• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Deadly Rat vs Warhammer Deadly Rat

What can the Dire Rat do about wolf’s dura neg, soul manip, power null, and accelled developmen?
The pieces of warpstone in it's teeth are pretty small but effective. The Soul/Mind/transmutation stuff takes time to work. It's powernull only works on regeneration.

Basically fight would go like this.

Wolf rat leaps from like 25-30 feet away and lands on Dire Rat. Wolf Rat bites down.

Timer starts for how quickly the Dire Rat can kill the Wolf Rat which it possibly could via Ap advantage.

With it's AP advantage it may even decicively win however the damage the Wolf Rat would have done in this time would be fatal.

Im leaning towards inconclusive or Wolf Rat due to versatility.

Dire Rat has higher lifting strength, so could potentially hold Wolf Rat in place. But Wolf Rat does have more flexible hax, I guess it's a question on if robust D&D resistances carry on to its fodder.

How fast is this corruption anyways
I should note that the Dire Rat is more skilled and stronger than the Wolf Rat so I don't see why it isn't pinning that guy down and bitting it to death
Off standard tactics, it seems like the Wolf Rat is just going to charge at the Dire Rat and keep attacking them rather than run away, so it really seems like they would get trapped by the Dire Rat clamming down on it or something

How fast is this corruption anyways
I should note that the Dire Rat is more skilled and stronger than the Wolf Rat so I don't see why it isn't pinning that guy down and bitting it to death
Off standard tactics, it seems like the Wolf Rat is just going to charge at the Dire Rat and keep attacking them rather than run away, so it really seems like they would get trapped by the Dire Rat clamming down on it or something
the corruption/mind/soul hax is a guarantee from exposure to warpstone but can take a few hours up to a few days to take effect depending on the amount with exposure to the warpstone in the tips of their teeth, it would depend how long the Wolf Rat could stay attached after biting. I would say Dire Rat is stronger/more skilled yeh which would probably lead to him grappling/throw Wolf Rat away. Wolf Rat will get stronger with each attack and reduce the gap between Dire Rat and Wolf Rat however. Overall Dire Rat is likely gonna die but same with Wolf Rat really.

the corruption/mind/soul hax is a guarantee from exposure to warpstone but can take a few hours up to a few days to take effect depending on the amount with exposure to the warpstone in the tips of their teeth
Okay there is no way it isn't dying before the Dire Rat then, the LS and AP difference means they can easily shake them off and pummel them. Pretty sure in this context whoever dies first is the loser so I'm voting Dire Rat

Okay there is no way it isn't dying before the Dire Rat then, the LS and AP difference means they can easily shake them off and pummel them. Pretty sure in this context whoever dies first is the loser so I'm voting Dire Rat
Accelerated development (getting stronger with each attack) should make up for most of the AP different pretty quickly

Accelerated development (getting stronger with each attack) should make up for most of the AP different pretty quickly
How fast can that go
Also that doesn't really change the LS difference, and either way unless it makes up for it in one attack the tables probably turn on it too fast before the Dire Rat whales on it

How fast can that go
Also that doesn't really change the LS difference, and either way unless it makes up for it in one attack the tables probably turn on it too fast before the Dire Rat whales on it
Hard to say, it's relatively non specific. In tabletop terms it adds extra wounds to their damage. I probably should have checked if pushing strength/biting strength counts as LS before i gave them below average LS. They just don't have upper body strength really.

I think Direrat probably wins

I was gonna go tsk tsk tsk dire rat resists soul manip but it may be one of the rare D&D creatures to not benefit from standard resistances, which is just objectively hilarious

if Dire Rat is more likely to win anyways, I'll vote for it, but thought that was worth mentioning

I was gonna go tsk tsk tsk dire rat resists soul manip but it may be one of the rare D&D creatures to not benefit from standard resistances, which is just objectively hilarious
?
It is just equal to level 1 adventurers, I have no idea why it wouldn't scale to those. Heck it has higher resistances than average depending on what we're talking.

?
It is just equal to level 1 adventurers, I have no idea why it wouldn't scale to those. Heck it has higher resistances than average depending on what we're talking.
it has decent bonuses to saves

huh, didn't know that, thought it sucked more ass than it did. Disregard that comment then.

Back