• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, so coming back to this, this is a huge battle of versatile warriors. Childe's elemental intangibility probably won't help him here given that Oryx has NPI, but both have extremely varied arsenals. Childe probably would open with range attacks, and then intensify his arsenal with Riptide and summoned hydro attacks like his whale or whatever, with Foul Legacy being his nuclear option if Oryx proves to endure his assault.

I don't know the AP gap quite yet but this will be a difficult battle for Childe if he's already at a disadvantage, but his arsenal with amps and protective abilities like elemental shields and mobility with his true flight should make this an interesting fight.

Oryx has a 43 character scaling Chan from 8.8 Megatons and is a super tanky guy on top of that, being capable of taking an endured assault from 85 people for a decently long fight using his own weapons and shit on him, though I'd warn that Oryx has a nasty tendency to chase down and teleport at times

Childe's Foul Legacy transformation probably could probably amp his speed to keep up but also it puts a heavy burden on his stamina. I'd probably say Oryx has the advantage in dura and probably even in AP maybe? Childe definitely is going to alternate between close and ranged attacks, summong lightning to strike from above while also bringing water up from below.

Oryx probably has experience with that kind of barrage though, so I'm gonna wait for further input from other supporters

Getting close to the guy yeeting Danmaku everywhere seems like a bad idea if you ask me lol

Well Childe probably benefits from range then, he is a bow user after all. He could also just yeet a giant Hydro whale at him lol

Same goes for Oryx who can teleport a decent distance and has a very nasty tendency to throw around status effects with Invulnerability, Childe wails on that shield when it's up too much and suddenly he's just been hit-scanned with one of four status effects, and Quiet is gonna be devastating as Childe can kiss goodbye to magic usage for 30 seconds, same goes to weak, which just lowers his AP, and Armor Break, which makes Oryx's everything dura neg. Sick is, as usual, worthless here as Childe can't heal himself nor does he have regen.

Alternatively if he manages to deal enough damage to Oryx during stronger attacks he can actually stagger him for some much-needed breathing room and some free damage.

Not to be that guy but doesn't Childe not use magic at all anyway? Since elemental stuff in Genshin is afaik not magic by nature

Would Quiet work on Childe's Vision? 🤔 Genshin does have elemental energy but Visions don't really have any defined limit or recharge for attacks, and I observed that even with their Elemental Skills restricted, Vision Users could still use some of their more basic elemental attacks. The other three would definitely be devastating though.

Vision Users could still use some of their more basic elemental attacks. The other three would definitely be devastating though.
Do you mean Raiden's vision hunt decree on Catalyst users?
That would be more of an omitted thing for game mechanics, visions shouldn't work

Not to be that guy but doesn't Childe not use magic at all anyway? Since elemental stuff in Genshin is afaik not magic by nature
I'm just going by the fact magic is mentioned in the range section, though Quiet literally works on a guy trying to shield bash so shrug lol

That would be more of an omitted thing for game mechanics, visions shouldn't work
Well yeah fair enough, and I'm also wondering what happens with other things like Weapon Control when their Vision is nullified? Do they just lose that as well? It's still a challenge to consider whether mana nullification actually works on Visions and what the implications of that are.

Well yeah fair enough, and I'm also wondering what happens with other things like Weapon Control when their Vision is nullified? Do they just lose that as well? It's still a challenge to consider whether mana nullification actually works on Visions and what the implications of that are.
Yeah, but honestly what's on the profile is all I got for Quiet, so I'll let the Genshin supporters debate amongst themselves on if it'd work.

Can't say for sure if it nullifies their weapon control cause only the Traveler who's immune to this has been exposed to it

Back