• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters that are overhated and why

Usopp from One Piece.

I see a lot of hate tossed his way but IMO he’s a pretty great character.
Honestly, most hate for One Piece characters come from the anime. The anime loves to exaggerate characters ALOT. Like Usopp's cowardice or Brook's jokes, or even Sanji's pervertedness. Or even Rebecca's backstory in Dressrosa every 3 seconds. As well as Pudding's dual personality. That's my main problem with the anime. They ruin alot of characters that tend to be found enjoyable if you read the manga as opposed to the anime.

Honestly, most hate for One Piece characters come from the anime. The anime loves to exaggerate characters ALOT. Like Usopp's cowardice or Brook's jokes, or even Sanji's pervertedness. Or even Rebecca's backstory in Dressrosa every 3 seconds. As well as Pudding's dual personality. That's my main problem with the anime. They ruin alot of characters that tend to be found enjoyable if you read the manga as opposed to the anime.
🤔👍

As usual, here's my list:

OIP.VknWdutWrrr6LDB6rFB1IwHaJ0

Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond: SU fans hate her with a burning passion. Did they not realize that her story was told in reverse? And the fact that Blue, Yellow, and White Diamond were the reason why Pink did so many bad things? The 3 Diamonds were far worse than Pink. Pink at least tried to become a better person towards the end of her life. People legit saw the SU movie and thought Pink was Satan incarnate. But that couldn't be further from the truth. She's a flawed character.

R.afcb622ee5dc382bfd8f44de334543fd

The Pokègirls: Every single Pokègirl has their own hatedom, and I never really understood why. Yeah, basically every single one of them is a hothead, and they can get a bit annoying (especially Iris), but I never really understood the hate. Some are even well-written (I.E. Dawn and Serena). They're just harmless little girls, what did they do to you???

R.6c6111f2ea8aa649c2283b8beb7507e1

Johnny Test: Do I even need to explain the amount of hate this kid gets? I mean, just look at the hate art (and I use the word art very loosely). The hate art is filled with characters beating, torturing, and killing an 11 year old boy. Yes, Johnny's annoying, selfish, and rude, but that's how a lot of us were at Johnny's age. Plus, his family (other than his Mom and Dukey) are horrible to him. He's shown plenty of times that he's a good kid at heart. He's just an hyperactive kid who likes to have fun. Despite being rebellious and rude, he's still a good kid. People really need to lay off of him.

That's it for now.

The Sentry

I have been part of the CB fandom for a long time but I never really see any praise for him. Mostly hate. And it's just them misunderstanding the concept of the character. A lot of people have surface level knowledge on him and hates him for that, others just see his picture and pretend he is a superman clone, thus inferior in every possible way. Others hate him cause he is too op and a "Mary Sue".

But everyone (who hates/dislike him) I have ever talked to doesn't really get the character at all. Some haven't even read anything with him in it but hates him for some reasons.

Back