• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Anime Lifting Strength

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
I was wondering why DBS anime profiles still have unknown LS.
Is it due to the inconsistency in the original manga, like the 40/400 tons thing on Great Kai's planet?

Because for DBS Chou it is allowed to use feats from within (like Dai Kai and Yuzun's feats) despite it being also a sequel to DBZ manga.

Plus, we have plenty of LS feats from DBS anime that could be used.

I just remembered Vegeta being unable to lift Magetta, but it is also in Chou and the profiles ignore it.
(And others made me notice that the Metalmen's weight is referred as "At least", so Magetta might have been heavier)

Goku 40 tons in orginal manga was 4000 tons since Guidebook stated he was experiencing 100x gravity

Even Tao Pai Pai apparently has a Class M lifting strength feat. But it needs a proper calculation.

Zamasu also collected the Super Dragon balls and moved them to a remote Planet. Whether he Used TK or not shouldn't really matter.

Can someone calc how heavy the suits that sunk through beerus planet are ? The ones goku and vegeta were wearing when they were training with whis
They should weigh more than the Ground can handle considering they didn't stop sinking it should result in a lot.

They should weigh more than the Ground can handle considering they didn't stop sinking it should result in a lot.
So would a calc have to be done trying to figure out the "ground" that is being sunken? Would that Require seismic calcing? How would one even try to figure out the ground they are on? Wouldn't it be a at least planetary?

So would a calc have to be done trying to figure out the "ground" that is being sunken? Would that Require seismic calcing? How would one even try to figure out the ground they are on? Wouldn't it be a at least planetary?
It would be comparable to the Mass of the Planet if it sunk all the way through which is possible since it never stopped sinking

It would be comparable to the Mass of the Planet if it sunk all the way through which is possible since it never stopped sinking
Ahhhh thats wat I figured. So the question is, what kind of planet we dealing with lol cus isn't Beerus's planet kinda like within hiscown nebula or somethin? Its been a hot minute since I done anything on Beerus's realm/planet lol

Dragon Ball Lifting Strength scaling is the worst kind of powerscaling.

Buu Saga Goku is capable of lifting 4000 tons as a Super Saiyan (as pointed out above) and would be able to lift 80 tons in base, downscaling by fifty-fold. Vegeta in the Android Saga was capable of withstanding 300g, which would make him 18 tons heavy. Buu Saga Goku only being 4x stronger than Android Saga Vegeta is weird. This is further screwed by Super Saiyan Vegeta during the Tournament of Destroyers failing to lift Magetta, who weighs at least 1,000 tons, and then Super Saiyan Kale lifts him up with one arm and tosses him with ease. But then, there are supposed to be feats on this level in the original Dragon Ball, as pointed out by Medeus. And then at this point, we might as well just rank everybody at Unknown for the sake of sanity.

Dragon Ball Lifting Strength scaling is the worst kind of powerscaling.

Buu Saga Goku is capable of lifting 4000 tons as a Super Saiyan (as pointed out above) and would be able to lift 80 tons in base, downscaling by fifty-fold. Vegeta in the Android Saga was capable of withstanding 300g, which would make him 18 tons heavy. Buu Saga Goku only being 4x stronger than Android Saga Vegeta is weird. This is further screwed by Super Saiyan Vegeta during the Tournament of Destroyers failing to lift Magetta, who weighs at least 1,000 tons, and then Super Saiyan Kale lifts him up with one arm and tosses him with ease. But then, there are supposed to be feats on this level in the original Dragon Ball, as pointed out by Medeus. And then at this point, we might as well just rank everybody at Unknown for the sake of sanity.
I do agree and that's why for the magetta situation, in general, the other feats being above 1000 tons should hold more weight. Wouldn't that b somethin you could use within a discussion or counter to 1000 ton downplay?

Goku 40 tons in orginal manga was 4000 tons since Guidebook stated he was experiencing 100x gravity
Can you link me the Guidebook that stats that it was 4000 tons? I feel like this is one of those fake made up statements

Can you link me the Guidebook that stats that it was 4000 tons? I feel like this is one of those fake made up statements
The gravity statement is real (It was somewhere directly explained in the manga), from there on you just multiply the gravity with the mass to get your answer in newtons which you then convert back to kgf.

Also what about the pretty Blackhole? I know its not a real black hole but it's "gravity" was strong enough to affect Beams who travel at MFTL speeds and also prevented Goku from Teleporting.

Is it possible to quantify it?

Last edited:
The gravity statement is real (It was somewhere directly explained in the manga), from there on you just multiply the gravity with the mass to get your answer in newtons which you then convert back to kgf.
I am pretty sure it was a Fan made statement based on the fact that King Kai's planet has 10x Gravity.

Else people would have instantly brought it up the moment Deathbattle used that feat to lowball Goku

Also what about the pretty Blackhole? I know it's not a real black hole but it's "gravity" was strong enough to affect Beams who travel at MFTL speeds and also prevented Goku from Teleporting.

Is it possible to quantify it?
From what I remember, Goku wasn't actually lifting it up but he was only withstanding it, so it's only a durability/endurance feat.

