• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Courage the Cowardly Dog Discussion thread

latest

Last edited:
So, I think a recalc of Courage getting launched across the planet would be a good starting point for the verses new scaling.

I was gonna defend High 4-C Courage but I was too late...

I was actually fine with just 8-A Courage, but almost everyone on that CRT jumped the gun and put him at 9-B instead.

The other new tier for him also makes no sense, how the hell is it possible to physically generate 4-C force yet have 9-B strength and durability?

Last edited:
I was actually fine with just 8-A Courage, but almost everyone on that thread jumped the gun and put him at 9-B instead.
This feat needs to be recalculated

The other new tier for him also makes no sense, how the hell is it possible to physically generate 4-C force yet have 9-B strength and durability?
Because his strongest screams doesn´t scales to his physicals?

Oh yeah I'd also like to mention the "Eustace shapeshifted himself into fireworks that look like constellations" argument sounds like headcanon, he didn't just voluntarily do that on his own accord

Bumping this from last discussion:
There is something I have to note about this.
His screams can also do any notable damage to himself, noticing how in The Magic Tree of Nowhere, he literally screamed hard enough to the point where his skin rips into numerous pieces to the point where he's just a skeleton.
Not sure what to say about all these however but I do think Courage should atleast be somewhere higher than Wall Level when it comes to durability.
Since dude survived a building collapsing (it's also worth noting he was inside said building) during the ending scene of Ball of Revenge to the point where the entire house is destroyed. Meaning Courage's durability should atleast be higher. Again, as for everything else you listed here, I don't know how I should feel about this but I feel like the building collapsing durability is worth noting to see what you think.
So I think his base AP and Durability scales to his screams.

Again I'm fine with 8-A Courage (but tbh if we're gonna keep 4-C screams you may as well make his base form 4-C too), 9-B is just way too low but at least he shares a tier with Scooby for now

I mean... what about Star Level Durability? I think Courage's durability should scale to that.
Because his screams are capable of destroying the sun, yet said screams are capable of doing physical damage to himself so I don't see why he can't scale to that.

Honestly yeah, that too.
Tbh, I didn't know how to feel about the downgrade, like I just didn't agree with it but at the same time, there were also some good arguments behind it.

However, my problem is that the some of the people here didn't actually fully finished Courage as they claim they don't got any valid calculations for him.
Because otherwise, why not finish the full work first before you go and rediscuss a character when it comes to battles like these especially when you're missing important info?

I was gonna defend High 4-C Courage but I was too late...

I was actually fine with just 8-A Courage, but almost everyone on that CRT jumped the gun and put him at 9-B instead.

The thread is unlocked if you want to put it more discussion, but I can agree that people did rush the thread to put him at 9-B before any other discussion necessary.

Thank you, I'll remember to put in some discussion there later

the worst part about all this is Cartoon Network rejected a Courage prequel series back in 2020 so for all we know it could've had more supporting feats for 4-C Courage, maybe higher

If you guys really want to make Base Courage 4-C prepare to search for at least 5 other cosmic feats, i only know 3 of them

Last edited:
Is there no other episode that shows the moon more closely?

I know another cartoon that basically does the same thing as the moon in Courage (that is, crossing the moon and it looks very small), but on the other hand there is another episode that takes place entirely on the moon and it is normal size.

So there's kind of no such problem.

Yeah I don't get why "the moon is too small" only applies for Courage on this site. Cartoons in general never bother with that type of stuff, otherwise the moon would realistically take up the entire screen

That is why Courage downgrade is the best example of overlooking feats.
If you don't know all of their feats then don't discuss about downgrading the character and try to look into their work first so that you don't miss any important info, especially Courage's self-harm feat and Eustace's durability.

That is why Courage downgrade is the best example of overlooking feats.
If you don't know all of their feats then don't discuss about downgrading the character and try to look into their work first so that you don't miss any important info, especially Courage's self-harm feat and Eustace's durability.
lol

Why you don't create a CRT for upgrade Courage then? If you are complaning about It then change his current statistics, It's simple

It wouldn't increase them due to this feat being unquantificable as LS or Dura
Your telling me I can't take the average weight of a woman and the gravity of the sun, F=ma 72.6kg*274m/s^2= 19892.4 N M=F/9.8
19892.4/9.8= 2029.8367346938kg and your telling me I can't calculate this for Muriel and divide it by half for courage cause it's "unquantifiable".

Your telling me I can't take the average weight of a woman and the gravity of the sun, F=ma 72.6kg*274m/s^2= 19892.4 N M=F/9.8
19892.4/9.8= 2029.8367346938kg and your telling me I can't calculate this for Muriel and divide it by half for courage cause it's "unquantifiable".
Meh

Maybe you could make an argument for LS, but not for dura

2029.8367346938 kg of force per meter is 19905.898414 joules that's 9-B durability just off the gravity and that's me not even mentioning the spaceship literally melting into nothing which is quantifiable through metal based melting points to find how much energy is needed to melt through an entire spaceship.

2029.8367346938 kg of force per meter is 19905.898414 joules that's 9-B durability just off the gravity and that's me not even mentioning the spaceship literally melting into nothing which is quantifiable through metal based melting points to find how much energy is needed to melt through an entire spaceship.
What i meant is that we separate gravity and heat from Dura, i just used the wrong words to say that

Back