• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell vs Post-Crisis Superman

Strmi said:
No,kkx20 is over 20 FTL.Because base GOku is 1.04C
Really? where's the calc? I remember we had one with Base Goku (namek vs ginue force) being 70% light speed. Then if that kaioken 20 thing is true, and if he is 20 times FTL in kaioken 20 instead of 14 (that's nearly 50% faster) then SPC (with what I said about SPC being at the very least 60 times FTL) is then around 90 times FTL at least (60 X 1.5).

• Goku reacting to Cell's kamehameha, I have seen it being calced to be around 300 times the speed of light
Those are blatant lies, there is not a single calculable feat in all of DB manga that puts anyone above 2x times the speed of light.

If anything you're getting those figures by stacking kaioke over a known feat.

I though that Kaio Ken/SSJ multiplier weren't accepted, due that the increase of power isn't lineal, and don't known why the kk multiplier is different from the SSJ multiplier, both were designed to multiplier the power level

KK is accepted because we explicitly know how it works and that it multiplies physical statistics. We don't use SSJ multipliers because they seem to be more generic "power level boosts" we can't directly scale to anything.

mmm... but KK is supposed to increase the power level too, so that a kkx50 would be the same as a normal SSJ, and would have sense since kkx20 Goku is equal strong than Frieza 50% of his power, 60M of power level

AguilaR101 said:
  • Goku reacting to Cell's kamehameha, I have seen it being calced to be around 300 times the speed of light
Those are blatant lies, there is not a single calculable feat in all of DB manga that puts anyone above 2x times the speed of light.

Piccolo moon busting feat (db verse has the same size than our universe so Piccolo's beam went from earth to moon (384 000 km) in 17.84 seconds), Then Radditz and Nappa being able to dodge it in battle situation, then Goku being able to casually blitz Nappa.

Then Goku's speed became literally and officially ten times greater after his X 100 times gravity. Piccolo's beam was calculated to be 7% Speed of light. If you multiply it by 10 (because of the training) then base form Goku vs the ginue force is at least at 70% speed of light (fighting speed). Kaioken increases speed linearly and multiplies it (kaioken = speed/power/durability X 2, kaioken 3 triples those stats, kaioken 4 multiplies them by 4 etc ...).

So Kaioken 20 Goku is AT LEAST 14 times FTL in battle situation (and we're law balling because we do not count the zenkai boost, the fact Goku was stronger/faster than 2% final form in his base form, while Frieza himsmelf is obviously a LOT faster than pre zenkai boost Goku in his base form, we do not count Goku's obvious superior speed vs Raddtiz or Nappa and we treat it as equal to their speed because we do not know precisely how many times Goku is faster than them).

50 % Frieza was equal to kaioken 20 Goku. SSJ Goku was at the very least equal to 100% Frieza which shows SSJ Goku's speed as SSJ is at least twice better than kaioken 20 Goku's speed, that is to say at least 28 times FTL (and we do not count the zenkai boost).

After that they trained 3 years for the androids + at least 1 year in the hyperbolic time chamber (so their speed obviously increased). And SPC was more or less equal to SSJ2 teen Gohan which means SPC's fighting speed is at the very least 60 times FTL (not to mention it was explicitely said Gohan was better than Goku at that time).

AguilaR101 said:

I hope you are not serious

ˆActually he is right, iirc, there's no other calc that makes then faster than that, however, that character are slower than 2c isn't true at all, we saw the kame hame ha reach the sun in seconds, and anyone who react to that would be around FTL+. Another stats are only assumptions and vague statements, I would prefer to look at them and calculate them.

How can Superman even hurt Cell if his attack potency is Large Star level and Cell's Durability is Solar System level? combine this with Cell's Regenerationn and I find it very difficult to believe Superman can defeat him. Also, Superman's combat speed is FTL while Cell's combat speed is FTL+.

Inertio said:
How can Superman even hurt Cell if his attack potency is Large Star level and Cell's Durability is Solar System level? combine this with Cell's Regenerationn and I find it very difficult to believe Superman can defeat him. Also, Superman's combat speed is FTL while Cell's combat speed is FTL+.
Superman can negate durability and his combat speed is Massively FTL, which is faster than Cell.

Promestein said:
Inertio said:
Superman can negate durability and his combat speed is Massively FTL, which is faster than Cell.
Superman's Flight speed is MFTL, his combat speed is much slower, being only FTL.

@Inertio: It's alright. But seriously, next time take a look or two even at a characters page before you make a proper argument. Otherwise you'll mistake yourself like you just did now some minutes ago.

I think maybe he accidentally used new 52's speed. One question: what kind of durability negation technique does Superman have? The intangibility?

As I said in a previous post Cell can use his "perfect barrier" To push back Superman at the exact moment he tries to attack him (that is to say when he becomes tangible). That will give Cell enough time to regenerate. Also I have one hypothesis to explain how Cell survived Goku's "instant kamehameha". Maybe it's because he has Frieza's cells which allows him to temporarily survive fatale wounds (Frieza lost a part of his head ad was still alive when his father took him in his ship). Anyway Superman most likely can't beat Cell due to the fact he needs to destroy his whole body in one attack (which is impossible due to Cell's superior durability and the fact he can use his "perfect barrier" to push back Superman after he becomes tangible). The barrier was not affected at all by SSJ Goku's ki blasts, which means it's durable enoug to resist attacks from large star busters.

I would go with SPC. He can block superman's energy blasts with the perfect barrier, he has a higher AP and durability, and he can absorb Superman with his tail. If he can't penetrate his skin, then death beam right in the shoulder and he can pin Superman down like he did with Piccolo and just absorb him right then and there.

I am going with Superman. Absolute Zero Freeze breath and microscopic heat vision can destroy Cell's...cells. If speed is unequalized, he hits call a lot faster, if it is equalized, Superman is smart enough to know when and where to Hit and use intangability to avoid stinger sticking power.

4tiracunzbogcropafista said:
going with cell,he is ss,has variety of techniques.I think it's time to add his victory
What is the vote count. I am pretty sure I only spotted 4 votes for Cell that were accompanied by an argument. I skimmed though so I could have missed them.

Um... Superman has more votes, @4tir. I counted 6 or 7 for Cell, 0 or 1 for inconclusive (someone said inconclusive but he's leaning more towards Cell), and 9 for Superman. For the record, I'm going with Superman due to the reasons Prom said a while back, so make that 10.

Of course, if someone made a thread about two characters that means than that person should known about them and can give a vote; however, he need to show an argument for that

While it's perfectly legal, as it's been done many times before, don't count my vote. I don't really mind in the slightest.

Back