• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Country level and Small Country level

What the different between them? i mean in size,below 1000 km consider as country level or small one?

There's a big difference between wiping out a small country (i.e. Japan) and wiping out a larger country (i.e. Australia) in terms of destructive capacity.

Hence separate Small Country (Japan) vs Country (Australia) attack potency levels.

I know these aren't our benchmarks, but I was just giving an example.

I know there is difference between destroy small country and big one,i just wanted to ask how we consider what is big and small one,diameter of above what X km is "normal" country level and below it is just a small country

Most the time, country busting in fiction isn't actually country busting, its wiping out numerous cities or even just mass-slaughter. As such, most the time, the landmasses aren't usually shattered or broken, but the country is left in ruins.

However, the explosion formula can be used in most of these instances. Lets use Switzerland for an example since its a decently small country.

Switzerland is roughly 328 kilometers, which gives us a diameter of 164 kilometers

R = Y^(1/3)*0.28. R = Radius in kilometers.

Y = Yield in Kilotons of TNT.

164 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 200,935,860.058309 Kilotons, or 200 Gigatons. Which is only Large Island level

Using your example of 1000 km.

500 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 5,694,241,982.507287 Kilotons, or 5.6 Teratons. Small Country level+

Back