• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CAPE Calcs and Storm Feats (Staff only)

Um so what is the density of clouds now? I saw on the cloud calculations page that the density of water and air is 1.003 but for only water it varies depending on the type of cloud.

Same method of calculation, same implications, just taken in the opposite direction. It's late and I'm tired, apologies if I miss intricacies. Doesn't change the actual point, though.

Bro, 0.5g/m^3 is the density, not the liquid water content. Liquid water content of a storm cloud is 2g/m┬│ on average.

And using 0.5g/m^3 for vaporization is very wrong, no offense, considering we're talking water vapor, the density of which is 0.7kg/m^3 for standard environments.

Heavily dense clouds, the clouds that this discussion revolves around. They are from 1-3g/m┬│ so average is 2g m3. That's not the density of the cloud, it is the mass of the water divided by the cloud volume.

I don't get one thing: if you are planning to replace density as a whole, then all methods would have it replaced, not just one. That brings us to what Assalt said.

I do personally find that ridiculous, tho.

This discussion is for all clouds, or at least, that part is. Saying flat out "hey its 2g/m^3 lul" is wrong because that only accounts for the heavily dense (or water dense, since we are now getting into pointless semantics) clouds and not your standard affair. I assume you've been misunderstanding me based on the fact that you seem to only be referring to one type of cloud while I am speaking in general.

"Storm feats" means cumulonimbus only, not all types of cloud. Unless you want to include nimbostratus clouds as "technically" storms.

DT created a blog where it specify the several types of clouds and its respective density and range of thickness. Let see if I can find it using the tablet.

EDIT: Here's the blog.

this includes all clouds, hence why we included values for a few common types of clouds

Know what, not even gonna bother lol. This is literally just splitting hairs about cloud creation feats which are few and far between on a concluded thread.

Cool. Good stuff.

Pretty much... I mean, every point was cleared, only thing left it correct those verses that hasn't been updated, although, that will happen given the time.

Ah cause it looked like Kep-sama stil wanted to counter argue about this CAPE and I guess looking at the top a few agreed (I think)

The "debate" was Kep was essentially just misunderstanding.

This has been concluded for awhile. Another thread should be made to compile all verses affected that haven't been updated yet.

Back