• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters with Soul.

Why the characters are rated to have a soul unless the show proves otherwise? Shouldnt it be souless unless stated otherwise? there is no proof that Soul exist, that shouldnt be a assumption

Even if we accept souls do not exist in real life and thus everyone being soulless by default, verse equalization will grant a soul according to the definition and requeriments of one of the verse.

Even if we accept souls do not exist in real life and thus everyone being soulless by default, verse equalization will grant a soul according to the definition and requeriments of one of the verse.
Verse equalization won't grant a soul, it only apply to energy, but I'm talking about normal verses that doesnt have it, there is no proof about souls existing

If neither verse bring the concept of soul or spirit, then it's irrelevant whenever they have soul or not.

But the moment one verse bring it up, then the opposite verse would have a soul/spirit according to the criteria of the other verse.

Plus, if go with "x power doesn't work cuz it doesn't exist in real life", then powers life magic and concept manip wouldn't work neither.

It's a touchy subject that really annoys me.
Sorry to anyone this offends, but souls don't exist, so I don't know they're a default assumption rather than the other way around.
Soul-hax on this wiki is treated like an ultimate trump-card, and weebs love it that way, so I highly doubt they'd allow it to change.

If neither verse bring the concept of soul or spirit, then it's irrelevant whenever they have soul or not.

But the moment one verse bring it up, then the opposite verse would have a soul/spirit according to the criteria of the other verse.
Why? lol, if Verse X has soul but Verse Y doesnt, there is no reasons to make the Verse Y has it just because X does, honestly, that sounds rlly bad

Plus, if go with "x power doesn't work cuz it doesn't exist in real life", then powers life magic and concept manip wouldn't work neither.
Magic absorption does not work on characters who do not use magic, this is the same idea.
The argument isn't that they're no longer able to control souls, it's that there's no proof there's souls to control.
In contrast, it can almost always be assumed that concepts and life exist.

What if magic absorption works even in not magic users? There are verses where mana exist in living beings, even if they do not use magic. What makes a peasant from these verses different than the peasants from verses where spirit is not brought up?

What if magic absorption works even in not magic users? There are verses where mana exist in living beings, even if they do not use magic. What makes a peasant from these verses different than the peasants from verses where spirit is not brought up?
The fact that mana is stated to exist in all living beings.

1-U said that Mana exist, so, it can be used
2-Why is this envolved with Souls?

I mean, it's the same principle: if in x verse a peasant without anything have a soul (has been soul haxed), and in y verse, where spirit or soul hasn't been brought up, there's also a peasant without anything special, then is fair to assume it has a soul, at least for equalizing purposes.

I mean, it's the same principle: if in x verse a peasant without anything have a soul (has been soul haxed), and in y verse, where spirit or soul hasn't been brought up, there's also a peasant without anything special, then is fair to assume it has a soul, at least for equalizing purposes.
u cant equalize things that doesnt exist

Verse equalization refers to like-things, not that we should impose every verse-specific concept on every other verse.
That is to say, equalizing magic only says that the two already established magics are considered similar, not that the verse without magic suddenly gains magic.

Eh **** it I'm not doing much rn can't hurt to re type stuff

I don't even think whether souls exist or not irl matters as much as whether it can be definitively proven to under the same standards of proof we apply to the rest of the wiki, and I don't think that it can.

What makes a peasant from these verses different than the peasants from verses where spirit is not brought up?

The fact that a core tenet of one verse is just straight up not present in the other's? Am I supposed to expect every human from whatever other verse to get a bunch of powers via touching a gun if they're fighting a destiny person or some shit

Look, I can't (nor wouldn't even if I have enough knowledge) convince you that soul exists; any attempt to try to justify a verse where spirits aren't brought to have soul would inevitable point to religious issue, that I rather avoid.

But we aren't going to grant immunity to every verse that has mentioned the words spirit, soul or essence; in fiction, those exist, and several works they uses it in several ways; soul is not a verse exclusive term, so they, for the purpose of debating, work in those verses, not matter what do people in the world believe.

If we restrict souls, then the next step would concepts: no matter how you see, concepts are not a real thing, doesn't matter what Plato said, concepts like good and evil are not a universal force, just a mere point of view of the men.

Look, I can't (nor wouldn't even if I have enough knowledge) convince you that soul exists; any attempt to try to justify a verse where spirits aren't brought to have soul would inevitable point to religious issue, that I rather avoid.

But we aren't going to grant immunity to every verse that has mentioned the words spirit, soul or essence; in fiction, those exist, and several works they uses it in several ways; soul is not a verse exclusive term, so they, for the purpose of debating, work in those verses, not matter what do people in the world believe.

If we restrict souls, then the next step would concepts: no matter how you see, concepts are not a real thing, doesn't matter what Plato said, concepts like good and evil are not a universal force, just a mere point of view of the men.
The verses that use concept like this are stated to work like that, but u have 0 Proofs that soul exist, I don't care if it will be applied or no, because I doubt that the wiki would accept, I just wanted to see if someone could convice me

If there is convincing people out there, it wouldn't comment as it going to inevitably bring up religion and philosofy.

Plus, this of creating a new type of concept, a more "advanced" type of concept, and then apply to every verse is not different that we do with souls (personally I think it's actually worst).

The standard assumption is verse equalization; the only reason people want characters having no soul to be the standard assumption is because they dislike hax; and possibly dislike something else but lets not get into that controversy. But the day we make it a standard assumption that characters have no soul is the day we make it the assumption that all characters have type 5 Acausality unless they show susceptibility to Fate Manipulation, precognition, time paradoxes among other things. Or that no characters have minds unless shown a weakness to mind manipulation. Ultimately, you'd be asking us to prove more negatives then there are positives. Soul Manipulation is as solid of a hax ability as any other. It's the resistance/immunity to hax that requires more evidence, not the weakness to various haxes; case and point and no double standards.

Last edited:
Back