• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarification for a KE rule

I've already asked permission from @Agnaa for opening this.

First of all, I'd like to note that this has nothing to do with the rule change. In short, I noticed that a rule on the KE page was misinterpreted by a lot of people and thought it needed to be clarified. Rule:
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
I suggest to add a note like "keep in mind that..." to explain that destruction calculation should take priority over "KE lost during destruction", not "KE that it had before destruction". A thrown ball which have tier 7 energy can easily pass through wall causing tier 9 damage and not lose speed significantly(which means that caused destruction is a tiny part of energy ball had) as it can remain most of its energy even after feat, obviously if it doesn't contradict anything.

I'm sure rule implies this anyway but I saw it being interpreted both ways so I think this needs to be clarified.

I'd be fine with adding something like that, if that is actually a point of confusion.

Back