• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witch time dominates Quick silver

Nevertheless, Bayonetta literally summons the bosses that Dante needs a level to complete,and if she wanted to, she can fight nude....

So bay

Great & Lovable Peridot said:
Nevertheless, Bayonetta literally summons the bosses that Dante needs a level to complete,and if she wanted to, she can fight nude....

So bay
I was under the impression that Time Stop>Slow Down time?

Yeah imma say Bayonetta via soul and molecular attacks (Unless Dante has a resistance to those i'm not the most knowledgable on DMC so i don't know) as well as higher speed and superior time manipulation.

DMC2 Dante is potentially a much higher tier than Bayonetta is. I am talking MSS-Universe+ and thats in base alone.. Dude managed to speed blitz someone who his dad had trouble with.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
DMC2 Dante is potentially a much higher tier than Bayonetta is. I am talking MSS-Universe+ and thats in base alone.. Dude managed to speed blitz someone who his dad had trouble with.
are you high?

KaenDragneel123 said:
Austrian-Man-Meat said:
are you high?
I wish I was. My thead has most people thinking DMC2 Dante is around the MSS range....

But then again lets wait till its there.

in 6C forms Dante is slightly ahead in terms of AP and durability but bayonetta is slightly faster.So i think it comes down to hax,both appear to have time manipulation and as i am unfamiliar with both frachises i wouldn't comment on it.so leaving that,from what i see bayonetta's biggest weapon will be molecular destruction and intangibilty but dante has instantaneous regenration and yamato to counter them respectively.and it's hard to cpare their battle skills,at this time really torn,would like to see further arguments before casting a vote.

Pietro Maximoff said:

So bay
When has Quicksilver ever stopped time?

Bayonetta, unless Dante pulls DDT. Her Witch Time can be layered onto one another, so Quick Silver is nullified within the 2nd layer. Witch Time is activated by thought, as seen in cutscene, so that is definitely faster than Quicksilver. She can tank a building and probably more, still going all out after getting hit by a sattelite's laser beam, take 3 devastating beams consecutively from one half of the God that created the human realm and gave human free will and yet she only lost a bit of blood, no wounds was shown and could stand up and sass back at said God. She punches megatons and gigatons, I'm not sure how Dante can take that. Her summon headbutted a meteor while they were in the air and still fine. Her other summon volleyball-ed the platfom that was holding the Gates of Hell so hard, its position changed from downward to upward, not to mention breaking the barrier protecting such Gates at the same time. Said summon is said to have the ability to pulverize mountain, guess that's true. Her thighs are so strong she used it to grabs an incoming space station, changed its direction and threw it back at the God whom already robbed the Eyes of The World from her and her father. That was a few things she demonstrated in her 2 games, asides from being a casual bullet timer. I don't know much about Dante, but I know that his DDT form is said to be invicible and invulnerable. The thing is Bayonetta has the exact accessory to give her limitless magic and demonic energy while helps her stay in her super form. On the other hands, DDT can only be triggered when Dante is desperate enough. And the fact that Dante has to resort to DDT proves how powerful a foe Bayonetta is. The real questions are, does DDT work like Dante's other DT, as in he can only activate it in a short amount of time, or it's on as long as his health is in danger ? Either way, I believe Bayonetta may have more winning chances than what people give her.

Pietro Maximoff said:

So bay
When has Quicksilver ever stopped time?
Yea, it just slows down to a huge degree if I'm remembering correctly?

Bayo can stop time as well, and she's faster than Dante so she's got a much better chance of stopping time before he does.

WeeklyBattles said:
Bayo can stop time as well, and she's faster than Dante so she's got a much better chance of stopping time before he does.

When has Bayonetta ever fully stopped time? She can slow it down to ridiculous lengths but she never stopped it. And in fights vs Balder she has clearly shown no resistance against time based attacks.

Dante on the other hand has been fighting time manipulators ever since he was a newbie. More expierence and can actually stop time via Bangle.

The only reason Bayonetta couldn't stop Balder's Light Speed is because they are practiced differently to counter each other. Jeanne did Witch Time Bayo the 1st time they met, and yet Bayo could still move freely within Jeanne's Witch Time. So assuming Bayo can not resist time based attacks is too vast. The Umbra Witches and The Lumen Sages are supposed to be each other's counters, this is all referenced all over the game, from the sun/moon motif to how they punish Balder and Rosa (Balder was exiled, his punishment was cutting his ties with the clans that he's once closed with, while Rosa was imprisoned, her freedom was taking away from her). So it's reasonable to say Umbra Witch can only be taken advantaged by Lumen Sage's Light Speed, and vice versa. Saying Umbra Witches, especially one that are in such a high level like Bayo and Jeanne, are vulnerable towards time based attacks is not convincing enough.

