• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comicvine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I have a battle on comicvine where the general consensus is that a character beats someone many tiers above himself on this site, would winning character be subject to a higher tier?

Character is sauron, and he beats Wiccan, weakest scarlet witch, Freddy Krueger, Castiel, lucifer and Michael from supernatural and finally stops at lorgar the primarch from 40k

why do you think I'm asking. Although it's a reality warping gauntlet. As I have a quote saying Sauron has reality warping

No, It's like saying Goku has beaten Superman! Now he's gonna beat up Odin or Seya soon!

That's stupid fanfic crap to do.

And many others are right. It's quite possible you are the misinformed ones, as more often or not there is quite the confusing tier when feats have proven otherwise.

Tiers are decided by feats a character does in their respective fiction. NOT Versus threads which are quite honestly, just people's differing opinions.

But the opinions are based off something. If you read the thread you'll see that everyone is hardcore against sauron. Honestly everyone's quite done with lotr recently even though it's pretty sweet. But why would they be trashing a character they like? Fact is they don't. They just know where he should be

Really? Just because they say so that means we have to listen to them like facts?

And still, It's not like OBD or Our Wiki is some manga where characters meet each other and grows more powerful like Superman is now low galaxy level or some crap like that,

"I think Superman beats TOAA because he never loses."

"Huh...damn. Guess we have to upgrade Superman to Tier 0, now."

See why we don't do that?

Alright well what if I tell you. There's a lotr quote that says morgoth and sauron and the other ainur can use their will power to alter can change and bend the physical and immaterial world through sheer willpower. Sauron has displayed feats that if he willed a continent to fall down it would. He has access to this power. Because will power=strength of reality warping. Makes sense right?

Actually Im with the CV guys and some of them provide great analysis, making some totally lowballed character a badass and powerful(ex.Dante, Sora, Cloud, Sol etc.)

I highly recomnds it.

Danterocks said:
Actually Im with the CV guys and some of them provide great analysis, making some totally lowballed character a badass and powerful(ex.Dante, Sora, Cloud, Sol etc.)
I highly recomnds it.
We are willing to listen to reasonable arguments.

We aren't willing to issue major upgrades because some guys in a thread said so.

Goodguysauron11 said:
I have a reality warping quote just sitting here. And no one cares. Basic reality warpers are planetary.
False, reality warpers vary immensely on what they can affect with their power. Odin is a reality warper, but he certainly isn't Universal or Multiversal with it, while some other reality warpers like Mxyzptlk easily are.

CrossverseCrisis said:
This is getting ******** as f*** right now with the this is going to already.
It really is.

@Goodguysauron11:

I'll tell you this right now: We won't upgrade a character based on peoples input on a random thread. If you want to upgrade him, make a thread with REAL reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back