opponents and AD, or rather Adaptability in this case, can still lead to developing a resistance, especially in a verse like DB.

Broly also doesn't showcase the ability anymore, and Reactive Evolution should still be a prerogative of characters who actively mutate, evolve (in a biological sense) or are specifically portrayed as being able to perform the "super adaptation" this ability requires.
I could've sworn that this notion of Stronger AP= Resistance to weaker character's hax was rejected on the wiki unless it was flat out stated by the verse(Like how bleach Reiatsu can nullify weaker abilities), I mean hell isn't that the literal reason why Jiren doesn't have Resistance to EE despite being stronger than Toppo? And that was the only time that hax was used on Broly against an opponent. Every other instance of him fighting has been primarly combat.
Broly has adaption and RPL, we physically see him struggling to break out of the ki wall, seemingly powers up as he goes to produce a large shockwave but still cannot break out, and after a while Broly lets out a yell and visibly breaks out of it. Not ignoring it by gaining some resistance like the OP is implying, he physically breaks out of it.
In this case broly isn’t adapting above anything but the strength of the ki holding him. This would just be RPL which he already has.
RPL increases abilities and resistances that a character already has not gain new ones. Unless you wanna say that Broly already had resistance to Paralysis Inducement before he even fought Goku then I'm all ears. And I never said that he ignored the God Bind. Please keep in mind that being unaffected by a hax isn't the only way to show resistance. I'm saying that he experienced the God Bind, got resistance to it and broke out of it. From what I've seen from your comments(Just so I don't misunderstand what you say) it seems that you don't even consider this even a resistance at all but more so a feat of strength itself. If that isn't the case then I apologize, but if it is, can you provide me a statement or anything that states that Goku's God Bind can only work if the character's isn't strong enough to break out of it via sheer power?

Also thank you all who are participating on the thread for your input, whether you agree or disagree I appreciate it. I also have to sleep now, and any comment after I'll respond in a few hours

Buddy, it’s only paralysis via trapping him in ki, Broly only has to overpower it by becoming stronger than it.
Burden of proof and I already explained even if you argue that
I don’t see how Broly having adaptation and AD discredits the fact Broly adapted to it but yeah Broly is already stronger than Goku at this point so Broly not getting out when Goku trapped him proves this is resistance (I hate arguing stuff that’s already accepted but I shall do it anyways) Him taking a bit before he breaks out and remaining calm until he breaks out proves it’s resistance it’s merely just him adapting and it shows he can adapt to power and abilities and when Broly adapts to this ability he’s shown using it against Goku so even if you wanted to argue Broly overpowered it by being stronger (even though I explained how it was a resistance) He still gained a new ability via adapting to his situation and trapping Goku with PL and punching him so it’s RE either way

Broly did not surpass Godku until later that fight, what? What evidence is there showcasing this?
The burden of you is to prove he’s resisting his ki, which literally doesn’t happen. He gets trapped inside of his ki wave and visibly breaks out of it, I personally don’t see what you’re trying to imply.

Anyways, this doesn’t seem to be agreed by anyone and with the lack of staff input it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere so I’ll be unfollowing.

Broly did not surpass Godku until later that fight, what? What evidence is there showcasing this?
The burden of you is to prove he’s resisting his ki, which literally doesn’t happen. He gets trapped inside of his ki wave and visibly breaks out of it, I personally don’t see what you’re trying to imply.

Anyways, this doesn’t seem to be agreed by anyone and with the lack of staff input it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere so I’ll be unfollowing.
There isn’t any evidence showing Broly or Goku is stronger Goku was getting folded and went ssjg and dodged one attack and went to god bind and then later got violated and

God Bind is a special move designed to put your opponent in place i have no idea why you’re claiming it’s ap based and the wiki doesn’t accept it either so again it’d be your burden of proof to prove it but I guess it wouldn’t really matter either way because Broly adapted to Goku and gained a new ability which qualifies for RE either way though I don’t expect you to respond and you don’t need to
  • Developing new powers or abilities
  • Developing new resistances
  • Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.

I agree with Minor Heat Generation, i'm neutral on Afterimage Creation and i disagree with Reactive Evolution

Back