• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Attack Potency Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Hey all, figure this isn't a terribly controversial CRT to start things off with. Basically, this thread proposes to change all currently "High 8-C" D&D pages to "At least 8-B, possibly 8-A". Currently the pages scale to Freezing Sphere (here), but since the CRT lockdown I've personally discovered two higher-end feats to scale from- both of which are 6th level spells, meaning they scale to the current High 8-C profiles. They also don't involve heat so less of a problem when that comes up, I suppose.

The new feats are Lower/Raise Water (here) and the fact that the Disintegrate spell can destroy a Temple of the Gods (here). As I said, should be fairly uncontroversial. I can personally do the edits when this thread is completed.

Note: The 8-A is left at "possibly" due to the sheer fact that the temple itself is made to mimic stone but is in fact made of force- something that is undeniably stronger than stone but we can't estimate the properties of. The temple functions as if it were made of stone, it isn't actually, so the feat is likely higher though technically unquantifiable.

EDIT: Qawsed has pointed out that the 8-B calc is relatively inconsistent, and has changed between editions. So, in light of this, the new proposal is "At least High 8-C, likely 8-B, possibly 8-A".

Last edited:
@Qawsedf234 Currently was just using the BD&D tier one, as I don't see how it's less defined. I don't see an issue with it, but for funsies I'll calc the lesser Lower Water spell.

For the other Lower Water...
Volume = 345600 ft^3 or 9786.30 m^3
Mass = 9786302 kg
Velocity = 7.315 m/s
KE = 2.618e8 Joules, Small Building level

Welp. If we use this, we'd either go back to "At least High 8-C, possibly 8-A" or "At least High 8-C, likely 8-B, possibly 8-A".

Alright, fair enough. I can switch around the OP, I'm not opposed. @Overlord775 If you wouldn't mind, since you replied to the thread, does this still have your personal stamp of approval.

It wouldn't or at least debatably wouldn't, which is why I lean towards the three separate levels.

The new suggestion seems uncontroversial to apply, yes.

Up to you, restarting my work now, just finished a handful of renders for future pages. Next post shall be another list of updated pages.

Since this is finished, I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back