• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Nagato (Pain) (7 - 0 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Match Rules

• Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 3 Danny Phantom
  • Edo Tensei Nagato
  • Battle Location: Forest
  • Starting Distance: 100 Meters

Votes

Danny Phantom: 7 (Mitreya, Soulgizmo, Expectro2000xxx, Peppersalt43, Popted2, Dragon, LordGriffin1000,

Nagato (Pain):

Inconclusive:

Danny_render.gif

Edo_Nagato_Uzumaki_Naruto132.png

Last edited:
Now THIS is a good one. What I like about this is the fact that Danny can fight Edo Tenseis because of the Fenton Works Technology, which allows him to seal ghosts, and Nagato is basically the equivalent of a ghost as an Edo Tensei.

I don't know what stops nagato from just almighty pulling Danny and just ripping his soul out. Has Danny ever resisted that?

I don't know what stops nagato from just almighty pulling Danny and just ripping his soul out. Has Danny ever resisted that?
If you read the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) that is linked to Danny's profile, under the Resistance section you will see that ghosts are unaffected by the effects gravity when they choose to be so Nagato's Pull (Gravity Manipulation) won't work. As for Soul Rip, Danny has layered resistance due to putting up a resistance against Poindexter's Possession which resulted in him removing Danny's soul from his body, and when Poindexter tried a second time, Danny reversed it in moments. So Soul Rip won't work, and even if it did that would just separate Danny Phantom from Danny Fenton which won't stop Danny Phantom from fighting as the two have separated before and still could act.

Bump.

Statistics Difference

Danny:

Mountain level/161.75288002 Megatons AP

Island level/16.1 Gigatons with Ghostly Wail

Class K Lifting Strength

Nagato:

Large Mountain level+/2.65 Gigatons AP

Island level/15.255 Gigatons with Chibaku Tensei

Class G Lifting Strength

If you read the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) that is linked to Danny's profile, under the Resistance section you will see that ghosts are unaffected by the effects gravity when they choose to be so Nagato's Pull (Gravity Manipulation) won't work. As for Soul Rip, Danny has layered resistance due to putting up a resistance against Poindexter's Possession which resulted in him removing Danny's soul from his body, and when Poindexter tried a second time, Danny reversed it in moments. So Soul Rip won't work, and even if it did that would just separate Danny Phantom from Danny Fenton which won't stop Danny Phantom from fighting as the two have separated before and still could act.
Okay, if Danny resists Gravity and Soul Hax, what could Nagato do here?

It seems like Danny has the edge out.

His Ghostly Wail scales higher than Nagato’s own AP and Danny has pretty good resistances to a lot of Nagato’s main moves.

He also has other advantages like being able to go intangible as well as being able to freeze people inside out.

Would Nagato's Absorption work against Danny's powers and physiology?
Can we even equate Ectoplasm/Ectoplasmic Energy to Chakra? If so, then he's be able to absorb his energy attacks, if not then no.

Last edited:
Can’t Danny seal Nagato with the Fenton Works technology? It’s how he defeats all his ghost enemies and sends them back to the Ghost Dimension.

Can’t Danny seal Nagato with the Fenton Works technology? It’s how he defeats all his ghost enemies and sends them back to the Ghost Dimension.
I'm unsure if we can even treat Edos like Danny Phantom ghosts.

Can we even equate Ectoplasm/Ectoplasmic Energy to Chakra? If so, then he's be able to absorb his energy attacks, if not then no.
Chakra is supposed to be partially spiritual from what I know, so maybe? Don't know exactly how much different is ectoplasm energy although the description of the ectoplasm manipulation in the ghost physiology page make it look similar to Chakra (except the molecular part since I don't know if Chakra reach that level of manipulation).

That aside though Danny seem to have the slight advantage so will vote to him.

Well, apparently since the OP can vote I guess I'll vote Danny for reasons above. However since I'd rather still give reasons anyway for my vote.

Nagato has the overall advantage in terms of power and skill when it comes to using his abilities effectively, and while he may not be able to do actual "harm" to Danny, he easily possesses enough strength to destroy his body which will force Danny to restore himself. Add in Nagato having infinite stamina while Danny has a finite amount, Nagato could ware him down and potentially score a win, especially if he plays off Danny's overconfidence. His eyes also allows him to see invisible beings so a sneak attack isn't really effective.

However, the reason I say Danny wins more times then not is thanks to his Ghost Physiology. While he isn't strong enough to take Nagato's attacks, his regeneration will allow him to hold up so long as he has the energy/stamina to spare, and things such as body control and intangibility can allow him to avoid attacks easier. He's resistant to Gravity Manipulation and Soul Removal, and can overshadow Nagato. He has shields that can block attacks above the likes of Nagato's and reflect attacks. Lastly, his Ghostly Wail is a one shot that will negate Nagato's regeneration and although it isn't in character for Danny to use that move from the start, he'll eventually realize he'd need it when he sees just how strong Nagato is.

Now this vote doesn't take into account on how we'd treat Ectoplasm to Chakra but if we did allow that I don't think the outcome would change greatly. While Nagato would be capable of absorbing Danny's energy, Danny's anti-ghost tech would become effective against Nagato so they'd both gain something.

Overall, I see Danny holding an advantage. With that vote, the match has entered Grace Period.

Alright, Grace should be over so I'll add this to the profiles and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back