• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carnage General Discussion

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Continued from this thread (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3305099#19), I feel like this is a good choice for people who are fans of Carnage to discuss the events of Absolute/Dark Carnage to their heart's content.

Make sure to keep the chat civil, please.

Anywho, enjoy your stay here!

So, what we know about Dark Carnage so far:

- Dark Carnage = Cletus Kasady (who is apparently undead) bonded to the ancient Grendel symbiote

- He has all of Carnage's regular powers but is a lot stronger than he was before, being capable of ripping the Monsters of Evil to shreds without sustaining injury himself despite their best efforts. (Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre)

- He can infect people and animals with symbiote "brain worms" (Web of Venom: Unleashed) or offshoots of his symbiote (Web of Venom: Cult of Carnage) to turn them into pawns he can control

- He can resurrect people using his symbiote (Venom Vol. 4 #16)

- He can use his symbiote to appear as a normal human, and can even impersonate other people (Free Comic Book Day 2019 (Spider-Man/Venom), Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre)

- The more codexes and symbiotes he absorbs, the more powerful he becomes. (Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre)

- He's apparently invulnerable to fire, as he laughs off being blasted by hellfire. (Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre)

Apparently, Knull has had a psychic connection with Cletus since he was born (hence why he was brought back to life after dying as a baby). So, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that when Grendel (who is Knull's avatar) took over Cletus's corpse, he resurrected him.

He should be much stronger than Toxin, who is stronger than Carnage. But how much, beats me (maybe bumping him to being 7-C as opposed to Low 7-C).

If he also absorbs the codexes, shouldn't he also adopt its abilities?

With the hellfire feat, do you think he should get High Regenerationn rating? Resistance to extreme heat he would definitely get.

Symbiotes in general are capable of rapidly healing their hosts, but Dark Carnage didn't need to regenerate from the hellfire - the hellfire didn't even injure him.

Migue79 said:
Apparently, Knull has had a psychic connection with Cletus since he was born (hence why he was brought back to life after dying as a baby). So, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that when Grendel (who is Knull's avatar) took over Cletus's corpse, he resurrected him.
He should be much stronger than Toxin, who is stronger than Carnage. But how much, beats me (maybe bumping him to being 7-C as opposed to Low 7-C).

If he also absorbs the codexes, shouldn't he also adopt its abilities?

With the hellfire feat, do you think he should get High Regenerationn rating? Resistance to extreme heat he would definitely get.
I don't think he gets their abilities, mainly because that's never really been a thing symbiotes could do without completely merging/fusing. Scorn had technology manipulation, but Dark Carnage apparently didn't get that after consuming her codex (Lee Price w/ Mania could possess and control people, but Carnage and Dark Carnage both already had that ability).

So apparently Dark Carnage is vulnerable if something is hot enough like how he got temporarely incapacitated by Lightning (but wasnt enough to kill him) which is still pretty damn hot.

Lightning is 53,000 degrees Fahrenheit fyi

I don't know if it's the heat of the electricity that hurts the Grendel symbiote, considering it's also been incapacitated by Miles' bioelectric Venom Blast and the shock of all those weapons overloading and exploding.

Well, until it isn't elaborated as to why it is weak to electricity, I'll be assuming the above.

Also, how hot is Hellfire?

Dunno. To my knowledge no-one's ever established how hot hellfire is.

Thing is, regular Carnage was weak to fire but laughed off being zapped by a third rail, and Dark Carnage is supposed to be way more powerful.

Probs an inconsistency. We'll just have to wait and see.

OK, apparently hellfire burns hotter in relation to its target's sins. With Carnage... that's a lot, and while he did have his sins eaten in AXIS: Carnage he's been making up for lost time since his reversion to evil.

It also burns at a spiritual level (targets the soul).

Poor Cletus

Back