• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D'Arby vs Bond (In poker)

Why do we see so many Poker matches against the old D'Arby, but no videogame matches against the younger one? Gamers truly are the most oppressed minority. Anyway. Interesting match, want to think about it a bit more though. Does Bond know about Osiris and how it works? And has he bet his soul on it?

Gamers rise up

I dunno really. Video game D'Arby would be an interesting character to use. I'm just such a Bond fan that this makes more sense

Yes he has waged his soul and he knows how it works

Hm, then he'd definitely be very tense, but he's definitely got a poker face as good as Jotaro's, and knows Poker really well. However, unlike Jotaro, he has no reason to press him to know the secret of Dio's power, which was probably the only thing that could have ever had D'Arby go THAT ballistic. Between that, and the fact that Daniel cheats (even if Bond were to notice, what would he do?), and is probably a bit more experienced at Poker, I think he takes this one 6/10 times.

That's fair. The only thing I'd say is that James beat LeCheif. Someone who is a mathematical genius and Bond was the only one who could find his bluff.

I'd say James is better then even Joseph. Even in that episode it says D'Arby's tricks were good and almost impossible to see through unless you're amazing at Poker. Which James has won countless games on.

Yeah that's true, I say they're about equal, and Bond is definitely better than (Old) Joseph. However, D'Arby is also just as good at cheating, and he always corrupts the one dealing the cards and the like, which is another advantage. If it weren't for that I'd vote incon.

D'arby has another advantage, this time, unlike with Jotaro, he's against someone who can't see stands: Which gives him the advantage to when he's not looking to quickly change his cards if he ever gets a bad hand.

He's never actually seen controlling Osiris, though, is he? Might not be able to, Osiris might just be an automatic stand.

Hm, the possibility is there... but I just thought he never used it to cheat due to being against stand users, especially considering Jotaro has Star Platinum's vision which could detect Osiris in like, half a second.

Going with Barbie because he can cheat via:

- Paying the card dealer before the match

- Using Osiris to switch cards if he ever gets a bad hand

- Etc.

To be fair paying the card dealer would be done in prep time, but I still think Bond's got it more often than not.

Er, oops, I meant D'Arby. Darn, I always end up voting against Bond, huh?

Back