From what I remember, Goku wasn't actually lifting it up but he was only withstanding it, so it's only a durability/endurance feat.
He was standing in it. It's technically the same as if he has weights on his limbs and can keep standing instead of crawling on the ground. In both cases he is working against gravity by "lifting his body"

Last edited:
Also what about the pretty Blackhole? I know its not a real black hole but it's "gravity" was strong enough to affect Beams who travel at MFTL speeds and also prevented Goku from Teleporting.
Goku being prevented from using Instant Transmission just seems like... Power Nullification? Was there ever a reason Goku could not teleport out, like the gravity preventing his ability to sense Ki or just straight up his ability to teleport, or was it just, "Oh, I can't use Instant Transmission"?

Goku being prevented from using Instant Transmission just seems like... Power Nullification? Was there ever a reason Goku could not teleport out, like the gravity preventing his ability to sense Ki or just straight up his ability to teleport, or was it just, "Oh, I can't use Instant Transmission"?
It was still absorbing matter and MFTL energy beams . Multiple characters ( the GoD of U2 , Whis and the 3 Clowns that performed that technique) also said that it was due to its weight.

To be fair, most antifeats are often played off as gags; and this seems to hold true in the lifting strength department as well. There's Class 100 feats in the original Dragon Ball. And apparently, someone informed me that General Tao throwing the giant pillar 2300 Kilometers was calculated at Class M but have yet to seen source or work for that. But it is possible using the F = MA formula. For the most part, it's high density weapons, training gear, and large sized characters that tend to feel millions of times heavier than what they're stated to weigh compared to stuff like giant rocks and mountains. Even the existence of Great Apes kinda makes them Class M or above by sheer size alone.

But regardless, I agree lifting strength in Dragon Ball has one of the worst scaling chains ever given how all over the place and back and forth it is, but it logically should just be stronger AP is stronger lifting strength. Side note, I think the calc of base Goku moving those giant plates on King Kai's planet was calculated at Class G. And it was calculated assuming it has the same density as the infamous 10 ton bands. Furthermore, it should be noted that blocking a high tiered punch or stopping a giant energy ball/beam is technically a lifting strength feat; dividing the length of the beam, length of the arm, or radius of the ball would leave with the Mass*Acceleration aka Force. But that would also technically be Calc Stacking and we'd be inflating lifting strength for a bunch of other verses by this logic most likely.

To be fair, most antifeats are often played off as gags; and this seems to hold true in the lifting strength department as well. There's Class 100 feats in the original Dragon Ball. And apparently, someone informed me that General Tao throwing the giant pillar 2300 Kilometers was calculated at Class M but have yet to seen source or work for that. But it is possible using the F = MA formula. For the most part, it's high density weapons, training gear, and large sized characters that tend to feel millions of times heavier than what they're stated to weigh compared to stuff like giant rocks and mountains. Even the existence of Great Apes kinda makes them Class M or above by sheer size alone.

But regardless, I agree lifting strength in Dragon Ball has one of the worst scaling chains ever given how all over the place and back and forth it is, but it logically should just be stronger AP is stronger lifting strength. Side note, I think the calc of base Goku moving those giant plates on King Kai's planet was calculated at Class G. And it was calculated assuming it has the same density as the infamous 10 ton bands. Furthermore, it should be noted that blocking a high tiered punch or stopping a giant energy ball/beam is technically a lifting strength feat; dividing the length of the beam, length of the arm, or radius of the ball would leave with the Mass*Acceleration aka Force. But that would also technically be Calc Stacking and we'd be inflating lifting strength for a bunch of other verses by this logic most likely.
Can't we just say "At least Class M or G " (or whatever it is ) instead of "unknown"

He was standing in it. It's technically the same as if he has weights on his limbs and can keep standing instead of crawling on the ground. In both cases he is working against gravity by "lifting his body"
There was a calc in comicvine which gave in the quadrillion of tons.

Black Hole

its actually 34 trillion but that's only in base with the accepted Multipliers this would be in the Quadrillion or higher.
That isn't a real Black Hole, as it lacks characteristics of a real Black hole (such as, intense gravity not just inside the Black Hole, but outside of it as well, not letting light escape from below the event horizon, cannot be physically broken, as the event horizon isn't anything physical)

That isn't a real Black Hole, as it lacks characteristics of a real Black hole (such as, intense gravity not just inside the Black Hole, but outside of it as well
Actually, about this, the Pretty Black Hole actually caused Blue Goku's Kamehameha to severely bend at the outsides, and IIRC, some calc members agreed that it had enough characteristics to qualify as a black hole but ultimately it didn't work out regardless because Goku didn't exactly grab it and toss it aside, he only made it dissipate.

some calc members agreed that it had enough characteristics to qualify as a black hole
If for any reason the statement is unreliable, typical black hole properties such as bending light also outside the event horizon, having the appropriate gravitational pull for a black hole of its given size, displaying Hawking Radiation, and so on can help to support the statement.
In the event that there is not a statement about a black hole-like object actually being a black hole at all, one could still argue it to be a black hole if the method of creation is known. If, for instance, it is created by extreme compression of an appropriate amount of matter or due to the collapse of a large star, the assumption that the resulting mass is a black hole would be reasonable. However, a creation by high concentration of energy should not be considered without a supporting statement that the object in question is a black hole.
somethin' ain't checking out

Why can't we just calc wise treat it as a black hole? It's gravitational power is at the very least comparable to an actual black hole since it prevented Goku from teleporting and also tried to attract their mftl beams.

Is it possible to calculate the force necessarry to pull a mftl beam into it and use it to calculate Goku's lifting strength? Just asking , since I don't know whether it's possible

Back