• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comprehensive Scales Page

A comprehensive scale can measure both speed and energy feats in a fictional universe and categorize them by the power level. I believe that some universes with many notable feats (such as Marvel or DC) have many of their feats overlooked or even miscalculated. A good solution to this issue is to have a separate comprehesive scale page for that particular verse. The comprehensive scale page will attempt to list all the feats that can be seen within the particular universe in terms of speed and energy (where energy covers not only attacks, but also things that are "tanked"). In addition, a main goal is to cover the attacks on a character that actually succeed in defeating them (since the power of that specific attack actually could determine the victim's proper durability). The comprehensive scales page will help to:

1. Organize the feats that exist in the verse so that they are not all over the place

2. Encourage anyone to add in any feat that they noticed in the verse, so that it is harder to overlook a specific feat

3. Provide better calculations for durability and attack potential. Having a list of feats in a verse can make it more convenient to find the true limits of attack potency and durability, without the need for scaling.

The page might look somewhat like this (note that the example given does not pertain to an actual verse, but one I made up named X's Verse. Also note that not all levels need to be filled in):

X's Verse's Comprehensive Scale

Energy:

Wall Level

X is smashed into a wall (10^x joules)

Y destroys his room (10^x joules)

X blasts Z down (10^x joules)

Small Building Level

X pushes Y through multiple buildings (10^x tons)

Z fires the A attack at X (10^x tons)

T's apartment burns down (10^x tons)

Town Level

T tanks a small nuke (10^x tons)

Z's robot self-destructs to try to defeat X (10^x tons)

Y creates enough uranium to destroy the town (10^x tons)

Mountain Level

Z causes Mt. R to collapse (10^x tons)

Y punches X so hard that an earthquake is produced (10^x tons)

T tanks one of Y's W attacks

Continent Level

Y's casual punch slightly shortens the day (10^x tons)

T's fireball wipes out all life on planet H (10^x tons)

Planet Level

T is defeated and dies due to Y's S attack (10^x tons)

X destroys planet 6 (10^x tons)

Small Star Level

Y tanks a massive solar flare that could destroy a small star (10^x foe)

Y is finally defeated inside of a supernova (10^x foe)

Speed

SuperHuman

X outruns a cheetah (x m/s)

Y avoids X's Q move (x m/s)

Peak of T's Mega Jump move (x m/s)

Transonic

X almost outruns the blast wave (x m/s)

Y causes a sonic boom (x m/s)

Y's punch in his second fight with T (x m/s)

Hypersonic

T's maximum speed, couldn't circle the Earth in the time given (Mach x)

Y outruns the D beam (Mach x)

FTL

Y and X travel to the sun in only a few seconds (x c)

X is blasted outwards by the FTL beam (x c)

The end. Thank you for your consideration.

I've been thinking of making something like this in my spare time. I think it be a fun endeavor, as well as a practical and helpful one. I think mine would only retain to calcs on this site since OBD has their own and we rarely use calcs from other sites like T5 or AnimeVice.

Not sure if this is worth it or if it's not already done but what about compiling calcs on the respective verse's page? Like it's own comprehensive scale. Like have the dbz page with a scale using calc for it? That seems like itd be easy for people who are only interested in a specific franchise so they just gotta go to the respective page for the calc. On top of what OP is suggesting.

i dont got any power here, i just lurk and post for fun so i was mostly throwing in a suggestion of mine. From what I can tell Antvasima and Promstein are the two that have the highest opinion here so maybe take it up with them? Or at least the former but hes likely busy.

All users opinions matter of course, but the staff members generally have the power to make site wide decisions. Really, this is all a matter of time. If anyone is willing to help out, that's great. Unfortunately I'm going to be pretty busy with moving into a new house and taking art classes, but I would like to get the project rolling, even if it's just me doing the work.

I do not mind if somebody wants to help out by compiling such a page for Marvel Comics in particular, as we currently have massive problems with scaling this verse.

The statistics for this verse are basically largely very incoherent, and need a serious workover in terms of both new calculated feats and overall scaling between the characters.

I will inform Matthew and LordXcano about this thread.

It would take far too much unnecessary work to assemble all of the several hundred calculations used in this wiki to a single page.

On the other hand, we actually do need help with structuring the scaling of our Marvel character pages, so a more specific page for this franchise alone would be very helpful for you and LordXcano, if you wish to improve upon them.

@Ant

I don't think that's any excuse. The job can be done in a few days through dedication, and would be very useful.

Well, I do not think that such a list would be useful at all, and certainly not worth checking through over 11000 profiles in order to find all of our accepted calculations.

The Marvel project on the other hand really does need to get more structured information to scale from.

@Ant

Don't we have a category specifically for blog posts and calculations? Those are much less numerous in number than pages and would be far easier to check through. I would make the page, but I dunno if I'd be able to structure it properly.

Yeah, what Ever said. Going through the [[Category:Blog posts]] category to compile them really shouldn't take to long at all. A week at most.

In a more structured manner that goes from lowest to highest while giving real life comparisons and real life yields.

Well, to catch ALL of our accepted calculations, whether from this site or othervise, would demand systematically combing through around 11000 profile pages, and it would give very little reward, with the page itself demanding constant maintenance and updates that I am entirely unwilling to give it.

As such, I firmly consider this to be a bad idea and a complete waste of time.

If somebody wants to help us out by compiling Marvel calculations alone, preferably in a content revision thread, that is an entirely different matter.

I disagree with you, Ant, and would prefer to make complete Comprehensive Pages, at least using our blogs alone. Would be more rewarding.

Well, it would serve no practical purpose, and demand an enormous amount of work, so our striking strength revision project is extremely heavily prioritised, as are your own Marvel and Sailor Moon revisions.

@Dark: Soooo... basically just the list, but put into order of yield with the equivalent AP and speed levels noted additionally to the calc results?

I didn't mean to have just one page that lists all the calcs from all the verses like in OBD!

All I meant was for every verse to have its own separate list that can have values added to it whenever convenient. You don't need to add them all at once.

@JTOnstead20: Well, in that case that basically goes into the direction of improvement of verse explanations, nobody should really have a problem with if somebody that is interested in doing them does them.

We for example already officially encourage writing blog posts that compile the explanations for the characters of verses into an easy to access and understand form.

Just forcing people to do the work if they don't want to by themself is troublesome.

Well, as I mentioned, we do have an ongoing problem with scaling the Marvel characters, so it would likely help if somebody (or somebodies) compiled a list of relevant calculated feats performed both here and at the Narutoforums, sorted from highest to lowest, and placed in a content revision thread to start with.

(Responding to OP)

I already have something like this on my profile page, but that features only my calcs since it is my profile.

But, like Ant said, doing this for every verse does seem tedious when the relevant calcs should already be on the profiles anyway. If you want to add all the calcs for a verse onto the verse page in a list like this that's your own perogative, I don't think anyone is gonna really try and stop you. But making a project for it is just... eh.

I think that LordXcano makes sense, with the exception that lists of calculations in the verse pages might mess up the structure.

Anyway, if you and others are willing to search the OBD and our own wiki for useful Marvel calculations to add to a list in a content revision thread, this would be very appreciated, as the current profiles have incoherent statistics, and we were supposed to abandon the handbook scaling.

However, nothing happened with the important project, and Spider-Man and the characters scaled from him are likely still rated too high, or at least from an unreliable feat.

Back