The Bangle, if we truly believed the lore, then it could not slow down Bayo or Jeanne at all. Because in lore, Umbra Witch Eve crafted it, so the Bangle's magic and mechanism must be based on Umbra Witch's magic and technology. Basically the Bangle gives Dante the ability to use a weaker version of Witch Time, and Witch Time is proven to be ineffective against other Umbra Witch, not to mention ones that are as strong as Bayo. Now, supposed Dante can use the Bangle, he definitely is not gonna use it before her. Bayo's bread and butter is Witch Time. It's how she's brought up. If something happened between the two of them, the one that is most believable to slow down time would be Bayo, since it's within her instict. When Bayo use Witch Time, Dante is done.

Quicksilver is not exactly like witch time nor is Dante a umbra witch so saying Bayonetta can counter it is just being assumptious.

Also the bangle of time was merely a DMC nod in Bayonetta and therefore should not be assosciated with the DMC bangle of time. Therefore Bayonetta can still be effected by it.

During her fight with Saipentia she used Witch Time just before the fight and can use it again during the fight.

At 10:09 when she jumped to the helicopter and arrived there before Luka and Cereza did, even though they left long before Bayonetta fought Saipentia. She used Witch Time to fight Saipentia and defeated him before they even reached the helicopter. Note she used Witch Time during the fight as well.

in the fight against Belief at the Prologue chapter of Bayo2, Bayo was already Witch Time the place too and then in the actual fight we as players could still use Witch Time. She might have Witch Time Jeanne's body during the fight with Gomorrah, just like how she Witch Time only Balder to finish him off in Bayo1. Bayo's time hax game is basically stronger than Dante. The Bangle of Time requires Dante to punch the ground to activate it, so as soon as Bayo see Dante having a similar equipment to her Bracelet of Time, she could still think "I want this silver haired boy to stop" and then Dante would be instantly Witch Time. The only hope for Dante to match Bayo's Witch Time is Quicksilver, even then she could still layer it to make Dante stood still. I don't think time hax wise, Dante can beat Bayo because this has been her game since 500 years ago.

How is Bayonetta going to layer over Dante's frozen time? You're making assumptions she can just because you think that the DMC bracelet of time works like the Bayonetta one...

Aren't all of these fights based on assumption though? Well, at least fights that are this close. Poeple interpret feats however they want to make one character seem better than the other. It's all opinionated. Regardless, if Bayo can stack Witch Time's, than her time hax is greater than Dante's. That's all there is to it. There's no point arguing what works in whichever universe because frankly, they are facing off against people from entirely different universes from what we can tell so far, meaning that what works in one universe isn't going to abide by those same rules in the other universe, because they have completely different rules and the like. Dante has DT and the Majin form but, invulnerability doesn't mean you can't be physically touched at all, that's intangibility. It means that they can't be harmed by things, but it never states they're resistant to force. So, as long as Bayo keeps her distance and keeps forcing Dante away from her, she can win. Logically speaking, if she keeps teleporting around via her portals and gets in the occasional kick on Dante to force him away, she can outlast both of his abilities. Sparda might be his saving grace, but even then, Bayo has consistently shown faster speed and reaction times as well as arguably better time hax along with strength. All signs point to her winning in my book, albeit with moderate to extreme difficulty depending on certain situations.

Stacking witch time may slow down time to an incredible degree but completely stopping time altogether is a completely different thing. And to say that Bayonetta can activate Witch Time while time has stopped is an assumption that needs proof. Also saying that both bangles are the exact same thing due to coincidences.

I do agree that Bayonetta has shown faster speeds.

(Paragraphs pls for above)

I believe it was stated that her Witch Time increases her perception to an extreme degree, and not only this, but this very wiki AND many others state Witch Time as a time stop/time slow ability. Why they've come to this conclusion, I don't know. You'd have to ask them.

Then with those faster speeds, the argument can be made that she'll be able to activate her abilities before Dante's.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I believe it was stated that her Witch Time increases her perception to an extreme degree, and not only this, but this very wiki AND many others state Witch Time as a time stop/time slow ability. Why they've come to this conclusion, I don't know. You'd have to ask them.
Then with those faster speeds, the argument can be made that she'll be able to activate her abilities before Dante's.
Many flaws in your first argument. You cant use a wiki as definate proof. And also stopping time completely > slowing down time. Prove to me Bayonetta can stop it completely.

Yes you can argue she can use the abilities before Dante can. But the possibility of Dante activating it are high because of his regenerational abilities etc.

The wiki is literally the only place it's stated. I don't have the game so, I don't know if Bayonetta has in-game descriptions and I'm not going to go buy it just to prove an argument to someone over fictional characters.

Like I said, you'd have to ask someone with way more knowledge on bayonetta than me. Regardless, it's listed in her abilities, meaning it was accepted by the members of this community. I trust the members here and that of the OBD aren't deceitful, because who would want their reliability to be at stake?

Bayonetta also has high possibilities. Every fight has many possibilities unless it involves a character that can actively manipulate possibilities or fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back