• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa games additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Did anyone make a DR revisions? No? Gonna do mine then:

Chiaki and Usami​

Both should get Inorganic physiology for being data (Chiaki has a key for SDR2).

Also, Usami came back at the end of SDR2 despite being deleted in Chiaki's punishment prior to this. Shouldn't this give her some form of Resurrection or Regeneration?

Komaru Naegi​

Social influencing: Being the leader of a whole city during a war and a candidate for Hope/Despair? Sure qualify for this.

Toko/Geno Jack​

Resistance to Electricity: Jack is unaffected by electric attacks launched at her in UDG (see the final boss fight for example)

Exorcism: [exorcised the ghost possessing Komaru] at the start of Towa Tower; although she doesn't believe it works.

Makoto n Hajime thing​

You see the Mind Reading on Makoto's page? I was kinda dumb to put it like this. It's actually more akin to Analectycal Prediction because of how he can only knows what others think after spending time with them. Same should apply to Hajime, who does the same in his School Mode.

4th Wall Breaking for a lot of people​

Sooo, 4th Wall Breaking in DR happens a lot, and I do mean a lot. I'm not including questionning like "Are we character in a game" from SDR2 last trial or Monokuma stuff which can be interpreted as Junko knowing that it's a show/virtual reality in DR1 and 2.

Hajime asking himself if his characterization was always like this (NSFW), Toko talking about how the developpers made part of the game such as here (it also happens with Genocide Jack), Kotoko talking about how the Motivation scene doesn't make the game 18+, how losing it makes a Game Over and how she is 18 to justify Toko cutting her clothes.

The Naegis, childrens in general and some others characters also do it, but I wasn't able to re-find the exact scenes.

Anyway, I think some character should get Minor 4th Wall Breaking or just give it to the majority of them because of these kind of instances.

4th Wall Breaking removal for the only 4th-Wall based DR​

Tsumugi Shirogane ironically doesn't truly have 4th Wall Breaking.

Her justification is that "Has heightened senses of fiction and reality, and this scales to her Ultimate talent". Except that it comes from being the mastermind of DR V3, she knows it's a fiction because it's a show she created. There's no 4th Wall Breaking about it.

Powers for V3 characters​

Angie should get Social Influencing because of the whole cult she created during the Killing Game. While she has Mind and Empathic Manipulation, this part clearly isn't that surnatural, with the more rationnal characters not joining her side.

Shuichi should get limited Information Analysis like every protagonist in Danganronpa. Also Idk if the Love suite thing can give him anything?

V3 Monokuma should have Exorcism for doing so in the Cultural Meeting Pot punishment.

also i'm not sure about the usami thing it could be that the NWP created a new usami due to the force shutdown i think a
possibly regeneration/resurrection is fine

Inorganic Physiology for Chiaki and Usami is fine, they are literal program/AI. But Usami came back after getting deleted requires outside help from the killing game participants + Kyoko, Makoto and Byakuya. Not sure if we can add an ability that relies on outside help.

Agree with changing mind reading to Analetycal Prediction for Hajime and Makoto. I also find it weird that they have it in the first place.

But I cannot say anything about the rest of proposal due lacking knowledge in Ultra Despair Girl & V3 game.

Pretty sure Usami coming back was a result of Hajime and co literally rewritting the game so she would come back. Not exactly resurrection.

Rest of this seems fine.

I can agree with most of these, since most of these are straightforward, and they make a lot of sense. You should also definitely fix the school mode thing, and make it consistent.

About the UDG ghost part, I don't know if I should take it as a joke or not. But the ghost was real, I don't know if her chanting was effective or not, because even she was confident it wouldn't work.

Not sure about the Resurrection, if you want to add it, you may need to be more specific (extremely specific), on what conditions are needed to trigger that sort of thing.

But Crimson, if I remember the game's lore correctly, I'm pretty sure Hajime (Hinata) could not have rewritten the killing game/program prior to SDGR2 so that Usami would come back in the final meeting? No? I'm pretty sure that was the function of the shutdown sequence.

The V3 part, I can agree with. But I don't know about the 4th wall (V3) so I'll stay neutral on that part.

Last edited:
I've honestly forgot since it's been so long, but i don't think Usagi's revival was on her control. I'll recheck later.

No, you're actually right that Usami wasn't in control, but it wasn't known who made the feature that Usami was to revive on shutdown sequence.

No resurrection seems better then.

Besides this, everything seems accepted?
UDG ghost issue is more Toko not believing it really works, which would be a weakness on her profile imo.

It seems like this has been accepted, yes.

Minor Revision Conclusion: (Just to see if others are in mutual agreement)
  • Chiaki and Usami: Inorganic physiology addition.
    • Resurrection denied. It could've been an avatar creation caused by shutdown sequence, so it's unknown if it's really resurrection.​
  • Komaru Naegi: Social Influencing
  • Toko/Genocider's resistance. And exorcism that she doesn't know how to utilize properly.
  • Make the school mode thing consistent, if you're going to add them.
  • Ultra Despair Girls 4th Wall addition (Nothing too major)
  • Angie revision (Ability revision). I think that this one needs a fix, the quality of V3 characters were only subpar compared to the other profiles because the V3 characters were rushed into being created, their abilities weren't double-checked properly.

• V3 4th Wall removal. Honestly, I don't know how to handle this, nothing changes too much by removing this. We could just remove it, but if someone has problems with this being removed, someone should make another revision, yes?

I think you can do the honor of editing the profiles, Yuri.

Last edited:
about the Resurrection i think it could've been her ability but it's unknown so i suggest we put a possibly on that it would be something like this.
possibly Resurrection (was able to Resurrect but it is unknown to whether it was due to her own ability or caused by the shutdown sequence)

If it's that specific, then I guess it's fine. However, I don't think she'd be able to utilize that ability in most versus threads due to how specific it is.

YuriAkuto:

Will you apply the accepted changes on your own?

I will do it yes.

Also I just discussed something and realized it would need its own CRT, so I'll likely make another DR thread after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back