• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Character Contest!

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello, fellow companions of FC/OC VsBattles wikia!

I have an idea, just a small competition where we shall have some fun: The Character Contest.

"Oh! A character contest!... But what we'll exactly compare?" Well, m'friends, I have some ideas. The contest will be divided in three parts:

- Character Contest - Most Beautiful OC/FC. (By appearance description & profile pics)

- Character Contest - Most Original OC/FC.

- Character Contest - Best OC/FC.

- Character Contest - Strongest OC/FC. (Of each tier, of course. EXCEPT tier infinity and 0. I'll go in more detail later)

Okay, I know that some of these can cause some bad blood among the wiki, but it is just an idea, and everything may change...Or not. :p

Anyway, here some rulesfor all contests (Exceptions will be listed):

1. You can only subscribe only ONE OC on each contest (Exception is Best OC/FC, where all characters will compete at the same time) - Example: I'll choose OC1 for the Beauty Contest and OC2 for Most Original OC/FC.

2. Joke/Omnipotent OC's aren't allowed on the Strongest Contest (Don't confuse random/funny OC's with Joke OC's. Tier infinity and Mary-Sue characters are instantly classified as Joke OC's.)

3. On the Strongest OC contest, Tier 1 characters - especially High 1-A's - need to be very well-descripted. By well-descripted, I mean actual descriptions. Random stuff, redundancy and senseless stuff are going to be ignored. Tier 1 characters who don't fill the requesites shall be ignored.

4. You are allowed to subscribe the same OC on all contests (For a example, you could use - just as a example - Stryder Xialong Yun on the Most Beautiful, Strongest & Original at the same time).

So, yeah. That may go serious changes and stuff, but that's pretty much it.

So, whaddya guys think?

@Cross

Like how I said, Best OC/FC automatically involves all OC's.

@Minus

Well, only one OC per category. So, who's going to be on the originality category? Hatoshi or Riley?

Ho now this is interesting. Most of my OC's are currently crap but I still wanna enter so...

Kazama Ryuichi for the Strongest OC/FC and Jin Kisaragi for Most Beautiful OC/FC...

Btw I have a few questions regarding this...

List of Questions...

Question 1) I can still edit my characters (which are in the contest) to make them look better right or can't I?.

Question 2) When is this contest officially gonna end with a winner. Can ya give me a specific date.

Two questions for now...

@Ziel

1) The contest won't start right now, so you can edit your characters (For now, at least). But once the contest starts, no. If I see a character that got edited (Except for battle results, spelling fixing or very minor changes) on any of the contests, it will be instantly banned of the contest.

2) Hm... That's hard, because I will need the input of the whole (Or most) of the community. So no, I can't give you a specific date.

Probably by a week. I'll make some changes to the rules, and that will give you guys plenty of time to edit your characters.

I will get back to you on this, as currently I'm retooling some of my characters' backstories and powers just a little bit.

How depressing.

Not one of my characters even comes close to applying for any of these.

Beauty: I don't even add pics to my articles.

Originality: Most of my characters are just souped-up Marvel FCs.

Strength: My Hulk could have won this if I had left him in tier 3, but I just had to make him Low 2-C.

Best: What does that even mean? Do we just take a vote on which one we like the most?

@Steve

Well, the rules will change, but about "Best OC", I mean the one with the deepest story, most striking personality, and the most interesting collection of powers.

I will, however, submit Argent Resonance Empowered!Guardian Nocturne for strongest Tier 2 character, if such is allowed.

Eyup, accepted, but I think that I'll change the rules a "little".

Instead of submitting characters, I think that it would make more sense to automatically involve all characters of this wiki. I know, it is a hard task to look at all pages, but I think that it would make more sense and it would be more fair towards the members (I mean, the currently inactive or the ones who didn't got the notification. Somehow).

@Nickolas

You don't even have a page on here, though. You should probably make one if you'd like to enter the contest.

I wanna add my character for most powerful, but at the same time I'm really unsure. My character's profile is kinda all over the place right now. Hmm...

Otakuzoid said:
Hmm, what exactly classifies as a Mary Sue?
A character that's perfect in everyway possible and is pretty much good at everything a canon character can and/or could do. That's the only thing i could explain it without making a longpost about it. And also that's simply what a Mary Sue(or Gary Stu for males) is.

@Nickolas: Well i hope your not trying to be mean or anything. Plus about that comment about how Perpetual said about you not having a character, i'm pretty sure it's because he doesn't realize you had another account here where you made your Nickolas character(i'm assuming the reason why you made this new one was because you probably forgot your password, din't ya?).

Nickolas the Hedgehog said:
@CrossGuy It's called a joke.
(Actually since my character brakes the fourth wall I gave him an account.)
Aahhh.

Well, see, here's the thing. You go around just doing that? Sure, you'll get the joke, but everyone else the joke is aimed at; namely, the audience, divorced of any sort of context regarding you or your character; will have absolutely zero idea what you are on about, and most likely not assume that you are roleplaying a 4th-wall-breaking OC. Just a tip, for the future and stuff.

Back